First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t agree with leaving the doors unlocked. People say to do that, but in my city, they break into easy targets first, those leaving their doors unlocked first, followed by vehicles in easy hit locations on the street/Vs deep into someone’s driveway. In Cali, my Honda was hit so often, regardless of the alarm. They are just an annoyance for the neighbors.

Don’t leave anything in plain view, have a security camera/flood light on it 24/7

Im not sure what this has to do with shaking one’s confidence in owning this truck. All vehicles get hit.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I slept on it and woke up more frustrated. Anyone running a center console safe and/or a rear locking setup? I'm looking at the two offerings from Tuffy -

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...021-22-ford-bronco-4-door-black/?sku=755-CUST

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/ford-center-console-security-safe-2021-22-bronco/?sku=385-01
Hey bud, before you go total thermonuclear, just locking the armrest and glove box does create a strong deterrent.

Also, since you don’t have the OEM alarm, let me endorse that for you. The Bronco horn is loud as all hell, so that and lights flashing make a thief work quick or not even bother.

A dash cam is a decent idea, but a good one is expensive such as a Thinkware, but Garmin has a good one, I have the Ring Car Cam, but don’t really endorse it after 2 months of owning. Then there’s the monthly fees for cams with constant connectivity and viewing, so do some heavy research on interior view dash cams, then decide on how much you want to invest.

If you live in an area with more crime like in Houston, spend more for quality. Overall, it’s a lesson learned, but you don’t have to spend a ton to feel more secure, just focus on quality.

Reactions: Jdc

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my bronco was broken into in a public garage while visiting friends at their home. 50 dollars stolen, some of the tools from the toolkit, a battery jumper tool I keep, some medications I take that I keep a weeks worth in the car and some of the Baja designs lenses that I had stashed in the back waiting to decide what to run.

No broken window, no broken roof ( I have a hard top. ) but it seems like they popped a door somehow.

I am mad and feel helpless, the cops didn’t do anything and told me to submit a report, but my stuff is just gone. Now I’m looking at alarms and locking consoles and all kinds of stuff but that’s another 1k or so if I get nice stuff, plus I want to add a dash cam that’s always on inside and out so it can record.

I don’t have anyone else to talk to about this and it’s really got me rattled. Tips, ideas for what I can do, experiences, etc are all welcome.

I am starting to think this isn’t worth the money and stress. I’m really having a bad time with this.

Don't keep any valuables in the vehicle, ever. That's the only advice I have. You never know what they want to go after. Also, no, police won't do anything even if you have video evidence. And alarms don't do anything, people are now so used to hearing alarms go off by accident they no longer pay attention. Several psych studies have shown this.

Theft under $5k gets secretly thrown in the trash behind the police counter (I'm kidding, it's filed but no one will ever look at it).

Someone smashed my car window once to pop the hood and steal the battery. THE BATTERY!!! Cost me several hundred in window/battery replacement, just so the homeless guy could sell the battery for $10 and buy some drugs. Man I was pissed!!!

So in summary - I feel for you. Totally sucks. I've been there multiple times and it just *sucks!* but the best advice I have is to just go on with your days, chalk it up to bad luck.

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok..

I see the ford proximity on the window sticker but it’s not on my app. Is it something I can install and order the components myself? Should I go to the dealer and ask them why it’s not there? I’m in for that 100%

Next is the center console locking system. Anyone used the generic ones from Amazon that look pretty close to the Ford solution? I’m considering this:

BESTAOO Center Console Safe Box Armrest Lock Storage Organizer Box Compatible with Ford Bronco Accessories 2021 2022 2023 2/4-Doors, with 3 Digit Combo Password Car Interior Security https://a.co/d/cJOn2oz

I’m also doing a dash cam. I planned to anyway and no better time than now. Just want to find one that goes both outside and in.

I’m also considering a full locking rear deck system but that’s probably down the road due to cost, etc.

cops basically told me “too bad so sad” and sent me on my way. This sucks. I still don’t know how they got in. Fully locked, hard top, no windows down that I know of… just an absolute mess. Now I am nervous to leave it anywhere which isn’t good.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Former LEO here and I am sorry this happened to you. As some have said, it could be worse...broken window or door/lock damage. If they want in, they will get in...so here is what I suggest: Tint all the windows as dark as you can, NEVER leave anything of value or anything for that matter in the vehicle-especially in view (they will break in to steal change in your cup holder or even a sweatshirt), for small stuff (like your meds) you need to leave in; consider the console safe or an under seat gun safe, consider a rear locking lock box-the pull out locking drawer, do not park in parking garages, when possible-park where you can see your Bronco. If you get an alarm; get one that alerts your cell phone as most of the public ignores audible alarms and the crooks know it. If I go to a restaurant as an example; I will park in an end slot so the Bronco does not get buried between cars. Then I insist to be seated at a table where I can keep an eye on it. Carry pepper spray or other devices legal in your jurisdiction, know how to use them and know when you can legally use them. Being victimized does not feel good. Pull your boots on tighter, prepare for the next time.

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my bronco was broken into in a public garage while visiting friends at their home. 50 dollars stolen, some of the tools from the toolkit, a battery jumper tool I keep, some medications I take that I keep a weeks worth in the car and some of the Baja designs lenses that I had stashed in the back waiting to decide what to run.

No broken window, no broken roof ( I have a hard top. ) but it seems like they popped a door somehow.

I am mad and feel helpless, the cops didn’t do anything and told me to submit a report, but my stuff is just gone. Now I’m looking at alarms and locking consoles and all kinds of stuff but that’s another 1k or so if I get nice stuff, plus I want to add a dash cam that’s always on inside and out so it can record.

I don’t have anyone else to talk to about this and it’s really got me rattled. Tips, ideas for what I can do, experiences, etc are all welcome.

I am starting to think this isn’t worth the money and stress. I’m really having a bad time with this.
Filing a police report is for folks that intend to file an insurance claim for the stolen items. My girlfriends vehicle was burglarized last year, and a pair of prescription sunglasses valued at $600 was stolen. She filed a police report online (super convenient), and once Geico received the police report, they paid the claim. No questions asked.

Unless you live in a small town, the expectation that the police can or will "do something" is an utter fallacy. They do nothing more than collect the information and file a report. They do not investigate, nor do they canvas an area for suspects.

Unless the dash cam you invest in can send you an instant alert so that you can physically intervene during a burglary, providing that footage to the police does not escalate the priority of the report. It simply gets filed away.

A dash cam is somewhat of a visual deterrent, but again, unless you live in a small town, you have to consider that we live in a day and age where folks are brazenly clearing the shelves of retail stores knowing that there is active surveillance. Also, you can definitely expect your new dash cam to be taken as well.

Depending on where your vehicle is parked at the time of a burglary, audible alarms that draw attention to the scene are decent deterrents, but again, unless you get an instant notification that a burglary is occurring, you are relying on the alarm itself to deter the theft. You have to figure that once that alarm is triggered, more often than not, the burglar is all-in, and will likely carry out the burglary.

I have front and rear console vaults, but I have no delusions about a thief with prying tools not being able to defeat the consoles. My hope is that they do not have prying tools. Wishful thinking...

In the front vault, I keep registration, an insurance card, a garage remote, and a spare pistol magazine, but the front is primarily used to stow a pistol when I am out.

In the rear, I keep recovery gear, winch remote, hand tools, and some small bug-out items. Significant loss if the rear was breached, but my hope is that the rear would be overlooked by a thief that doesn't know to pull up the rear storage panel. Yep, more wishful thinking...

At the end of the day, as pointed out already, leave nothing in the car, nothing in plain view, and that includes charging cables. For thieves, charging cables seem to be an indicator that there might be electronics (iPods and such) stored away. Stealing something that they can sell for $20 is definitely a good score for a junky.

Last edited:

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anything to slow them down. I am also springing for a few other things like that proximity alarm but from what I've seen they would need to do damage to get to the safe and then the police might respond or at least it shows they did more than... honestly I have no idea how they got in.
So sorry this happened to you!
I just ordered the perimeter protection after seeing your post. I’ll take any deterrent I can, and be mindful of leaving nothing in view.

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have it, just open the Ford Pass app on your phone, go to Safety and Security
I don’t have it (lux/high/WT/22) and after reading some other threads trying to learn how to find/get it, appears to be unavailable on the Bronco till later this year.
Securialert

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My last vehicle was stolen out a mall parking lot. Chevy Silverado 1500 High Country. No broken glass, OnStar disabled. Definitely a pro job. Every year I get a call from the police department asking if I've found my vehicle. Every time I tell them, no that's your job, but thanks for making me relive a traumatic experience again!

Just try to deter thieves from wanting to break into your vehicle, be prepared, and stay positive. I know it sucks but it could have been a robbery instead of burglary or they could have taken the whole vehicle. Now get out there and have some fun in your Bronco!

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the center console safe, a necessity for locking up valuables when the doors are off. It’s far from spacious but better than nothing.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hopefully, things will change one day but right now, it’s considered our fault not theirs. Cities are suing Kia because people are stealing vehicles that they make. Hmmm, you would almost think the problem is the people that are stealing them, not the people that are making them. But what do I know, I’m too old anyways to really understand!

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, the operator last night said I could fill out a form online and submit things to get a follow up. I call tonight because the sight said to call and now I have to take time off to go report in person.

madness,.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully, things will change one day but right now, it’s considered our fault not theirs. Cities are suing Kia because people are stealing vehicles that they make. Hmmm, you would almost think the problem is the people that are stealing them, not the people that are making them. But what do I know, I’m too old anyways to really understand!
This is 100% true, I unfortunately live in this exact area

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The cheapest and easiest theft prevention measure, don't leave anything in your vehicle that you are not willing to lose. If they want in, they are getting in. Alarms do not do anything to deter theft. Lock boxes/vaults will stop most smash and grab thieves, but they are far from theft proof. The Ford F-series of trucks are some of the easiest vehicles to break into. A flat blade screw driver is all it takes.
Sponsored