Sponsored

Bronco broken into. Why is there no alarm?

CB24

Big Bend
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry it happened. Really sucks. Even the flashing LED helps as well.
Dash cam front and back and the Ford bronco alarm that senses vibration and the $15 flashing red led on dash that shows it is armed. I live in Seattle car theft capitol so do all you can, park in lighted areas and fingers crossed.
hey thanks for these recs. which kind of red LED did you get? trying to find one that looks legit enough.

thanks
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

hey thanks for these recs. which kind of red LED did you get? trying to find one that looks legit enough.

thanks
Ford sells one for 15 and it hooks right into motion alarm. Drill little hole in front speaker cover and mount it up through dash. Super easy. There is a thread on here about it with pics.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guns and cash is what we've heard from police, particularly guns. A lot of folks around here have vanity plates, window stickers that are related to hunting, guns, 2A and such which is what the shit bags target.

My service manager is a big trap shooter/hunter and donned a Browning plate on the front. He and some family members went on a trip leaving their vehicles at their hotel lot in Nashville. When they got back his window was knocked out but really nothing of value taken. Cops said tons of these going on and it's cash and guns.
100%, if they left valuable (enough...) stuff and didn't seem to really take anything, they probably thought you had a concealed gun somewhere.

My 23 BL w/high has something like an alarm, and has gone off before when motorcycles drove by. When I looked into it, it looks like most cars these days have the alarm parts built in. I actually thought Ford would end up selling a monthly subscription, but haven't seen anything about it.

I would argue they're somewhat a waste of time, since I don't go out and check when my neighbor's car alarms go off until it's been a while. I wonder if there's any kind of a camera like the doorbell ones that could stream footage to you or something. I would think that'd be more valuable.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Monday night, my partner and I returned to the parking lot to find my Bronco had been broken into.
What I want to know is why there doesn't seem to even be a basic anti theft alarm on a $63,000 (in 2022) vehicle. No alarm was triggered, and no notification registered in the FordPass app.

What do folks do to protect their Bronco when parking in public spaces? I'm curious to hear what others have done to safeguard their ride.
A few people on the forum have bought this guy: Ford Perimeter Plus

(I admittedly know nothing about it.)
All broncos come with the passive "perimeter alarm" as standard equip. Basically just sets of the alarm if a door is opened without being unlocked from the key. Which is why the alarm didn't go off in this instance, no door was opened.

The "perimeter alarm plus" adds the shock sensing and would have gone off.
You can add the LED indicator to the plus system:
https://accessories.ford.com/led-anti-theft-flasher-vehicle-security-system-1

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Monday night, my partner and I returned to the parking lot to find my Bronco had been broken into.
1000009965.jpg

1000009962.jpg

The rear passenger window was totally smashed, and from the security footage I obtained through a business with cameras watching this area of the lot, the burglar was able to shatter the glass without even winding up a swing of his fist.

You do hear about vehicle break-ins in Austin, but typically only in certain areas known to be bad news. What pisses me off the most is that the surveillance footage, which I will upload when I have a chance, shows a shady vehicle pulling right up to my Bronco as though it had been casing my vehicle in particular.

Luckily nothing was taken - my Oakley sunglasses, clothes, even a can of mace - all strewn about the interior. I guess the burglar didn't find what he was looking for after all.

What I want to know is why there doesn't seem to even be a basic anti theft alarm on a $63,000 (in 2022) vehicle. No alarm was triggered, and no notification registered in the FordPass app.

What do folks do to protect their Bronco when parking in public spaces? I'm curious to hear what others have done to safeguard their ride.
Kind of a sin that Ford offered the vibration sensing alarm module as an option. I added it and the $15 flashing red led prominently displayed high on dash that shows it is armed. Fingers crossed.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sucks man, sorry you have to deal with that. My 2023 Badlands has an alarm. I have the Lux package, not sure if the alarm is tied to it or not though. In fact, the alarm is quite sensitive.

On top of that, I have a dash cam with interior view and shock sensors with LTE connectivity. Whenever there’s a “disturbance” I get messages on my cell. Most are false alarms, but never no so I always check the video and can download.

There are a number of dashcams. Vantrue N4 and Pro are very good and install isn’t bad. Hardwire for notifications and that may give you peace of mind.

Thieves were likely looking for one thing; a gun. Best to always take with you, so glad they didn’t get yours.
IMO, the problem is they will steal the dash cam. The presence and visibility of electronics, cameras, a lap top, change $, wallet, purse, shopping bag are all things that will cause criminal interest to a particular vehicle.
I too am interested in a perimeter or shock alarm for my Bronco. I just don't know what to get as so many come with other things I do not want (such as remote start).

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also installed the perimeter plus with LED following an earlier thread. Two days later my wife was at the grocery store when I received a notification on the Ford Pass app that the alarm was activated. I didn't realize it was connected to the app til then. She was in the store when it activated and everything appeared ok but I think somebody was messing with it because I haven't had any other activations.
It is currently out of stock.
Can you tell us more about the alarm, what all it will do.
Did you install it yourself? Issues with install?
Does it come with the flashing red light?

Thank you very much.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO, the problem is they will steal the dash cam. The presence and visibility of electronics, cameras, a lap top, change $, wallet, purse, shopping bag are all things that will cause criminal interest to a particular vehicle.
I too am interested in a perimeter or shock alarm for my Bronco. I just don't know what to get as so many come with other things I do not want (such as remote start).
Well, you’re right, but that wouldn’t be such a bad thing.

If you have a dash cam with LTE, they work almost instantly; mine sure does. That first feed will capture a lot until they disconnect it. From there, the dash cam is tied to my account, or the owner of the registered cam. If the idiots plug it in, I’ve got them a second time and can track it.

Dash cams aren’t the end all, but they are highly effective, as are alarms with flashing lights and the horn and the Bronco horn is loud as hell.

Once I receive a notification, things can escalate quickly. I carry concealed at all times and at home, well……. let‘s just say that’s a bad day. My neighbors are also impressively aware and equally prepared, so there’s that.

Parking decks are your only weak spot since they tend to cut signals and offer some cover.

Dash cams are also good if you must use a valet. I hate them, but stayed at a hotel in Asheville where there was no self parking. Nice hotel, but not likely to stay there again because of that.

So, does your Bronco not have the alarm either? How is that? Thought until now they all did.

I also never turned on remote start and won’t; fear of hacking.

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It is currently out of stock.
Can you tell us more about the alarm, what all it will do.
Did you install it yourself? Issues with install?
Does it come with the flashing red light?

Thank you very much.
I followed this earlier thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imeter-alarm-plus-—-diy-how-to-writeup.48249/
And this video:

Alarm and LED are seperate parts, the one photo shows part numbers for each. I installed myself, wasn't difficult except trying to access a couple of the screws was a pain. I believe it just senses motion of the vehicle. Others may know more. First bump or pull of the door handle it senses chirps the horn, second sets off alarm. I am not sure if a more severe initial motion would set off the alarm right away, I haven't tested that. I have mine set to highest setting and haven't had any issues with false alarms. I bumped the door with my hand a couple of days ago shoveling snow and it chirped. I didn't know it integrated with the Ford Pass app when I installed it, that was a bonus to see I receive notifications when it is activated.

Sponsored

KristinHu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sucks man, sorry you have to deal with that. My 2023 Badlands has an alarm. I have the Lux package, not sure if the alarm is tied to it or not though. In fact, the alarm is quite sensitive.

On top of that, I have a dash cam with interior view and shock sensors with LTE connectivity. Whenever there’s a “disturbance” I get messages on my cell. Most are false alarms, but never no so I always check the video and can download.

There are a number of dashcams. Vantrue N4 and Pro are very good and install isn’t bad. Hardwire for notifications and that may give you peace of mind.

Thieves were likely looking for one thing; a gun. Best to always take with you, so glad they didn’t get yours.
I have a 2023 Badlands with Lux Pack as well, and mine got break into with out any alarm.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All broncos come with the passive "perimeter alarm" as standard equip. Basically just sets of the alarm if a door is opened without being unlocked from the key. Which is why the alarm didn't go off in this instance, no door was opened.

The "perimeter alarm plus" adds the shock sensing and would have gone off.
You can add the LED indicator to the plus system:
https://accessories.ford.com/led-anti-theft-flasher-vehicle-security-system-1
My basest of the base Broncos probably has that first alarm you mentioned. Leastways I had pulled into the driveway with family and groceries, don't recall exactly what I did with the ignition/door ... but the alarm started going off. Hate alarms for that reason - most of them have been more trouble and aggravation for me rather than a would be thief. I plan to look in Forscan to see if I can de-activate the alarm. Of course, maybe I'd feel different if my vehicles were getting broken into.

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could anyone who has installed the LED post a copy of the installation instructions? I have a Badlands Lux and have received notifications when the alarm went off but don’t see any LED on the top of the dash. This has the B&O audio but mostly, I want to know where the LED plugs into. Those parts are like $2.

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Could anyone who has installed the LED post a copy of the installation instructions? I have a Badlands Lux and have received notifications when the alarm went off but don’t see any LED on the top of the dash. This has the B&O audio but mostly, I want to know where the LED plugs into. Those parts are like $2.
I installed the perimeter plus and LED following the instructions in the post by @Wildfire1:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imeter-alarm-plus-—-diy-how-to-writeup.48249/

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dash cam front and back and the Ford bronco alarm that senses vibration and the $15 flashing red led on dash that shows it is armed. I live in Seattle car theft capitol so do all you can, park in lighted areas and fingers crossed.
I think ca has Seattle beat in car break ins ,with only glass between your stuff and a dirtbag don't leave anything inside.
Sponsored