Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And there’s the problem. You have a decent top and don’t understand there are a bunch that have issues. I can’t make Bluetooth calls over 55. It’s impossible. Many others out there the same, and good on the author for calling it out because it’s ridiculously bad QC. I didnt believe there were quite tops until I rented one while on vacation and heard the difference myself.
I find that interesting that people feel they can't make calls with the top on. I don't have a problem making a call with the top off. I can hear them and they can hear me.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, once I moved up to some Shell 89 gas, there’s noticeably more pep in my 2.7. Will wait until 900 miles + before trying some 93.
I went straight for the premium. I don't see a reason to do anything else.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I find that interesting that people feel they can't make calls with the top on. I don't have a problem making a call with the top off. I can hear them and they can hear me.
There’s no “feel”. It’s a fact. The wind noise coming in from the windshield header is right next to the microphone. Person on the other end hears nothing but wind.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s no “feel”. It’s a fact. The wind noise coming in from the windshield header is right next to the microphone. Person on the other end hears nothing but wind.
And what have you done about it? Did you confirm the top is sealing correctly? Did you check the windows to see if they are in spec? Did you take it to the dealer to check either of the above?

PorkchopExpress

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,Toyota Supra LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Funny thats considered long term. I have 30k on mine and ive only had it 10 months. Blind spot monitor on passenger mirror needed to be replaced at 30k. So far so good everywhere else.

Sponsored

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have just over 12k on my Beast, but been in the shop for 3 months after a young driver tboned me. Never missed a vehicle so much!
Bummer! I've got 24k on mine, and was just hit hard on Friday, still waiting to see if it'll be repaired or a total loss. :cry:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And what have you done about it? Did you confirm the top is sealing correctly? Did you check the windows to see if they are in spec? Did you take it to the dealer to check either of the above?
Dealer won’t look at it unless it’s leaking, because Ford has issued service bulletins on leaking hardtops but not excessive wind noise. There are a ton of threads on wind noise and hillbilly engineering to help it. I got tired of all the shims and craft foam falling out when I removed the top, and ditched the POS mic panels for a Skyrider. So much quieter. The issue is quality control of the weather stripping seals and clamping force on the latches.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's hilarious after all the push back people here have gotten on 5 tire rotations that these guys got it when they didn't want it, with a mismatched tire to boot.

I could see noise complaints when stacked up against the rest of their fleet, those should all be whisper quiet. My 6G is my quiet ride, the 03 F250 and 88 Bronco 2 are both significantly louder.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do hear the road noise, but when you have something with a removable hard top, not sure that you should expect any different.

I’ve said it a few times, the Bronco ain’t your Lincoln; it has a more raw feel to it, yet it also feels planted and there is some refinement which I did not expect. I also have the roof liner.

Will also add that the B&O stereo for the 2023 does not suck at all. Not sure you’ll go booming down the block, but the mid range isn’t as terrible as I’d heard; maybe it’s the subwoofer out back.

It’s not a luxury ride by any means and I love it for it!

Also, once I moved up to some Shell 89 gas, there’s noticeably more pep in my 2.7. Will wait until 900 miles + before trying some 93.
The only point of higher ovtane gas is for engine knock which new vehicles with all the highly calibrated computers monitor and adjust. You are wasting your money. Just be sure to perform the recommended turbo/injector service when it’s time.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...-the-fiction-behind-those-higher-priced-fuels

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only point of higher ovtane gas is for engine knock which new vehicles with all the highly calibrated computers monitor and adjust. You are wasting your money. Just be sure to perform the recommended turbo/injector service when it’s time.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...-the-fiction-behind-those-higher-priced-fuels
The Bronco is an exception to this. It is detuned on regular and you must use premium to get the maximum rated output. Ford states it clearly.

Sponsored

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love my Bronco road noise in the two door is very tolerable and much less than my 2014 Wrangler. Styling and performance is way better than the Jeep.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not in this case. Using 87 actually lowers your HP rating; that’s computer controlled. To get the full performance, 91 is listed as necessary to trigger it.

Octane = ignite rate of the fuel. The higher octane actually burns more efficiently. I don’t know how that works, but it’s a thing.

I’ve been running regular only for break in since it lowers the impact of my right foot. In the end, I just can’t deal with the sluggishness it has caused, so my new regular is Plus for just riding around the city. 89 was a noticeable upgrade which was shocking. When it’s time to open her up or go off-road, it’s 93 all the way. On top of that I prefer Shell, with Chevron a close second. My daily is Quick Trip which is Top Tier gas, but not really.

I’ll run Buc ee’s when I see one, because Buc ee’s!! 🤗 Best goddamn thing to ever come out of Texas. 🙂

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my Bronco Badlands MT Lux for 6 days. IMO, where the Bronco shines best is off-road, and let's face it that is what it is marketing as, I can forgive a lot as it is better off-road than my ZR2 Bison. The technology that they put in the Bronco is much better than many, if not all off-roaders, "always" being able to turn on 4H, 4L, the lockers and even undue the stabilizer bar while it's under load is game changing for every 4x4 I've driven before, than the camera system makes off-roading solo so freaking easy.

I can't tell you how many times my Bison won't let me turn on the front locker, usually when you need it most. So in most off-roaders you have turn everything on you want before you start, what I find so far with the Bronco, is you only need to turn it on when you need it. Hopefully it turns out to be a vehicle I can trust.

I am surprised at the level of air noise I get over 50 mph, in mine, it's all coming from the back, I also get it from the driver's window when I put it down to smoke and then put it back up. If I start off with it closed, it's perfectly quiet. Am I going to take it to the dealer and complain, nope. But in my traded in $32K Mazda Miata club, they solved the problems that making a call on the highway by putting speakers in the headrest and multiple mics around the cabin.

I think what people want is a vehicle that don't have to forgive some things about it. Unfortunately there are very very few vehicles under 100K or at all that are perfect. Sure I wish the backseats in my Bronco were exactly like my past 3 Honda Elements. I wish the gauges were fully digital and I had at least a digital old-school tachometer. I wish it road on the road like my ZR2, man, I wish it had a diesel, but I again think about off-roading it and I realize there is nothing better off-road at this price.

I'm sure the aftermarket will fix the noise from the top. The Bronco has never been marketed as a luxury SUV, hell you can get an Escalade with magnetic, air suspension, 4x4 low and a diesel if you want that.

It seem that us Americans always want to complain about something.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It keeps bucking because it's hard to modulate that clutch engagement.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They lost me somewhere in the third or forth paragraph about road noise. Kids these days. . . Go wheeling in your Bronco, worry about noise in a different car.
Im used to the noise, 28k in basically 15 months, no regerts
Sponsored