J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can’t believe it, I literally gave up hope and was going to move on to the 4xe I am leasing. Big decisions need to be made!

4dr, basesquatch, 2.7, front mod bumper

3E2797B0-C4A5-4E8F-A6DD-233876128C22.jpeg
Nice Bronco, congrats! I just got my build date for my red basesquatch and will also have a tough decision when it comes to my JL. The Sky One Touch Top on mine is an absolute game changer and not something mimicked by the Bronco, kinda like your 4XE option...

I'm leaning towards keeping both for awhile.
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They definitely can by manipulating priority codes.
That is very disheartening to hear. While I understand that Granger has incentive to push for rez holders to abide this lie by FORD so to clear their own order bank (I am sure I would have approached the situation the very same way as they did), we are seeing nicely appointed trucks get scheduled WITH "CONSTRAINTS"!!

I did not sign my papers for constraint removal yet but I think Samantha did change my order as the little reservation picture is different without SAS. Whatever. Can they just end this and schedule my build?!?!?!

jalexa27

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those with a build week of 4/3/23, has a separate thread been started??

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is very disheartening to hear. While I understand that Granger has incentive to push for rez holders to abide this lie by FORD so to clear their own order bank (I am sure I would have approached the situation the very same way as they did), we are seeing nicely appointed trucks get scheduled WITH "CONSTRAINTS"!!

I did not sign my papers for constraint removal yet but I think Samantha did change my order as the little reservation picture is different without SAS. Whatever. Can they just end this and schedule my build?!?!?!
I spoke with Samantha about 15 minutes before receiving our scheduled w/VIN email from Ford. I asked her about changing my order (4Dr Base SAS MIC 2.7L), so she pulled up the database and told me I was now showing as Priority #1 and she was now unable to make any changes. Ford populated the priority codes, NOT Granger.!

What has been said and also seems apparent is that Ford scheduled ALL Granger's Base models for build and I think also ALL MT's and regular Heritage models. This makes a lot of sense from efficient scheduling point of view at the factory. Because of this, builds like my Base got scheduled even though it had SAS & MIC. Being Base, MT or Heritage seemed to override timestamp on this week's scheduling. Don't try to understand scheduling Optimization, it's quite complicated and can only be done by computer.

Ford is working hard to clear the old reservation list, so any old order holders should be optimistic. I'm really glad I got scheduled before switching to a vehicle I really don't want. I would be good money that all reservation holders will get scheduled for MY23.

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it's important to note that there are precisely zero stories of Granger pulling the kind of tricks that you seem concerned about. That's with a hugely disproportionate population of vocal (read: rabid) forum members.

That said, I totally understand your frustration at seeing so many Granger orders being filled while you still wait. It's definitely left up to Ford's choice and responsibility, though.

danane

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t believe it, I literally gave up hope and was going to move on to the 4xe I am leasing. Big decisions need to be made!

4dr, basesquatch, 2.7, front mod bumper

3E2797B0-C4A5-4E8F-A6DD-233876128C22.jpeg
Just got the email saying I have this same build starting April 10 =) !!

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m not saying they changed your priority code, but like this latest round of builds it appears they were targeting Manuals and a lot of base models probably because they had a delivery of manual transmission and base parts. There is a good chance that is why they jumped you, not priority code.

jalexa27

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ha ha. I know it was rambling. But you understand what I’m saying?
  • We are hearing 37,000 left to build
  • Ford announces the offer because parts to order mix is out of balance
  • If enough customers change their orders or drop out it balances inventory enough to schedule all of the remaining builds
  • Ford reports they want to get the remaining orders scheduled prior to MY23 order banks opening.
  • Ford can build 37,000 Feb—Apr.
  • New MY23 orders taken in March would be scheduled in May.
  • We are seeing many old orders getting scheduled so one can assume they are pushing to get these scheduled or built prior to May. Maybe enough have accepted or reacted to the offer so more are getting scheduled.
We need an update on the constraint data to see this.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford populated the priority codes, NOT Granger.!

Don't try to understand scheduling Optimization, it's quite complicated and can only be done by computer.
Matt Winter made it clear, you need a PhD or Masters degree to understand the scheduling algorithm... merely learning how to code in insufficient.

I am feeling a bit slighted, after all, the most complex code that I ever wrote was on a high school education... and yet, some how, I managed to write a sophisticated Monte Carlo simulation of the B-2 bomber attacking from 40,000 feet with multiple JDAMs in an environment with multiple GPS jammers (ground and airborne) that predicted actual weapons delivery well within the circular error of probability for the weapons.

I really would love to know how Ford's algorithm is more complicated than the software that I have written in the past. @Ford Motor Company, care to explain? Please show all work!

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Received the Email from Ford-April 3, 2023 build week.
Cactus Grey- Base, Sasquatch, 4 door, 2.7, Aux switches, MIC
Reservation date -April 25,2021 - with Chapman.

Last edited:

Carlstege

Base
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got e-mail from Ford!! Base 2-door, 2.3 auto, aux switches.
Better recheck those auxiliary switches not all orders are getting those mine included.

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's to early for my Window sticker to show, So as far as the Aux switches -the only thing I can go by for now is my DORA from Chapman that does show them.
May I ask how do you know yours is not coming with them? Thanks !
Better recheck those auxiliary switches not all orders are getting those mine included.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Matt Winter made it clear, you need a PhD or Masters degree to understand the scheduling algorithm... merely learning how to code in insufficient.

I am feeling a bit slighted, after all, the most complex code that I ever wrote was on a high school education... and yet, some how, I managed to write a sophisticated Monte Carlo simulation of the B-2 bomber attacking from 40,000 feet with multiple JDAMs in an environment with multiple GPS jammers (ground and airborne) that predicted actual weapons delivery well within the circular error of probability for the weapons.

I really would love to know how Ford's algorithm is more complicated than the software that I have written in the past. @Ford Motor Company, care to explain? Please show all work!
The scheduling algorithm isn't that complicated. Every build variation has a list of parts. Ford has a delivery schedule for every part going out for the next X number of weeks (probably 12ish). The program then picks buildable solutions based on dealer allocations and reservation timestamps. Once part constraint limits are hit, the program skips to buildable customer orders and then dealer stock for each dealership.

We credit dealerships for having more power than they actually have. Last year, I was talking to my sales rep: his manager had a personal Dirt Mountain order at that point for over three months and couldn't do anything to get it moving.

Besides the most egregious shenanigans (like delivery ADMs on customer orders), the biggest problem that people have with dealerships are poor communication, poor training and poor follow-through.
Sponsored