Sponsored

Bronco broken into. Why is there no alarm?

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Monday night, my partner and I returned to the parking lot to find my Bronco had been broken into.
Ford Bronco Bronco broken into. Why is there no alarm? 1000009965

Ford Bronco Bronco broken into. Why is there no alarm? 1000009962

The rear passenger window was totally smashed, and from the security footage I obtained through a business with cameras watching this area of the lot, the burglar was able to shatter the glass without even winding up a swing of his fist.

You do hear about vehicle break-ins in Austin, but typically only in certain areas known to be bad news. What pisses me off the most is that the surveillance footage, which I will upload when I have a chance, shows a shady vehicle pulling right up to my Bronco as though it had been casing my vehicle in particular.

Luckily nothing was taken - my Oakley sunglasses, clothes, even a can of mace - all strewn about the interior. I guess the burglar didn't find what he was looking for after all.

What I want to know is why there doesn't seem to even be a basic anti theft alarm on a $63,000 (in 2022) vehicle. No alarm was triggered, and no notification registered in the FordPass app.

What do folks do to protect their Bronco when parking in public spaces? I'm curious to hear what others have done to safeguard their ride.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucks man, sorry you have to deal with that. My 2023 Badlands has an alarm. I have the Lux package, not sure if the alarm is tied to it or not though. In fact, the alarm is quite sensitive.

On top of that, I have a dash cam with interior view and shock sensors with LTE connectivity. Whenever there’s a “disturbance” I get messages on my cell. Most are false alarms, but never no so I always check the video and can download.

There are a number of dashcams. Vantrue N4 and Pro are very good and install isn’t bad. Hardwire for notifications and that may give you peace of mind.

Thieves were likely looking for one thing; a gun. Best to always take with you, so glad they didn’t get yours.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Monday night, my partner and I returned to the parking lot to find my Bronco had been broken into.

The rear passenger window was totally smashed, and from the security footage I obtained through a business with cameras watching this area of the lot, the burglar was able to shatter the glass without even winding up a swing of his fist.

You do hear about vehicle break-ins in Austin, but typically only in certain areas known to be bad news. What pisses me off the most is that the surveillance footage, which I will upload when I have a chance, shows a shady vehicle pulling right up to my Bronco as though it had been casing my vehicle in particular.

Luckily nothing was taken - my Oakley sunglasses, clothes, even a can of mace - all strewn about the interior. I guess the burglar didn't find what he was looking for after all.

What I want to know is why there doesn't seem to even be a basic anti theft alarm on a $63,000 (in 2022) vehicle. No alarm was triggered, and no notification registered in the FordPass app.

What do folks do to protect their Bronco when parking in public spaces? I'm curious to hear what others have done to safeguard their ride.
Dash cam front and back and the Ford bronco alarm that senses vibration and the $15 flashing red led on dash that shows it is armed. I live in Seattle car theft capitol so do all you can, park in lighted areas and fingers crossed.

OP
OP
buck_6G

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dash cam front and back and the Ford bronco alarm that senses vibration and the $15 flashing red led on dash that shows it is armed. I live in Seattle car theft capitol so do all you can, park in lighted areas and fingers crossed.
I installed the Brandmotion Fullvue mirror, which gives you a front and rear dash cam combo. It's pretty good resold, but I was a doofus and didn't enable Park Guard because I'd read about it draining the battery in a short period.

I might have caught the license plate of the scumbag if I'd had it enabled! Lesson learned for sure.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the Brandmotion Fullvue mirror, which gives you a front and rear dash cam combo. It's pretty good resold, but I was a doofus and didn't enable Park Guard because I'd read about it draining the battery in a short period.

I might have caught the license plate of the scumbag if I'd had it enabled! Lesson learned for sure.
Sorry it happened. Really sucks. Even the flashing LED helps as well.

Sponsored

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A few people on the forum have bought this guy: Ford Perimeter Plus

(I admittedly know nothing about it.)
I’m one of those people. Had it installed on my Basesquatch a week after delivery. It also gave me remote starting as an extra bonus. Alarm works pretty well and interfaces with the Ford Pass App.

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I installed the Brandmotion Fullvue mirror, which gives you a front and rear dash cam combo.
I also installed the perimeter plus with LED following an earlier thread. Two days later my wife was at the grocery store when I received a notification on the Ford Pass app that the alarm was activated. I didn't realize it was connected to the app til then. She was in the store when it activated and everything appeared ok but I think somebody was messing with it because I haven't had any other activations.

OP
OP
buck_6G

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also installed the perimeter plus with LED following an earlier thread. Two days later my wife was at the grocery store when I received a notification on the Ford Pass app that the alarm was activated. I didn't realize it was connected to the app til then. She was in the store when it activated and everything appeared ok but I think somebody was messing with it because I haven't had any other activations.
Do your have the LUX package? I'm equipped with the High package, and am actually having trouble determining whether there in fact is supposed to be an anti theft alarm, app connected or otherwise

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Do your have the LUX package? I'm equipped with the High package, and am actually having trouble determining whether there in fact is supposed to be an anti theft alarm, app connected or otherwise
I have mid package. I am not sure what, if any trims have it standard.

Sponsored

cloudwalkerjohn

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2022 BD Sas 2dr with mid package has the perimeter alarm.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guns and cash is what we've heard from police, particularly guns. A lot of folks around here have vanity plates, window stickers that are related to hunting, guns, 2A and such which is what the shit bags target.

My service manager is a big trap shooter/hunter and donned a Browning plate on the front. He and some family members went on a trip leaving their vehicles at their hotel lot in Nashville. When they got back his window was knocked out but really nothing of value taken. Cops said tons of these going on and it's cash and guns.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you hit the lock button on the keyfob twice? This should have turned on the alarm

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guns and cash is what we've heard from police, particularly guns. A lot of folks around here have vanity plates, window stickers that are related to hunting, guns, 2A and such which is what the shit bags target.

My service manager is a big trap shooter/hunter and donned a Browning plate on the front. He and some family members went on a trip leaving their vehicles at their hotel lot in Nashville. When they got back his window was knocked out but really nothing of value taken. Cops said tons of these going on and it's cash and guns.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Oh and those little lockable "vaults" for the center console isn't even going to slow them down 🤠

MoMoBBen24

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Hyundai Veloster... 24 Big Bend (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Vehicle break-ins like that are common in Atlanta. The car alarms never go off and they use window shatter tools. They can get in and out in seconds. They seem to target nice vehicles in nice areas and ones with dark tint assuming they is something inside they cannot see looking in the window. It sux and is super annoying.
Sponsored