Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's to you, Mr. I Made a Bronco Look Like an nv3500 Guy.

Well done.:please:
Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kia is not a concern in the least in regards to this program. Still very much apples and oranges.
Any vehicle in the segment that can take a potential buyer is a concern...and the Telluride is already off-road capable (and very capable)....imagine if they actually decided to make a off-road focused version & it's $10-15K cheaper then a Bronco which is very possible with Ford's current over-pricing of many of it's trims/models/.f

Not trying to argue but car makers have to wake-up to the value offerings of some of these new competitors. No one for a second took Kia seriously and the Telluride is SUV of the year by a mile/votes & puts the luxury makers to shame.

The SEMA Tellurides got such great feedback from potentional buyers, segment, etc...that it's the reason they are bringing that new trim out.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a24435029/kia-telluride-off-road-sema/

They need to really release what it looks like already....hopefully it's revealed at NY.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another thought on headlights - the leaked headlight we saw looked like a halogen/reflector style. This one could be an LED headlight?
The one we saw was a reflector, but it was an LED reflector.

What is the point? To camouflage more?
Exactly. It helps hide the true shape - there's obviously some sculpting on the quarter panels/hood that they're trying to cover up there. There's no way the hood is that flat, IMO.

What's up with the B pillar? Do they have to unwrap this thing every time they get in it, or are they trying to cover up removable doors? Looks like a bulge in front of the drivers door.

b pillar.png
Good catch, looks like it must be frameless doors.

Is the antenna interesting in any way? The way it's so, old school?
It'll be interesting if that's final placement. (It probably is, at this point.) If the roof is removable, there's really no place to hide it; in a fin or embedded in the rear window.
Personally, I'm disappointed to see a mast antenna. Embed it in the windshield or something.

A few things, that I think about when looking at the photos. 1. Door handles look to be at different heights (I'm OCD, this kills me) 2. I honestly loved the body side step of the R, I don't see it here. 3. Definitely lots of covered parts under the camo. This is just a tease from Ford, not likely real spy photos. 4. Looks like a surprise on the rear quarter panels, otherwise why cover them up so much? I think this will be a great looking ride. These photos don't do it justice IMO. However they give me some rough dimensions to work with.
I'm sure we're just seeing a combo of odd illusion from the camo and different cuts of the camo opening regarding the door handle heights.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nobody is cross shopping a Bronco and a Telluride.
Yah no one is cross-shopping one because it's not out yet....neither the Bronco or a off-road Telluride spec.

Many said the same thing about no one is cross shopping a Telluride & Audi/BMW SUV & it's eating those 2 companies lunches in that segment.

If KIA brings out a off-road version that looks like any of those SEMA versions which does put it into the Bronco segment then anything is fair game.

Personally, I'm disappointed to see a mast antenna. Embed it in the windshield or something.
I hope it's just for testing and the camo is covering it up.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one we saw was a reflector, but it was an LED reflector.

Exactly. It helps hide the true shape - there's obviously some sculpting on the quarter panels/hood that they're trying to cover up there. There's no way the hood is that flat, IMO.

Good catch, looks like it must be frameless doors.

I'm sure we're just seeing a combo of odd illusion from the camo and different cuts of the camo opening regarding the door handle heights.
for an offroad vehicle, a mast antenna could make very good sense. better reception than an imbedded antenna, and possibly other uses, CB, low range/power 2-way radio etc that are useful for off road use.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If KIA brings out a off-road version that looks like any of those SEMA versions which does put it into the Bronco segment then anything is fair game
I am definitely buying a Bronco; but I'm at a life stage where its easy to spoil myself. In fact I've been around long enough to see many many apples/oranges analogies become commoditized in the marketplace. Once that happens, 'its all about price baby!'

IMO auto market leaders are missing the boat by not offering really stripped-down trims at the bottom of the price scale.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am definitely buying a Bronco; but I'm at a life stage where its easy to spoil myself. In fact I've been around long enough to see many many apples/oranges analogies become commoditized in the marketplace. Once that happens, 'its all about price baby!'

IMO auto market leaders are missing the boat by not offering really stripped-down trims at the bottom of the price scale.
Why not ala carte options?

I want what I want, not the whole package

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Agreed...price is a big thing for most people & we're at the point like you said where so many things are blurring into each segment, etc...

Why not ala carte options?

I want what I want, not the whole package
If you look at say Audi Germany...you literally can ala carte you vehicle...get whatever you want UNLESS something has to have another feature due to the software or wiring or something...Audi USA you are stuck with the packages they want to offer because the USA dealers/companies want to basically force you to upgrade to options you don't want for the $$$

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eh...

sorry...

Being a previous owner of (2) FSB’s - this spy photo shoot confirms Ford is lost...

The Bronco was never a 4-door vehicle - but let’s appease to the masses who prob wouldn’t even know an original Bronco from a Yugo...

IMO, the the Bronco, whichever modern version you want to call it, a “Big” or “Baby” - it should never have (4) doors.

If I (or others) wanted a 4-door SUV - Ford has plenty of existing options AND the Competition has a very wide variety of 4-door this or that’s...

It’s really a shame to see the Bronco being designed to having a 4-door version at all.

Give me the Full Size with only 2-doors, that’s where the Heritage is at... Big, Bold and Beastly - not some knock off that already resembles what is available through every single manufacturer on the globe.

* The above denotes an opinion of a Bronco faithful fan, for those that want the teeny-tiny version, go calm down and unwad yer panties...

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I honestly loved the body side step of the R, I don't see it here.
It's there, look at the very back of the rear door and you can see the step upward

4. Looks like a surprise on the rear quarter panels, otherwise why cover them up so much? .
I think the purpose of that camo is moreso behind covering the removable top... the cladding has to come at least down to the bottom of the rear quarter windows, and at that point, might as well tie it into the wheelwells rather than stopping halfway and doing camo for the rest of the rear quarter
Sponsored