Sponsored

In the future...some non car-person will call/think your Bronco is a Jeep...how will you respond?

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is only one response that is fitting for someone that mistakes a Bronco for a Jeep:
Ford Bronco In the future...some non car-person will call/think your Bronco is a Jeep...how will you respond? tenor (3)
Sponsored

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The more I read some of the responses in this thread, I think the question should be rephrased as “Drivers of certain cars have reputations for being total a-holes; how can we be one of them?”

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re losing perspective. You’re used to there only being tons of jeeps around, hence the Jeep first perspective. So in the future they might just get them confused, or even think Jeeps are Broncos :)

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Alot of folks confuse my Indian motorcycle with a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I just give a smile and keep on going, sometimes it's just not worth the effort to explain.
Ford Bronco In the future...some non car-person will call/think your Bronco is a Jeep...how will you respond? 20181209_165625

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
#itsabroncothing

I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you!

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or maybe they will refer to the Jeep as a bronco... because the bronco will have dominated the Jeep and people will have forgot about it
?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be prepared to hear this OFTEN. Even my wife calls Fj40s jeeps. She will probably call the Bronco a Jeep too. She doesn’t give a F and calls it what she wants lol. Jeep has become synonymous with the topless 4x4 and there are a billion of them On the road or off-road everywhere you look. Had other brands kept making their topless 4x4s maybe people would realize there are others. Between Broncos and Wranglers, there will now be a topless 4x4s in every mirror on your crawl to the mall.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll respond the same way I do when somebody says that about my 1974.
I reply "what jeep?"

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would politely say au contraire no the jeep is at home.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man. I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten compliments on my "Honda" and to a lesser extent my "CBR". Lmao. Honda wishes.

Screenshot_20200906-231243_Gallery.jpg
It's even worse in the cruiser world. I could be riding a Japanese cruiser (Honda Shadow, Kawasaki Vulcan, etc.) and it's "Hey, nice Harley!" all day long. They can't tell an American bike like a Victory or an Indian either, no matter how big the logo or how easily they spell it out... If it looks like a cruiser it's a Harley, every single time.

I guess it would be the same in the ADV world, where every adventure bike looks like a BMW thanks to "Long Way Round"?

But, if I had to guess, I was thinking you would get "Nice Ninja" in the sports bike world rather than Honda or CBR.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's even worse in the cruiser world. I could be riding a Japanese cruiser (Honda Shadow, Kawasaki Vulcan, etc.) and it's "Hey, nice Harley!" all day long. They can't tell an American bike like a Victory or an Indian either, no matter how big the logo or how easily they spell it out... If it looks like a cruiser it's a Harley, every single time.

I guess it would be the same in the ADV world, where every adventure bike looks like a BMW thanks to "Long Way Round"?

But, if I had to guess, I was thinking you would get "Nice Ninja" in the sports bike world rather than Honda or CBR.
Yea it's the same in every circle. I get Honda because it's red and "Hondas are red" haha

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I always reply one of two ways;

“Barbie drives a Jeep, this is a Bronco”

Or

“Jeeps are for girls!”
I’m confused ?‍♂

I thought Barbie got all hot for GI Joe listening to Van Halen in a Nissan 300zx?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which is constant by the way. And weird since they look nothing alike. I always say its not a charger, you can't buy a Tremec 6 in the charger. They look even more bewildered.

Ford Bronco In the future...some non car-person will call/think your Bronco is a Jeep...how will you respond? 20181209_165625
Nice ride, but I can't get past the attention to detail of leaving a drink lid and straw on the garage floor. Just a silent trigger of my GI Clean days.
Sponsored