Sponsored

Are Tie Rods really THAT big of an issue for Broncos?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish there were places that just sold an entire kit with the required tools to do so... but every time I check, they're sold out. ;)
Cool thought though - if the kit included a single page or a couple pages on how to properly replace a tie rod while on a trail, that'd be pretty neat. Just a little diagram of what to look for, or a picture, and how to complete the process, that'd be a pretty nice touch to the kit that I can't find in stock.
I have one supplier that's slowing up the whole deal. Should be literally any day now.
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a little diagram of what to look for, or a picture, and how to complete the process
I retract my previous comment about including instructions, sounds like they do.
Hell yeah.
Ha! I thought that was a jab at me because you described the instructions exactly. 1 double sided page with color pictures.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha! I thought that was a jab at me because you described the instructions exactly. 1 double sided page with color pictures.
Looking forward to buying a kit in Moab from you! :cool:

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It does not matter what vehicle you own new or old. You go out and act like a jackass behind the wheel off-roading and crap will break. You go out and get a feel for your vehicle and keep mental notes about what you feel are the vehicles limits and abide by those mental notes. Experience is the number 1 factor in off-roading. The more you have the better you and your vehicle will perform at the end of the day and still make it home in one piece.

Not to mention, with experience, comes knowledge about what to bring with you, via parts and survival gear. If you are new to off-road adventuring, always go in a group of more than 1.

Sponsored

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess I'm a terrible salesman, I should go out and break some tierods so I can sell more repair kits.

I don't have a video but my kits come with detailed installation instructions.
Yes you do! And I definitely appreciate that. Your tie rod repair kits are great for dummies like me.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have put hundreds of miles wheeling on my Tacoma and more on other trucks and I've never broken anything. Been to Death Valley, Anza Borrego, Glamis, Johnson's Valley and local mountain trails; I'm mostly on trail, but did some desert crossing in JV & dunes in Glamis.

Care and respect for my trucks age allowed me to wheel without breaking things. My friend on the other hand, goes rock crawling and kind of made it a point that he was going to replace every thing weak on his Tacoma and didn't care if he broke things... And he breaks things.

Replaced and upgraded a lot on his truck $$$$.

So I'm hoping I'll be good and plan to hook up with the local Bronco group to wheel in numbers. I will look into putting a tie rod kit together, I have the tools, I just need to pack them up with the instructions and tie rods.

Reading above makes me think/hope this isn't day one urgent.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good, because us Bronco peeps are notoriously known for our inability to read.

MicMac

Black Diamond
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 TREMOR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I'm a terrible salesman, I should go out and break some tierods so I can sell more repair kits.

I don't have a video but my kits come with detailed installation instructions.
Cheap Insurance.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I broke one on the trail when I was still on stock 35s. Happened quite easily but no issues since.

I wheel gently but it can still happen.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a video a while back where a guy broke them on a trail with Vaughn Gittin and crew. He does a great job explaining why, in this case, they broke and it was because of the lift on 37's that was not done properly, thus messing up the geometry. He also summarized that there are a number of off-road shops doing lifts on the Bronco that don't understand the geometry. (The guy that broke them was, by all appearances, a modifier)...

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now it seems like anything other than a Sasquatch Bronco is a mall crawler.
I don't understand this statement, at all. Bronco is hugely capable at whatever trim level. SAS is overkill even for most off-road use. If anything, I consider SAS the mall crawler.

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand this statement, at all. Bronco is hugely capable at whatever trim level. SAS is overkill even for most off-road use. If anything, I consider SAS the mall crawler.
How Dare You.jpg
Sponsored