First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think there's a middle ground between these points and a lot of people throwing out assumptions of the others' point of view. I genuinely think its presumptuous to assume if someone says "I don't like all that cheap plastic" that they are looking for a luxuriously cushy vehicle.

The JL Wrangler interiors are spartan, but robust and made of solid materials from the last time I rode in one. Hard plastic surfaces and functional touches adorn most offroad vehicles, and I don't think its a stretch to say some of that seems to be missing from these early units. Anyone calling that out is not automatically calling for luxury.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
fair point BUT no one here has driven the bronco yet.

:)

I appreciate the optimism but the f-150 is an entirely different platform.

larger in every way and contains sound deadening materials known as an actual roof and doors lmao

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*"Doug" Intensifies*

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. The bronco is too small

Research off roading before you decide you want an off road vehicle.

2. The interior of the bronco seems compromised and cheap

3. The 2 door has almost no room for rear passengers!

Yeah - it has 2 doors. Ford was not going to magically change the space time continuum and bring you space that does not exist.
2 doors are for people with no kids, or for folks who have enough money to afford a 2 door as a toy.

4. There is little cargo room

5. Bonus : The gas mileage will be awful

Absolutely won't do better than 25mpg on the highway - you are buying a off road vehicle

Go. Test Drive. A Wrangler.
I will apologize in advance @SamG as I feel compelled to rant back at ya.

1. Sure the Bronco is smaller than the FSB's, but probably on par with the EB's. That's not where my rant comes from. It's more the wording used.. if I want to research off roading, I'm looking at quads and side by sides. I don't feel spending $30k + means the vehicle I'm buying is only for off roading.

2. Interior: Eh... Not like I'm buying an Audi or Benz (which I wouldn't anyways, I don't care for luxury cars, just not my thing).

3. Interior space..... 2 doors are for people with no kids? Are you driving a Corvette that doesn't have a rear seat? Last I checked, Bronco's do have rear seats, just like my Mustang has a rear seat. I don't think the number of doors tells me whether or not I can own it based on whether or not I have kids.

4. Well yeah cargo room is kinda small. Especially since I come from owning 3 FSB's. But is what it is. It's what has me seriously considering the 4 door.

5. Awful gas mileage? Hell, see my other references to the FSB's, that maybe got 12 MPG on a good day, if I had a stiff tail wind.

And lastly, who in their right mind wants to test drive a Wrangler? The thing rides like a tank, roof panels like to leak, and steering will drift.... Sorry, I own one, well it's my wife's, and I just don't care for it. I expect the Bronco to ride much nicer.

So there is my rebuttal (ALL IN GOOD FUN OF COURSE) (y) ?

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's the LUX in Lux Package stand for?
Probably the same thing the LUX package on the Yugo stood for.

It’s like buying a Mercedes CLA and pretending you have a luxury car. Actually wait that’s a bad example, the Bronco is a way better vehicle.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay - I have seen all of these insane comments far to often and really just want people to know what they are getting into or getting their hopes up for, or lack thereof actually.

1. The bronco is too small

Research off roading before you decide you want an off road vehicle. Small is good and yes its small. Its a body on frame SUV which means less cargo room and less passenger room then your new SUV's that appear to be close in exterior size.

2. The interior of the bronco seems compromised and cheap

Well folks that's because it is. If you have never rode or drove a Jeep Wrangler and for some reason are under the impression that you believe you want a Bronco... you are in for a wake up call.

I beg you - go test drive a wrangler. The general feel, dimensions, and interior quality will be very similar. Cheap plastics? yes. Little body room? yes. Poor audio because the doors come off? Yes.

It gets better though folks! This thing will be much louder than you are used to when you drive it. Especially on the highway. The roof comes off after all.

go test drive a wrangler.

3. The 2 door has almost no room for rear passengers!

Yeah - it has 2 doors. Ford was not going to magically change the space time continuum and bring you space that does not exist.
2 doors are for people with no kids, or for folks who have enough money to afford a 2 door as a toy.

go test drive a wrangler

4. There is little cargo room

This is sort of false - you rarely will carry enough crap for this to matter. Seats fold down on the 2 door and should provide enough space, plus a roof rack..etc. But yeah, again it will hold significantly less shit than your minivan

5. Bonus : The gas mileage will be awful

Absolutely won't do better than 25mpg on the highway - you are buying a off road vehicle

All of these things are what make the Bronco a Bronco. Its all the reasons I love the Wrangler too.
It won't be comfortable, it wont be practical, it wont be quiet and it most certainly wont be luxurious. and that is what makes it great.

Go. Test Drive. A Wrangler.

this was part catharsis but also I genuinely hope I prevent someone from waiting a year for a truck that they will end up hating.
I have fond childhood memories of climbing up the rear wheels to get into my dads 2 door wrangler when the top was down. It's a Fun vehicle not a practical one for most buyers. I'm just hoping they are trying to beat the wrangler in every aspect.
Sponsored