Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Green OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called the Off Rodeo line today to ask about NH. They are closed in the winter because the location is also a ski resort. They will reopen around May depending on when the ski season ends.
I was told to register and pick NH and watch my emails for the dates to open up.
That's what I suspected.
Thank you for the info!! :)

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, was just going through the process of signing up for the event in Vegas and it asks about a $75 damage waiver. How many of you took it? I find it odd because they are the ones taking us on their vehicles and yet they are going to hold us responsible for any damages...does not seem to make sense....but I just want to play it safe and so would like your advice on whether or not I should take it. Thanks!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, was just going through the process of signing up for the event in Vegas and it asks about a $75 damage waiver. How many of you took it? I find it odd because they are the ones taking us on their vehicles and yet they are going to hold us responsible for any damages...does not seem to make sense....but I just want to play it safe and so would like your advice on whether or not I should take it. Thanks!
See the post earlier as to why it might make sense.

Sponsored

Red Devil's Rebel

Outer Banks
First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Green OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It does provide a certain peace of mind.
However, one thing to take into consideration about the insurance is that it only kicks in *after a $3500 deductable* that you would have to pay out-of-pocket.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So not the best quality video, but you get the point. My friend had an android so he recorded it off an iPhone to avoid losing quality. Two passengers in the bronco behind had video of the incident. Both pretty good quality and I know it was sent to other people at dinner time. Unfortunately this is all I have.

The guides were up the hill helping others through a tough spot. They had just radioed to bronco 1 to stop and wait for the rest of the group to catch up. A minute or two later we heard what sounded like a gunshot (curtain side airbags went off). Then heard over the radio, "Umm we have a problem up here, bronco two just rolled over." We were in bronco 6, so we didn't see it happen. No one was hurt, the wife (passenger) seemed pretty shook up. They had the option to continue in another vehicle, but they chose to go home. We had to turn around on the trail and we left the bronco. They went back while we were eating dinner to start the recovery process.

According to the guide (Diego), that rock/boulder had not previously been there. Maybe the rain earlier that week, moved it? He was quite surprised to hear about the rollover, because they had just passed the tight spot.

I still wouldn't have paid the $75 for the insurance. It was the first and only rollover at the Nevada location, I'm not sure about the others.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was the only one who did buy it in my NH group. No one needed it...

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I went to the Nevada site on Monday, 11/14. Previous posts give a good overview of what to expect at this site. We had 9 Broncos total, including several folks from Florida, a Ford dealer from Canada and 1 lucky BRaptor owner. I was the only person still waiting for a Bronco. It was 27° F in the lot waiting for the gate to open and we had mid 40s for the high temp. There was a little snow in the higher elevations on the trails and a lot of snow in the higher peaks around the area. We had catered meals for lunch and dinner that were quite good. No breakfast snacks for our group. This site has some pretty challenging spots for novice off- roaders. I thought my wife would be bored by the end of the day, but she did some driving and really enjoyed the day. The crew was pretty good about circling back by the rest rooms for frequent pit stops. We had a great time.
20221114_140837.jpg
20221114_134237.jpg
20221114_103123.jpg

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to Austin last February. The only issue I had was that GPS didn't take me to the main entrance but instead to a secondary entrance for a house on the same property. After talking to someone who works there and driving down one of the paths a ways I was able to find the facility. Otherwise, my son and I really enjoyed Austin Off-Roadeo
Ford Bronco Things I wish I knew before going to a Bronco Off-Roadeo - add yours 20221114_103123
You don't happen to still have the address for the correct location? Or GPS coords :p ?

Sponsored

prmaise

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will be doing Las Vegas in about a week on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Staying at my brothers house on the west side of Vegas, and borrowing a car to get out there.
Good info on this thread and looking forward to this!

Hannaboy78

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't happen to still have the address for the correct location? Or GPS coords :p ?
Try this. I dropped a pin on the actual entrance and copied the coordinates from Google maps. Hopefully it works for you.
30.533065,-98.437554

OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK, was just going through the process of signing up for the event in Vegas and it asks about a $75 damage waiver. How many of you took it?
I did not. For the reason that it has a $3500 deductible and my logic was it was doubtful I would do over that amount of damage. (and indeed, at the end of the day nobody did ANY damage to their Bronco)

That said - seeing the post above of the guy who laid it on it's side - just...wow! I guess anything's possible. So it's really up to your confidence in being able to follow direction from your spotter.

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Try this. I dropped a pin on the actual entrance and copied the coordinates from Google maps. Hopefully it works for you.
30.533065,-98.437554
Many thanks - going in January.