Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Raptor, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So this one is a real easy way to gain some extra space in back up and off the floor. @Mountains2Metal makes some very high quality stuff. Their fit and finish is top notch and I've been very satisfied with their parts and even more so with their customer service. Nick is hyper-responsive, and after this last purchase, they followed up to check on the part, delivery, etc. As you know, I'd tell you otherwise :)

So their Rear Cargo Tray for the 4D is here M2M Rear Cargo Tray. The install could not be easier on either the HT or ST. This is more of a show-n-tell than an install thread. But, I wanted you all to see what it looks like and how easy it goes in.

Remove the two plastic panels on either side, install their primary mounting bracket (this also gives you the option to mount their rear MOLLE panels now, or later).

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3775

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3776

Their brackets (2):
Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3777

Mounting will depend on whether you have an HT or ST. Reuse bolts from ST, use the supplied bolts for the HT.

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3778

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3778

Here's really the only tip I can offer. Before snugging up these two bolts, put the tray on the mounting plates, snug it up (hand tight) and use a level to check front-to-back and side-to-side.

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3784

You may find you need to shift the mounting brackets in place to achieve perfect level.

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3783

There is no adjustment available or necessary to the cargo tray itself. It is held in position with some ty-wraps, don't cut those until everything is tight.

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3782

Just like that, she's done and the Horse has a new saddle holster! Snip the ty-wraps to operate.

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3789

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3785

Yes, a couple rifles would fit very nicely on the underside. And if you have big dogs, you sort of get a dog barrier... After a few miles, she's quiet. As we add bins, boxes, and trays, there will always be a tap or click, but this one doesn't add anything new or bothersome to the mix!

Excellent quality craftsmanship, great service and a fair price from @Mountains2Metal. Good stuff. Hope this helps someone.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

are you saying it secures with zip ties? I'm confused as to your use of "ty-wrap", can you post somce pics of what you're referring to?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this one is a real easy way to gain some extra space in back up and off the floor. @Mountains2Metal makes some very high quality stuff. Their fit and finish is top notch and I've been very satisfied with their parts and even more so with their customer service. Nick is hyper-responsive, and after this last purchase, they followed up to check on the part, delivery, etc. As you know, I'd tell you otherwise :)

So their Rear Cargo Tray for the 4D is here M2M Rear Cargo Tray. The install could not be easier on either the HT or ST. This is more of a show-n-tell than an install thread. But, I wanted you all to see what it looks like and how easy it goes in.

Remove the two plastic panels on either side, install their primary mounting bracket (this also gives you the option to mount their rear MOLLE panels now, or later).

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos IMG_3785

Their brackets (2):

Mounting will depend on whether you have an HT or ST. Reuse bolts from ST, use the supplied bolts for the HT.

Here's really the only tip I can offer. Before snugging up these two bolts, put the tray on the mounting plates, snug it up (hand tight) and use a level to check front-to-back and side-to-side.

You may find you need to shift the mounting brackets in place to achieve perfect level.

There is no adjustment available or necessary to the cargo tray itself. It is held in position with some ty-wraps, don't cut those until everything is tight.

Just like that, she's done and the Horse has a new saddle holster! Snip the ty-wraps to operate.

Yes, a couple rifles would fit very nicely on the underside. And if you have big dogs, you sort of get a dog barrier... After a few miles, she's quiet. As we add bins, boxes, and trays, there will always be a tap or click, but this one doesn't add anything new or bothersome to the mix!

Excellent quality craftsmanship, great service and a fair price from @Mountains2Metal. Good stuff. Hope this helps someone.
Any chance to get a wider or deeper version that provides security with top down. So it goes from the back of the seat to the tailgate?

Reactions: Cat

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any chance to get a wider or deeper version that provides security with top down. So it goes from the back of the seat to the tailgate?
If you follow the link to the product there are additional pics... It does not go all the way back.
Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos 1673634626739

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you follow the link to the product there are additional pics... It does not go all the way back.
Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos 1673634626739
Sure wish it did. I would get rid of my cargo enclosure for sure. Maybe it goes all the way back and has a middle hing so it folds up easily with two pieces.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow those look great! I ended up going for Raingler nets for easy removal as i was more worried about the barrier being there vs being able to mount something to it. However I think a combination of the two would be amazing.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the shelf is flipped up, I see a pair of gas struts assisting with that. Is that the only thing keeping it up or does it also have a physical stop that clicks it into that position.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to have to take the top off to use those mounting points or buy molle panels for the sides just to get the tray in the middle. Gonna add this to the list now.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
......Yes, a couple rifles would fit very nicely on the underside.....
Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe the perfect place.....

Also looks like it should work as a pet separator as well.

OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When the shelf is flipped up, I see a pair of gas struts assisting with that. Is that the only thing keeping it up or does it also have a physical stop that clicks it into that position.
Great question. The struts keep it in the up position. They are very strong. Takes both hands to pull it down. When down, there is also a latch on either side.

Sponsored
OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow those look great! I ended up going for Raingler nets for easy removal as i was more worried about the barrier being there vs being able to mount something to it. However I think a combination of the two would be amazing.
I think that would be an awesome combination! Having a rigid panel like this gives you so many options. And they way the 'cut' theirs gives you endless slots, latch points, etc. Far and away greater than a molle panel.

OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

are you saying it secures with zip ties? I'm confused as to your use of "ty-wrap", can you post somce pics of what you're referring to?
Out of the box, the shelf is held in place by ty-wraps/zip ties. Just a shipping thing so it doesn't pop up while you're installing it. Once everything is installed and tight, cut them so it functions normally.

OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's up to the vendors. My guess, too heavy for that. You'd need a different mounting system to accommodate the added weight and provide the necessary support.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of the box, the shelf is held in place by ty-wraps/zip ties. Just a shipping thing so it doesn't pop up while you're installing it. Once everything is installed and tight, cut them so it functions normally.
gotcha, was confused

on their site it looks like you have to pay extra for the mounting bracket and you need their MOLLE panels too? Man the cost is adding up quick.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

gotcha, was confused

on their site it looks like you have to pay extra for the mounting bracket and you need their MOLLE panels too? Man the cost is adding up quick.
It looks like a great product. I have the pocket doors and they are quality. Just need something for security and easy flip up or raise higher when needed for dogs.
Sponsored