Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked, nothing new.
Unfortunately it seems as if this has been put on a back burner thatā€™s on a stove in a cabin way back in the woods that Ford rarely visitsā€¦. Letā€™s hope itā€™s not on a gas stove that gets outlawed. :sick:

Looks like many of us will be pulling fuses for the foreseeable future.

OP
OP

AZBronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasq , 22 McLaren GT, 20 Audi A8hybr,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It may be time to start calling, referencing the Two TSB's and also updating the NTHSA with the TSB's. We have been more that patient on this and were told it would be fixed by now. FRUSTRATING.

RAMTOWIT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500 dually
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The easy answer is any system that can apply enough force on the brake petal to stop the vehicle without any kind of brake boost.
Most removal systems that set in the floor will work.
The NSA Ready Brute will work.
I think the Air Force One will work and there is one that the cylinder in the floor is removal.
I sure other posters will chime in with what they are using that works.
It seems like the NSA Ready Brute Elite II with surge brake might be the best option. I am pretty sure that will be the flat tow system I end up purchasing. I had been holding off waiting on the Ford software update but......... time to move forward now.

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like the NSA Ready Brute Elite II with surge brake might be the best option. I am pretty sure that will be the flat tow system I end up purchasing. I had been holding off waiting on the Ford software update but......... time to move forward now.
I installed the Air Force 1 because my coach has air brakes and itā€™s working great with the Bronco fuses pulled. That said if I were to do it over, knowing what I know now, Iā€™d definitely go with the NSA system you referenced above. Itā€™d work with any coach and would work with or without the brake boost active on the Bronco so there wouldnā€™t be a need to pull fuses.

Plus with the NSA system I could tow the Bronco with my 3/4 ton diesel pickup when Iā€™m doing hunting and fishing expeditions and want to haul more gear than will fit in my 2-door Bronco and are headed to a spot far from paved roads where I need to tent camp rather than take the motorhome.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This system works very well. We use it and find it a good solution
It is time consuming to install the brake cable.....not hard just need to figure a route through the Bronco front end.

OverDavidLand

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man. Feel bad for you guys just waiting and waiting and waiting and not getting much except a work-around. I have the smaller engine which I didn't want, but that's what I could get, and I have never been happier I couldn't get what I wanted because like some of you --being able to flat-tow the Bronco natively was the primary purchasing decision for me.

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are obligated to come through on this. Iā€™m not letting this go out of principle. But it would be helpful for others to send complaints not just a chosen few

Sponsored

BeardedRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond; Ram Rebel 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are obligated to come through on this. Iā€™m not letting this go out of principle. But it would be helpful for others to send complaints not just a chosen few
What is the best way to file a complaint?

RAMTOWIT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500 dually
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interior Guy @Interiorguy is spot on. We all need to jump on this effort to help it gain attention and priority. Thanks to everyone who is paving this path forward.

Bryan in Virginia

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just checked the newest version of the ownerā€˜s manual and Ford never added anything regarding pulling fuses to the flat towing procedure, at least not that I can find. Iā€˜d guess the majority of owners who flat tow donā€™t read this, or other, forums and have no idea thereā€™s an issue with the 2.7. Iā€™ve met two Bronco owners in RV parks and neither knew there was an issue. I surely wouldnā€™t except a dealer to share the information on the TSB with every owner and most owners donā€™t have @grtharris sharing the latest information. If Ford added the fuse pulling to the manual I doubt weā€™d have a leg to stand on since this could complete their obligation as far as NHTSB.

I filed a complaint months ago but for those filing complaints the fact Ford hasnā€™t communicated the issue directly to all owners should be noted.

Lastly I scanned to lawsuit in the link above and according to that there have only been 9 complaints filed. Nine isnā€˜t going to move the needle.

Last edited:

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tilzbow , right on , I was talking to a guy at the filling station the other day and he had no idea there was a problem.
One of the nice's paint jobs I have seen. It was the Eruption Green Metallic with stripping to give it the old Eddie Bauer look with bullet hole aluminum wheels.
Think is was a OBX sasquatch.
O, anyway he tows without a brake system, large diesel with tandem rear axles.
Sponsored