Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That just begs to have a SBR nestled in there.
If it didn't have the shelves inside, it probably would šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my bronco was broken into in a public garage while visiting friends at their home. 50 dollars stolen, some of the tools from the toolkit, a battery jumper tool I keep, some medications I take that I keep a weeks worth in the car and some of the Baja designs lenses that I had stashed in the back waiting to decide what to run.

No broken window, no broken roof ( I have a hard top. ) but it seems like they popped a door somehow.

I am mad and feel helpless, the cops didnā€™t do anything and told me to submit a report, but my stuff is just gone. Now Iā€™m looking at alarms and locking consoles and all kinds of stuff but thatā€™s another 1k or so if I get nice stuff, plus I want to add a dash cam thatā€™s always on inside and out so it can record.

I donā€™t have anyone else to talk to about this and itā€™s really got me rattled. Tips, ideas for what I can do, experiences, etc are all welcome.

I am starting to think this isnā€™t worth the money and stress. Iā€™m really having a bad time with this.
Garage not have any security cameras?

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Garage not have any security cameras?
They do and they have it on video. Person in shirt breaks into car. What now? It's one of the biggest cities in the country. They didn't even take a report and told me to come to the station. It just seems break ins and minor theft isn't super high on the priority list in a city like this.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do and they have it on video. Person in shirt breaks into car. What now? It's one of the biggest cities in the country. They didn't even take a report and told me to come to the station. It just seems break ins and minor theft isn't super high on the priority list in a city like this.
It would probably be a safe bet to say they have the same person(s) on film multiple times. As far as entry, I can use a lockout kit with a long rod to get the lock/unlock button between the door glass and seal, quickly. Not like having to use an air bag between the door frame on other vehicles to get a straight shot. Breaking in is bad enough, wait until more of these dirt bags with some tech figure out how to do the CAN injection on everything.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In my entire state if they steal under $900 it's not even really a crime.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thieves will break in no matter what. When I was younger I was at a concert and all the cars in my row had their windows smashed out. Stupid jerks took a cd book, that was full of my bands demos .... I'm sure they loved them.

It was also the dead of winter and I had a 4 hour drive and ended up getting pneumonia thanks to those dickheads.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait until you find out that the state OP lives has that level at $2500.
Lol..well they do say everything is bigger there :)

2,500 .... Dang that's high.... A bit surprised because I thought they don't put up with crap in Tx

Balerstos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol..well they do say everything is bigger there :)

2,500 .... Dang that's high.... A bit surprised because I thought they don't put up with crap in Tx
Many states have it at a higher level than CA. If I recall, CA is in the bottom 1/3 of states when you look at the level a theft rises to a felony. I could be wrong, but it's something like that. Here's some data in a graphic for you if you're interested.

The reason you're surprised though is because certain folks like to push an idea that a law that's been around since like 2012 is suddenly now responsible for any rise in crime. Fact is, it's a lot more complicated than that and the data doesn't support the claim. It's easier to blame a boogeyman though.
Sponsored