Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks right. The offset should put the shock body farther from the steering link and allow room for beefier links or bracing. That is exactly how I have mine.
OK. I had my other set the way the directions show and was rubbing the tie rod. It just looks like the CV is in danger now. I need to get a full turn stuff and see how much clearance is there.

This is my previous rusted one rubbing the tie rod installed per the instructions

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 1326AA0F-01A8-45DE-A5F1-4606BB46E20F
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got the fronts in and did a little flexing in the driveway. I’d hate to see what some of my angles are on the trail.

Really pleased with the Icon warranty. Was very easy to get mine replaced and hopefully I’ll have a much longer life with these.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 4252309E-F89D-4CF4-9508-79EB1A56C23F

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just reading back through this thread and I also have terrible rust on my rear shocks. Guess I need to reach out and see what I can do.

Also, anyone else have a weird bounce at lower speeds (20-30mph)? My tires have been balanced 2-3 times and rotated but still get this bounce. Also when coming to a stop it bounces forward and back almost like the shocks are blown.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just reading back through this thread and I also have terrible rust on my rear shocks. Guess I need to reach out and see what I can do.
Yes please contact ICON customer service and they will take care of you, as has been documented in this thread. Same goes for anyone else who got shocks from that batch with faulty plating. No need to post the pics here LOL.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes please contact ICON customer service and they will take care of you, as has been documented in this thread. Same goes for anyone else who got shocks from that batch with faulty plating. No need to post the pics here LOL.
I sent an email to customer service. Don't see the issue posting pics here tbh. This is a forum for people to talk about products etc. I appreciate Icon taking care of issues in this thread but without the forum posts etc some of this info might not be out in the open.

I will say I do like how my Icons perform on/off road and still recommend them with some caveats.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, anyone else have a weird bounce at lower speeds (20-30mph)? My tires have been balanced 2-3 times and rotated but still get this bounce. Also when coming to a stop it bounces forward and back almost like the shocks are blown.

Pic for reference on the rear shocks rusting
View attachment 479000

My front coilovers looked like that but the rear were just slightly showing rust. Obviously exposed to the same conditions but the fronts were much worse than the rear. Interesting that your rears are the ones that corroded.

Just finished installing mine this morning. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to mail these rusted ones back and how much that's going to cost me. They are kinda heavy.

No bouncing issues with mine. I find them very stable and have removed the sway bar for several months now. I plan to get a Rockjock swaybar this summer when they expect to have them out, but until then the coilovers are firm enough to drive within reason without it.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the problem limited to the rear shocks? My front shocks are corroding pretty quickly as well as my rear. Is it the same e-mail address that I had to use to get my shocks replaced for the hose routing issue? Scott? Or just general sales/service..?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sent an email to customer service. Don't see the issue posting pics here tbh. This is a forum for people to talk about products etc. I appreciate Icon taking care of issues in this thread but without the forum posts etc some of this info might not be out in the open.

I will say I do like how my Icons perform on/off road and still recommend them with some caveats.
Thanks, but I would just rather this thread not become a gallery of rusty shocks is all. It's not a rule, it's just my preference. The issue has already been well documented in this thread, along with our remedies. I do have mod privileges here in our sponsored section of the forum, but I do not remove such posts. I've demonstrated over and over that we take our lumps and let the public see how and whether we deal with issues that come up, and judge us accordingly. I was only asking that anyone else who needs replacement please contact our customer service, and if they can refrain from placing their rusty shock pictures in here I would appreciate it. Some still will, some won't. I realize it's the nature of the Internet :)

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the problem limited to the rear shocks? My front shocks are corroding pretty quickly as well as my rear. Is it the same e-mail address that I had to use to get my shocks replaced for the hose routing issue? Scott? Or just general sales/service..?
There's a customer service link and phone number on our website.

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, but I would just rather this thread not become a gallery of rusty shocks is all. It's not a rule, it's just my preference. The issue has already been well documented in this thread, along with our remedies. I do have mod privileges here in our sponsored section of the forum, but I do not remove such posts. I've demonstrated over and over that we take our lumps and let the public see how and whether we deal with issues that come up, and judge us accordingly. I was only asking that anyone else who needs replacement please contact our customer service, and if they can refrain from placing their rusty shock pictures in here I would appreciate it. Some still will, some won't. I realize it's the nature of the Internet :)
That's fair and I understand that actually.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the fronts in and did a little flexing in the driveway. I’d hate to see what some of my angles are on the trail.

Really pleased with the Icon warranty. Was very easy to get mine replaced and hopefully I’ll have a much longer life with these.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 4252309E-F89D-4CF4-9508-79EB1A56C23F

Looking forward to seeing how they hold up over time. I only have about 13,500 miles on my factory Sasquatch setup and tires but am definitely interested in going bigger or maybe just changing from factory suspension at some point. Good to see they replaced them under warranty. Nice to see companies stand behind their products.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking forward to seeing how they hold up over time. I only have about 13,500 miles on my factory Sasquatch setup and tires but am definitely interested in going bigger or maybe just changing from factory suspension at some point. Good to see they replaced them under warranty. Nice to see companies stand behind their products.
The Icon lifts have suffered some problems as you can see from this thread, but holy heck does it drastically improve the ride of the Bronco on road. It's not as soft so you feel the small bumps more (it is a digressive system after all), but it REALLY helps the Bronco stay composed in corners and while braking.

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking for a part number for the bushing for the these rear links. Going to remove them for powder coating.

20230317_132750.jpg
Sponsored