First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this the fix- screenshot from ford pass OTA update that hit me yesterday and a google search of that number(see highlight)
Ford Bronco Flat Tow 2.7l Electric Brake/BMS time out. NTHSA claim 676B4293-8660-4750-8853-D1D3FAC5A638
Ford Bronco Flat Tow 2.7l Electric Brake/BMS time out. NTHSA claim F08D52DE-5475-428B-BBA2-7DFD2B0CD537
Sponsored

wvabeer

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350, 2010 F150, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this the fix- screenshot from ford pass OTA update that hit me yesterday and a google search of that number(see highlight)
Ford Bronco Flat Tow 2.7l Electric Brake/BMS time out. NTHSA claim F08D52DE-5475-428B-BBA2-7DFD2B0CD537
It sounds like it. I never received it yet.

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
my 22 raptor updated on its own this week so i have to test it

Sponsored

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got to reading it, I think it only updated the owners manual.
Good morning, just went and read the owners manual after the update(flat towing automatic transmission)--nothing has changed from before with instructions as far as I can see.

wvabeer

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350, 2010 F150, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning, just went and read the owners manual after the update(flat towing automatic transmission)--nothing has changed from before with instructions as far as I can see.
Ok here is h I thought it was the manual

Screenshot_20230218-115252-186.png

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should be changing the ebb and BMS to accommodate flat towing as stated when I purchased it. I and other spent countless hours of phone and e-mail correspondence to get here I’m hoping it does an auto update. I hope ford will chime in I know they are listening. I’ve been patient and quiet but I’m gonna start making noise again. Shoulda been done 2 months ago. Hey grant if you could run an oasis that would be cool or anyone else. Thanks everyone

Sponsored

GBGT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prevost H3-45
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone tested a 2023 since Ford is saying the TSB doesn't apply to them?

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2022 September build 2.7, received OTA this Morning(see previous post)Put in tow mode, waited an hour and pushed brake pedal thru window with broom stick . Same amount of travel after an hour as when first initiated tow mode . Then I Pulled emergency disconnect and it locked brakes(Air Force 1). Not sure if this was a valid test as I wasn’t hooked up to rv

Ts3794

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was about to pull the trigger on an NSA Ready Brute for my 23 Wildtrak but I figured I would reach out to Ford to see if there was any updates. They said the TSB does not apply to 2023's. Are we to assume that the problem has been resolved on 23's?
22-PU1010-MIL-LT
I switched to “neutral tow” on a slight hill to test.
Within a second of switching. The break peddle jumped (like assist was gone)
And the “check brake” light came on.
Peddle pressure was more (unassisted), but able to stop with no issues (like my Jeep does with engine off)

I would sure like more information myself..

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

22-PU1010-MIL-LT
I switched to “neutral tow” on a slight hill to test.
Within a second of switching. The break peddle jumped (like assist was gone)
And the “check brake” light came on.
Peddle pressure was more (unassisted), but able to stop with no issues (like my Jeep does with engine off)

I would sure like more information myself..
I ran a similar test and also had the check brake warning come on but it did turn off when I completed the last step of getting into the neutral tow mode which is shutting off the vehicle and accessories using the ignition switch. The check brake warning had never shown up before when entering tow mode so it seems the computer might be registering that the EBB isn’t active.

Also of note is the fact I could actually hear the EBB working when I first got into the Bronco and stepped on the brake pedal. As soon as I was done entering tow mode I could no longer hear the electronic sounds when pressing the brake pedal.

All that said it’d sure be nice to confirm we no longer need to pull fuses. That’d be sweet and save some time.

Ts3794

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ran a similar test and also had the check brake warning come on but it did turn off when I completed the last step of getting into the neutral tow mode which is shutting off the vehicle and accessories using the ignition switch. The check brake warning had never shown up before when entering tow mode so it seems the computer might be registering that the EBB isn’t active.

Also of note is the fact I could actually hear the EBB working when I first got into the Bronco and stepped on the brake pedal. As soon as I was done entering tow mode I could no longer hear the electronic sounds when pressing the brake pedal.

All that said it’d sure be nice to confirm we no longer need to pull fuses. That’d be sweet and save some time.
Sponsored