Sponsored

Anyone still on the fence without knowing final price and test driving?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco seems like an awesome vehicle, I think Ford nailed it and I think there are tons of trims and options, with that being said I still can’t seem to pull the reservation trigger. I’m really waiting for the build simulator goes live. I really need to have a real idea of what costs will be...
I have never bought a vehicle without driving, feeling It out 1st either..

anyone else having these same thoughts?
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I have never done it either. I generally do not buy vehicles in the first year of production. So I will be doing 2 firsts here. I don't know why I guess just because it looks so badass and just have to have one. :ROFLMAO:

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just think they should have offered the 2.7 engine with the manual. I have a reservation, but I kind of lost some enthusiasm to get it right away. I had no idea that the 2.7 was not available with the 7MT until coming to this site after the reveal.

I would never consider an automatic, so need to make sure the 2.3 can be altered to gain a little power. My other thought is getting as few of options as possible to keep the weight down. So disappointed, but still will probably move forward, but I want more details on the base.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm on the fence about the engine/transmission choice until I see the price differences. The weird thing about this is I am NEVER the "buy a first year vehicle without driving or even seeing it in person" guy. I'm also pretty damn frugal in general. And I don't even need a new vehicle at all right now. But I'm a 90s kid and the Bronco was on my short list of dream cars when I was 16, so when Ford brought it back and it appears to be a homerun, something in my brain said "forget every bit of conventional wisdom and buy this thing."

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it really depends on pricing of my desired configuration. My reservation is for a Badlands which is like 46k. That includes the 2.3, manual transmition, soft top, 8 inch screen. I'd want to upgrade all those features. It means I'll probably end up near 60k. That price gives me pause.

Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most definitely waiting for pricing to figure out which trim suits me best. I do want a Bronco for sure just not sure which trim and if I want to get a 4 door. I doubt I’ll do a lot of off-roading so still unsure about what I want lol. I want everything but then again idk! ?

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope.

But wont the vehicle be at the dealership before you pay for it? I've never ordered a vehicle, but I assume you don't pay until it's at the dealership ready to go. At which point you can drive it.

I'm not worried, though.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. Just can't pull the trigger on a reservation until the build tool is up and running (at least). Too many unanswered questions about what features are available in what circumstances. And since I'm interested in the tech in the High/Lux packages, knowing those costs could definitely swing things. Would also need to get some reports on the marine vinyl seats before finalizing an order.

Edit: Actually went ahead and reserved a Badlands after the FAQ change regarding people having to cancel their reservations to change dealers. Fortunate enough to have a dealer nearby with X-plan and no ADM, and I figured there might be a lot of cancellations. Really feel for everyone who might be impacted by the change, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to maybe get a little closer to the front of the line. Worst case scenario I can always cancel.

Last edited:

pmccrackin

Badlands
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope.

But wont the vehicle be at the dealership before you pay for it? I've never ordered a vehicle, but I assume you don't pay until it's at the dealership ready to go. At which point you can drive it.

I'm not worried, though.
You are correct, you can drive before you sign the paperwork. These dealers would be stoked to have one available on the lot with all the preorders so if you don't like it, just say no and don't sign the buyer's order. My guess, we are all going to fall in love seeing our personally built Broncos just like after the reveal and there will be very few that back out after theirs shows up at the lot

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a first for me as well. In regards to it being a first year model...We know the engine options are proven to be reliable and a lot of the underpinnings are as well. I am really hoping that Ford learns from their mistakes in regards to the current generation Explorer when it comes to quality control. They really botched it with the new Explorer/Aviator and they can’t afford the same thing to happen to the Bronco. This launch could very well be a turning point for Ford.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

definitely gonna wait.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No

I test drove JK/L's and kinda expect it to ride better and actually move, also hopefully without needing a heavier flywheel

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not on the fence about a reservation because for $100 refundable I made two at different dealers. But I am beginning to hesitate about ordering because with the Badlands and estimated option cost (my swag) I am pushing $60k. Plus without driving it will be tough to order. I am starting to lean toward canceling reservations and waiting a few years. Once build configurator is up next month I will price it out. I think the Bronco will be great but my initial excitement is wearing off some with price reality setting in and spending priorities. Of course I change my mind about every 5 minutes so...

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Decided on a standard Wildtrak. I guess i already know the price + taxes.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to try to wait until they have been out on the roads for a year. But I bet I don't make it that long. I am at least going to wait until I can see and touch one in person. I/we have already waited this long. What's another 1-1.5 years?
I would really like to know what the colors look like in person. A computer screen can sometimes be deceiving. I am unsure what the cactus gray and area 51 really look like.
Sponsored