First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. TSB issued in Sept 22. I think it was supposed to be out in Nov 22, but so far no word on when it will be released or how it will be fixed (turn EBB always off, always on when in tow mode). All you can do right now is follow their work around with the fuse pulls.
Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope, just checked OASIS nothing new about towing.
And your guess is good as any as to when it will happen.

Wkm01

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. TSB issued in Sept 22. I think it was supposed to be out in Nov 22, but so far no word on when it will be released or how it will be fixed (turn EBB always off, always on when in tow mode). All you can do right now is follow their work around with the fuse pulls.
Thanks. That is what I suspected. Local Ford dealers seem to know little about it. Will keep pulling fuses.

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry I’ve been gone a little while. Might be time to start stirring the pot a little cause seems like ford is complacent about getting this addressed. Just hope highway safety is aware that ford is aware and hasn’t taken care of this so hopefully no one gets hurt with an out of control vehicle or motor home because of their lack of action on this. That is a lot of weight and mass coming down the road if there is a problem. Especially those owners that have no idea there motor home is taking on more braking than was intended. 🤷‍♂️

GBGT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prevost H3-45
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was about to pull the trigger on an NSA Ready Brute for my 23 Wildtrak but I figured I would reach out to Ford to see if there was any updates. They said the TSB does not apply to 2023's. Are we to assume that the problem has been resolved on 23's?

Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was about to pull the trigger on an NSA Ready Brute for my 23 Wildtrak but I figured I would reach out to Ford to see if there was any updates. They said the TSB does not apply to 2023's. Are we to assume that the problem has been resolved on 23's?
This is from the 2023 online HTML manual. BUT the HTML manuals for 2021 and 2022 say the same thing. I will stop by my dealer Monday and see if they have a 2023 for a quick test.

Ford Bronco Flat Tow 2.7l Electric Brake/BMS time out. NTHSA claim EBB Disabled in tow mode

wvabeer

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350, 2010 F150, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is from the 2023 online HTML manual. BUT the HTML manuals for 2021 and 2022 say the same thing. I will stop by my dealer Monday and see if they have a 2023 for a quick test.

EBB Disabled in tow mode.jpg

Ford Bronco Flat Tow 2.7l Electric Brake/BMS time out. NTHSA claim EBB Disabled in tow mode
Just put it in neutral tow mode and see if the ebb operates. You should be able to feel and hear it.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just when to a spot in the road by my house that has a slight decline. Put the Bronco in tow mode and let is roll a bit then pressed the brake pedal. EBB is still active.
2021 OBX.

wvabeer

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just when to a spot in the road by my house that has a slight decline. Put the Bronco in tow mode and let is roll a bit then pressed the brake pedal. EBB is still active.
2021 OBX.
Then you'll need to remove the fuses.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then you'll need to remove the fuses.
I don't have to remove the fuses. I have a device I build that resets the timer in the Bronco when I apply the brakes in the motorhome. So I always active boost when I need it.

Sponsored

BahnBob

Raptor
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Rubicon RECON 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't have to remove the fuses. I have a device I build that resets the timer in the Bronco when I apply the brakes in the motorhome. So I always active boost when I need it.
Do tell! That would be of interest to the rest of us that tow!

wvabeer

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome đź‘Ť