First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still waiting to even get my order placed with a dealer from last summer. This officially confirms I will put my Badlands, lux, manual, SAS, hardtop dreams on hold for another time in the future. It’s insanely silly Ford still has supply chain problems this bad on a vehicle that could net them SO much if they got their act together.
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just love how some with more of actual intel just say “wait till next week for more info”. I’d rather get all the bad news at once, definitely wouldn’t want a slow and painful death.
This is just par for the course. No info when FORD knows EXACTLY what is going on.

I am putting it out there and calling BS on FORD. When they purge our early, unfulfilled orders they will reopen the order banks, price will be raised, and you will be able to order AND GET your truck. It will be a mid-MY price increase and production will flow. Mark my words. IF you choose to do nothing and leave your order as is, FORD will simply not build it and you will lose. We know this because it's what they've done from the start.

Truck builds that you want will be available at the dealerships. No question. Your order will simply not be built. It is what has happened since launch and that behavior will continue. As pointed out here in this thread, this is about money and profit. This is calculated behavior from FORD. Commodity constraints are just a cover.

Also watch, when we get public, official word of this, the wording will be "due to unprecedented demand..." Except they act like we are not watching. Our nicely appointed early reservation builds have all been built already 100s of times over and sold as dealer stock for $10's of thousands over MSRP since launch. That model is working for them very well. They just need to get rid of the rest of us.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering if it'd be possible to combine the $2500 cert with the price protection private offer on an off-the-lot purchase from another dealer. So you update order to get the cert and then go find what you want off the lot. I'd have $4900 in discounts if that works and I could find a WT MIC/LUX at decent price.
Had the same idea. My nearly exact build is on a lot 50 miles from my house. Yet they couldn't build mine after 917 days. It's all BS. Do not believe FORD. This is war. They want us gone. We served our purpose to hype their truck.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, that's actually fairly easy.

Option 1.
Order a non-sasquatch Badlands High Package with Leather and Tow.

Upgrade the stereo, order a set of 35" wheels and tires you like, order the heavy duty steering rack, and buy a set of shocks and springs you find acceptable. Install and drive.

Option 2.

Order a non-sasquatch Outer Banks High Package with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and rear locker.

Upgrade the stereo, order a set of 35" wheels and tires you like, order the heavy duty steering rack, and buy a set of shocks and springs you find acceptable. Install and drive. If you want the front locker, get the Ford Performance FDU and a set of 4.7 gears for the rear axle.

Option 3.

Order a Jeep Wrangler 392 Recon package
People should either do Option 1 or start hunting for exactly what they want on lots. The reality is that there are some loaded configs sitting on lots from people's cancelled order. Tons of Broncos for sale out there with the green window sticker.

There's no more 392 recons unless you buy off the lot. It's either constrained or done for MY23.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Feels like we be in a airport.....

I feel like you don't have a grasp of the state of the world today. Living in times of plenty are over, and it is not just for one reason but several epic reasons, each one by itself would be a S-storm. My advice to everyone is to look around and pay attention to current events.

yet, you can order essentially any other vehicle and there not be an issue...playing the blame game might have worked a year ago but it's now 2023, come on. Jeep was sweating when this thing got revealed and now they're laughing and thanking Ford for the sales.

I hate it for you guys that's been strung along. By midyear I bet those Badlands everybody will have to swap to will be a constraint.

Last edited:

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am wondering if there’s enough for a class action lawsuit against Ford for claiming to be able to produce something it can’t, bait and switch, and fraudulently providing a form of price protection if you switch to what they can produce (and backing out if you insist on waiting for what you ordered)
I would definitely join in on a class action lawsuit.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven’t tried it in a bronco
But did in a Volkswagen, Chrysler and Honda

I don’t care for it
I've had ACC in my last 6 Fords. It works great!

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

By midyear I bet those Badlands everybody will have to swap to will be a constraint.
That seems obvious to me. Ford can't build the current Badlands demand. Having thousands outstanding orders transition to the Badlands isn't going to allow Ford to build more. There is no way Ford will have a parade of Badlands on the line at MAP.

The transition offer will be the enticement. Then later this summer (after mid-year price increases on other Ford vehicles takes effect), Ford will inform those waiting for the Badlands that their order is being cancelled and the transition offer can be applied to a new Ford.

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another twist in the "Ford Fuc%up".

All I can say is I'm hopeful they retro this to last month and allow me the $2500 rebate on a Bronco I took from dealer stock on 12/11/22. I got tired of this game and jump on a 2 door, 2.7L, OBX with leather, mic, tow. 5k over MSRP. I have a 4 door OBX...same specs...on order now for over a year. LOVE the new Bronco...and I'll be even more glad I did this if this news becomes "truth" because they obviously can't fulfill the orders they have - which means a long, long wait for those still in line.
I bought one out of dealer stock as well. One month ago to the day actually. 7/14/20 reservation. I ordered an eruption green 2 door Badlands, manual transmission, no Sasquatch, no interior package. I ended up with the exact same but it has Sasquatch and 12 inch screen. Absolutely love it. And now my order also got scheduled for production. Lol. If this offer came about a month ago, I could have gotten the $2500. I'd say there's zero chance they retro it. I paid $2000 over, I just got a $171 refund from the dealer as well.

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends how one defines the $15.9 billion federal loan Ford accepted in Q1 2009.
That was a loan, just like any of us would take a loan. They had the collateral. GM and Chrysler didn't have collateral and went bankrupt! My cousin lost all the money he had in GM stock.
Sponsored