Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I originally had a two door ordered, but bought a four door from the lot. I would have regretted the two door given the way I use my 4 door.

The two door would have been a fun time but the four door is what we always prefer to take out.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m nervous leaving town with my 20 gallon tank in the four door. It can be a long way between gas stations out here. The 16 gallon tank in the two door would have me in therapy. Iā€™m coming from a 7.3 liter diesel with 36 gallons and a 100 gallon transfer tank. Yes, Iā€™m spoiled, but 4ā€ of wheel travel was getting hard to put up with as the side by sides have made trails undrivable in anything other than a side by side or ironically my Bronco.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regret a 2 Door? No effing way.

But I also have a regular cab pick up...

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situationā€¦

no kids, 99.9% of the time itā€™s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the ā€œman I wish I had more spaceā€ thoughts causing regret.

I donā€™t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!

"Man it sucks to have this much room, I wish I had less..."

-An argument that's never gone through my head...

Go bigger

Broncenstein

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i'm a 4 door owner, and my advice is, if you don't have kids or grandkids then you'd probably be happy with a 2 door. i like my 4 door, but i like 2 doors as well and probably would have gotten one if i didn't have 2 young kids.

Sponsored

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nobody who bought a 2dr will admit to having regrets, even if they had some. It's sort of a "thing" between the 2s and the 4s. šŸ˜‚
Yup, people will never say they regret their children either :D

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do like the smaller bronco 2d it looks better and likely better on the trails. But with a toddler and a 70 pound golden who needs significant space the four door accommodates them both. With the second kid on the way we would need a third car, and thatā€™s something we cannot afford in this market.

Off roading in the four door feels fine for me but I can see the ups of the two door. Maybe when I retire 20 years from now I can enjoy something like that.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no regrets with my 2 door. Our kids are grown though, so that could have been a factor, but probably not.

It's a bit of a pain getting in the back seat, but I ain't riding back there, so no worries.

I have dog that rides with me daily, so he enters the back door or he sits up front with me so again no worries.

Less cargo space ? Yeah a little, but again no worries.

You kind of re learn how to get stuff in, and out of a 2 door. I have driven a 4 door Tahoe the last 20 years plus and when we had kids it was great.

Parking in a city street situation is a dream.

In my personal opinion, the 2 door looks much better than the 4 door, and is the original body design I've loved for over 40 years, and those 2 aesthetic details were a huge factor in my decision.

But like I say about bourbon: drink what you like, and "F" Pappy Van Winkle !!

Last edited:

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally, I never even considered a 4-door when I ordered my Bronco as I much prefer the look of the 2-door and I travel by myself a vast majority of the time. The 2-door has plenty of room for me and my stuff. Over 20,000 miles this past year traveling with a small off-road squaredrop camper. Never once have I wished for more room or worried about MPG. The shorter wheelbase/tighter turning radius of the 2-door is nice with the camper as I can pivot through a lot of places I'd have to back and jack with a 4-door. But again, it's mostly just me so I don't need more room than the two door can provide.

I will say folks act like the only storage you have available is behind the rear seats. The rear seats fold down in a 2-door too.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What made the biggest difference for me was having an interior cargo basket that splits the space back there in two, allowing you to basically fill that entire space up. Without it, you run into the problem of everything falling out when you open the door with stuff stacked up on stuff.
What cargo basket are you using?

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nobody who bought a 2dr will admit to having regrets, even if they had some. It's sort of a "thing" between the 2s and the 4s. šŸ˜‚
Can confirm. Even if I hated it, I would never admit it

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

since I am 4 door I will respond this way........I have no regrets with 4 door and would never think of a 2 door!

Bronco_montana

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
ā€œ2door- for those whoā€™ve arrivedā€
ā€œRead that somewhereā€¦

freebob

Base
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situationā€¦

no kids, 99.9% of the time itā€™s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the ā€œman I wish I had more spaceā€ thoughts causing regret.

I donā€™t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
First it has a lot less room in the back
Second when you have two or more people to pick up its a real pain (getting in and out)..
Third The ride is real firm and hard ..
But I love the looks of my 2 door .It almost turns on a dime compaired to a 4 door.
I have a four door and a two door . My wifes always comparing her"s to mine and pointing out all the bad about a two door.lol

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread so it might have been mentioned, but if you go with a 2 door you are stuck with a 2 door, but if you go with the 4 door you can always remove 2 of the doors and then you have a 2 door! Best of both worlds! ;)
Sponsored