First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My daughters and I went to Nashville for my Broncos' first trip. Parked valet on the 5th level of a secure garage at the hotel and received notification at 3:05am that my passenger door opened, triggering my alarm on my Ford app. Jerks stole nothing but broke the back window. Damnit! Youtube how to remove freaking windows, not break them!! Big question now is... how do I get a new soft top back window?!?
Ford Bronco 6 days old and broken into!! 20211227_082513
Ford Bronco 6 days old and broken into!! 20211227_082254
Ford Bronco 6 days old and broken into!! 20211227_083301
Ford Bronco 6 days old and broken into!! 20211227_083238
Sponsored

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang!

This has been happening more frequently - Sorry that happens to you.

I would reach out to your local Ford & see how they can help.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will have to order a replacement.
If the cost of it exceeds your comprehensive, I'd file it under insurance.
If it is less, I'd just order one.
In the interim, remove the back panel, mix up some 2 part epoxy, apply to both sides that should be connected by the clips, clamp overnight. It won't be perfect, but it will be functional until you can get your replacement in.
Sorry this happened to you, especially on what should have been a fun and relaxing trip.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But they left a clue! You have their foot print and now you just need to find out what shoe has that tread pattern and cross check that with all the sales of that shoe in your area... Yeah that sucks dude. Hopefully it's not too pricy to replace

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh sorry to hear that! People can be so disrespectful of other peoples property.

Out of curiosity, how do you setup the notifications on your phone? Does it trigger an alert every time the doors open or just if they break-in once the doors are locked?

Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

that sux!! sorry it happened but could have been worse it the soft top could have been cut right open or they could have broken the real windows . dumb criminals

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well that sucks, but we got to remember criminals are car buyers too. They probably just had to get a better look at the MGV since they didnt take anything.

Again that sucks. We dont have that kind of theft here. Here you just keep your vehicle dirty and leave it open. Gotta be a rental to get broken into. Does make one think more about the hardtop though. Come one aftermarket make us a better top.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My daughters and I went to Nashville for my Broncos' first trip. Parked valet on the 5th level of a secure garage at the hotel and received notification at 3:05am that my passenger door opened, triggering my alarm on my Ford app. Jerks stole nothing but broke the back window. Damnit! Youtube how to remove freaking windows, not break them!! Big question now is... how do I get a new soft top back window?!?
That's unfortunate! I'm sorry that happened to you but that triggering on your Ford App...is that standard with all vehicles?

Sponsored

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thieves suck, and they will usually take the quickest path to getting inside of your vehicle. When you have a soft top and locked doors, 99% of the time this means a knife to a plastic window. The result of this is that you have had items stolen and you have a cut soft top window to replace.

I always suggest an alternative to people who drive soft top vehicles: Don't lock your doors and don't leave anything inside that you don't care about losing. What happens now when a thief comes upon your unlocked soft top Bronco? They open a door, find nothing worth taking, and move on to the next one, nothing stolen, no windows slashed!

BamaBronc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thieves suck, and they will usually take the quickest path to getting inside of your vehicle. When you have a soft top and locked doors, 99% of the time this means a knife to a plastic window. The result of this is that you have had items stolen and you have a cut soft top window to replace.

I always suggest an alternative to people who drive soft top vehicles: Don't lock your doors and don't leave anything inside that you don't care about losing. What happens now when a thief comes upon your unlocked soft top Bronco? They open a door, find nothing worth taking, and move on to the next one, nothing stolen, no windows slashed!
Just the thought of doing this to placate a thief is what's wrong in our world. Where has the fear of getting in trouble gone?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Feeling like we need instruction stickers for how to pop out those rear quarters until Ford builds them with steel tabs....

Sorry....

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry this has happened to you. Always one of the fears of soft tops. In the old days of the CJ5’s, no such thing as a locked door. People just didn’t leave anything in them. Those days they were stealing stereos and speaker boxes.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just the thought of doing this to placate a thief is what's wrong in our world. Where has the fear of getting in trouble gone?
Sorry, cannot discuss politics here, who runs the schools, the legal system, makes the laws, etc. So there is no problem to be discussed. Everything is sunshine and lollipops. This event never happened.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.