NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very well said on most points. All I can think about is the guy that wanted a side by side comparison of a new bronco and a F250. ?
I think it could be a valid choice. Both are capable of off-roading, clearly the Bronco is more focused but with the right tires an F250 can do 80%+ of what a Bronco can do. Only the F250 actually offers a badarse 7.3L engine which is reason enough to make it into a daily driver.
Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mercedes will happily take your $140K+, and sell you a luxurious off-road vehicle. But, the first thing you have to do is change the low profile, all season tires!

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it could be a valid choice. Both are capable of off-roading, clearly the Bronco is more focused but with the right tires an F250 can do 80%+ of what a Bronco can do. Only the F250 actually offers a badarse 7.3L engine which is reason enough to make it into a daily driver.
Ford Bronco A rant that hopefully helps on-the-fence bronco buyers 1599685286389

Lol. Ok guy. Here’s a spoiler alert. It’s smaller.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
1599685286389.gif

Lol. Ok guy. Here’s a spoiler alert. It’s smaller.
What does smaller have to do with any of this?
I can’t count the number of times I have heard some say they bought a (midsize) Traverse because they couldn’t afford a (full-size) Tahoe.
I doubt anyone considering the two choices puts two seconds of thought into size.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I couldn't disagree much more with the thread starter.

I owned an 1982 Ford Bronco as my first vehicle back in the day. It had two doors and still plenty of cargo space. It certainly wasn't in the compact SUV category like the new Bronco, so why couldn't there at least be a big Bronco similar to that, especially if they gave us the bronco sport already watering down the brand?

I've owned a two door Jeep Wrangler in the past and drive a Power Wagon currently. I understand what a good off-road vehicle does. Here is where folks will probably get pissy, but the IFS of the bronco already limits its abilities in some offload scenarios (primarily rocks). If off-road was the sole driving focus, then it should have a SFA and a manual transmission in the bigger engine.

The Raptor, Power Wagon and LandCruiser are all extremely capable off-roaders that have plenty of cargo room, yes they can't go on some extremely narrow Jeep trails but are plenty capable 95% of the time, very similar to the IFS vs SFA argument if we are being honest.

Heck even the four runner appears to have more space, and to be honest, the 4 runner is probably the closest off-road competitor of the Bronco with its IFS and not the Jeep Wrangler.

I think the engineers got so focused on beating the jeep wranger on paper (approach, departure and breaker), that if forgot about what made the classic broncos so desirable to alot of people and that was overall functionality for outdoorsmen including cargo space.

Agree with you on the MPG and interior, but that, along with tech and looks sells vehicles these days.

Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t count the number of times I have heard some say they bought a (midsize) Traverse because they couldn’t afford a (full-size) Tahoe.
I doubt anyone considering the two choices puts two seconds of thought into size.
because he wanted a new bronco next to a F250 to compare the sizes?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tahoe and Traverse are pretty close in size. It's just one's a truck and one's a car.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why is everyone making such a case for the LandRover Defender?! it has luxury/comfort, good cargo space for the size, capable on and offroad and similar MPG

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is everyone making such a case for the LandRover Defender?! it has luxury/comfort, good cargo space for the size, capable on and offroad and similar MPG
The problem with the Defender is that people have eyes

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same reason they turn into jeep salesmen every time i say I wanted SFA?

Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think many are scared away from LandRover by the potential unreliability and cost. I agree with you though. If you are truly comparing Bronco capabilities to other makers your closest competitors are probably LandRover Defender and 4 Runner, especially when talking 4 door. Yet all everyone wants to scream about is Jeep, Jeep, Jeep. It's pretty humorous actually.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

25mpg on the highway. You are a dreamer.

I'd have said won't do better than 21mpg highway.

The V6 in the F150 gets 25 on the highway (advertised), I see no reason why the Bronco won't be near that.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the answer to every bronco complaint is go test drive a wrangler then what’s the point of the bronco just buy a wrangler. While I do get the idea of it’s a similar type of vehicle, this bronco was also solely developed to be better than the wrangler, so if it’s just the same as a wrangler would really be a fail for the bronco, it should actually be better.

Just to throw it out there, I have test driven a wrangler pretty much every time I’ve shopped for a new vehicle, and even test drove a few when I wasn’t getting another vehicle anytime soon. But I’ve gone in each time knowing I wouldn’t be buying one. Point being even if you want one doesn’t mean it fits your criteria for whatever reason, hence why people complain.

Also none of the specific complaints here actually affect me, but I do have my own reasons for not having owned a wrangler and unfortunately probably not getting a bronco unless a specific thing about it changes even though I would love to. But I’ll leave those out of this specific thread and just say I can understand why people complain when you want something but it doesn’t quite work for you.
Sponsored