Sponsored

Anyone else considering trading for the next-gen 4Runner?

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope with a side of nope. That new tundra is about the ugliest truck I have ever seen. Quality is not what it used to be for yotas. Love my broncos they are not for everyone but there is nothing else like them. And yes I have owned a jeep.
I'll double your nope with a side nope and raise you 10 more nopes.
Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NO.

I have a Bronco.

Badass.jpg

Last edited:

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got a Bronco because I was in the market for a new vehicle and wanted something fun. However, it's a lot of money to spend on "fun", and this is my only vehicle. I'm considering something more well-rounded and practical, and the 4Runner was an alternative I considered before pulling the trigger on the Bronco.

The daily irritations of this vehicle are hard for me to ignore and take away from the excitement I once had with it. The hard top sucks. Yeah, it's great that you can take it off, but there are multiple air leaks that make it awfully noisy at highway speed. I have tried all the tricks mentioned on this forum and while there has been an improvement, it's still a very noticeable distraction. There are a couple gaps on the roof panel weather seals above the doors that the Ford dealership insists is "by design" but that's bullshit. It also pops sometimes going over bumps, and I have no convenient place to put it if I want to take it off. I'm concerned about its longevity as well given the snakeskin problem, the fact that one of my rear windows was recently leaking, and that the edges aren't sealed and expose the fiberglass layers.

The window indexing is so annoying. It has a noticeable lag no matter what. The up, down, up down reset instructions do not make a difference. I have to open the door a particular way for it to not catch on the weather seal. If it's freezing outside, I have to run a credit card along the bottom of the glass so the window can index. Otherwise I can't close the door. Also, if I have the door open when starting the engine, the window often un-indexes on its own and I have to wait for it to make up its mind before I can close the door.

Those are my two biggest problems with the Bronco.

I still like it overall but these two problems are a constant reminder that it doesn't have to be this way. It also makes me re-assess what I'm actually going to do with it. I think of really cool off-road places to go but I don't think I'll ever do it, and they don't need 35" tires to get there. I'm not going to push this vehicle to its limit ever. So what am I paying for? The cool factor and that's about it. When looking at accessories I don't really commit to anything built specifically for the Bronco because I want that money spent to be useful on any vehicle in the future. I don't want that value lost when I sell it because generally speaking, accessories do not add resell value to a vehicle.

I'm sure some of you roll your eyes at this. I know that suggesting a non-Bronco in a Bronco forum invites jokes and derision. But I'm spending a lot of money on a vehicle and I don't want to feel like I'm wasting it.
No ill will here or joking but sounds like you would be better suited for the Bronco sport..so far they've been pretty reliable..fixed roof,doors, non indexing windows...and are somewhat capable for gravel roads and a few mud puddles. However don't expect a nod , wave or someone saying "hey thats badass".. You will lose your cool factor but you can still have the cool headlights and bronco name on the car

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
100% No.....not interested in boring vehicles. Life is too short to not enjoy your ride!

Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope. You get 4WD with locking diffs, sasquatch , open roof, and good looks with the bronco. Besides, my last toyota had so many door actuator issues that it left a terrible taste in my mouth.

Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a Bronco because I was in the market for a new vehicle and wanted something fun. However, it's a lot of money to spend on "fun", and this is my only vehicle. I'm considering something more well-rounded and practical, and the 4Runner was an alternative I considered before pulling the trigger on the Bronco.

The daily irritations of this vehicle are hard for me to ignore and take away from the excitement I once had with it. The hard top sucks. Yeah, it's great that you can take it off, but there are multiple air leaks that make it awfully noisy at highway speed. I have tried all the tricks mentioned on this forum and while there has been an improvement, it's still a very noticeable distraction. There are a couple gaps on the roof panel weather seals above the doors that the Ford dealership insists is "by design" but that's bullshit. It also pops sometimes going over bumps, and I have no convenient place to put it if I want to take it off. I'm concerned about its longevity as well given the snakeskin problem, the fact that one of my rear windows was recently leaking, and that the edges aren't sealed and expose the fiberglass layers.

The window indexing is so annoying. It has a noticeable lag no matter what. The up, down, up down reset instructions do not make a difference. I have to open the door a particular way for it to not catch on the weather seal. If it's freezing outside, I have to run a credit card along the bottom of the glass so the window can index. Otherwise I can't close the door. Also, if I have the door open when starting the engine, the window often un-indexes on its own and I have to wait for it to make up its mind before I can close the door.

Those are my two biggest problems with the Bronco.

I still like it overall but these two problems are a constant reminder that it doesn't have to be this way. It also makes me re-assess what I'm actually going to do with it. I think of really cool off-road places to go but I don't think I'll ever do it, and they don't need 35" tires to get there. I'm not going to push this vehicle to its limit ever. So what am I paying for? The cool factor and that's about it. When looking at accessories I don't really commit to anything built specifically for the Bronco because I want that money spent to be useful on any vehicle in the future. I don't want that value lost when I sell it because generally speaking, accessories do not add resell value to a vehicle.

I'm sure some of you roll your eyes at this. I know that suggesting a non-Bronco in a Bronco forum invites jokes and derision. But I'm spending a lot of money on a vehicle and I don't want to feel like I'm wasting it.
I feel like this would make a lot more sense if the debate was between getting a bronco or keeping a reliable daily driver you already owned. Buying a new 4Runner isn’t gonna be cheap by any means though, and paying sales tax twice within that short of time isn’t a good use of money either (plus a higher rate potentially).What accessories do you need but aren’t willing to buy? If you’re using it like you would a 4Runner, isn’t it probably good to go without needing to do much accessory buying? I’d definitely think on it a lot, because if you already bought one expensive vehicle you don’t want, need or like, maybe buying an expensive ass brand new 4 runner isn’t the correct move either.

I say if you want the 4Runner go for it, but I don’t see the large financial difference unless you literally keep the 4Runner to 250k miles or more. That is where the true value comes, but if you’re selling the bronco this quick, who’s to say you don’t do the same with the 4Runner

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my Bronco now for 8 months. After assessing what I want out of a vehicle and what I actually use it for, the 4Runner looks like an appealing alternative should I decide to sell the Bronco in the future. Is anyone else considering trading their Bronco for the next-gen 4Runner, whenever it comes out?
So you decided a mall crawler is the best for you??

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seriously considered buying one before the Bronco. I didn't like the lack of power and what seemed like hard shifting when accelerating. Also, I didn't like the interior design. Finally, the salesmen were totally smarmy and attempted to keep me in the office by asking me to read some stupid pamphlet while they went to talk to the manager. I guess they thought if they got me to stay in the cubicle area I would cave in and buy a vehicle because I would be too uncomfortable to leave? They kept sending guys in to give me some lame excuse about where the salesman was and asking me to stay for a few minutes. Weird experience. I liken it to asking to use the bathroom at a scientology building. You can walk in, but you can never leave.

So, no. My answer is no.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
new 4Runner isn’t gonna be cheap by any means though,
Yeah, I expect the 4Runner to price in higher than the Taco, and the closest Taco I could find to my Bronco was about 8 grand more.

Plus the last time I bought an automatic vehicle for myself was in the 80's.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure Toyota has a couple more years of different weird color options on the same ol' thing before they actually put out a redesign. They need to reverse engineer as much off the
Bronco as they can before they actually release any thing, much like the Tundra is a Toyota F150, and the new Tacoma seems to be an upsized Maverick.
Sponsored