35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my bronco was broken into in a public garage while visiting friends at their home. 50 dollars stolen, some of the tools from the toolkit, a battery jumper tool I keep, some medications I take that I keep a weeks worth in the car and some of the Baja designs lenses that I had stashed in the back waiting to decide what to run.

No broken window, no broken roof ( I have a hard top. ) but it seems like they popped a door somehow.

I am mad and feel helpless, the cops didnā€™t do anything and told me to submit a report, but my stuff is just gone. Now Iā€™m looking at alarms and locking consoles and all kinds of stuff but thatā€™s another 1k or so if I get nice stuff, plus I want to add a dash cam thatā€™s always on inside and out so it can record.

I donā€™t have anyone else to talk to about this and itā€™s really got me rattled. Tips, ideas for what I can do, experiences, etc are all welcome.

I am starting to think this isnā€™t worth the money and stress. Iā€™m really having a bad time with this.
Sponsored

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
unfortunately no matter what kind of vehicle you have, if someone wants to break in, they will. I don't store anything of value inside my vehicle for this very reason.

Sorry this happened to you buddy.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry about what happened.
Iā€™m not sure I would want to add the locking center console as I would be afraid someone would destroy it trying to get in it.

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally sucks
Sorry it happened

I've had it happen two times with other vehicles.

Police can't do much other than document it for you.

One night, my old roommate and I grabbed a case of beer, a golf club and a softball bat. We waited near the parking lot of our apartment building.
We did catch the guys. They stopped breaking into vehicles around us after that. šŸ˜†

Was about 30 years ago. Wouldn't recommend that approach today

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my bronco was broken into in a public garage while visiting friends at their home. 50 dollars stolen, some of the tools from the toolkit, a battery jumper tool I keep, some medications I take that I keep a weeks worth in the car and some of the Baja designs lenses that I had stashed in the back waiting to decide what to run.

No broken window, no broken roof ( I have a hard top. ) but it seems like they popped a door somehow.

I am mad and feel helpless, the cops didnā€™t do anything and told me to submit a report, but my stuff is just gone. Now Iā€™m looking at alarms and locking consoles and all kinds of stuff but thatā€™s another 1k or so if I get nice stuff, plus I want to add a dash cam thatā€™s always on inside and out so it can record.

I donā€™t have anyone else to talk to about this and itā€™s really got me rattled. Tips, ideas for what I can do, experiences, etc are all welcome.

I am starting to think this isnā€™t worth the money and stress. Iā€™m really having a bad time with this.
Sorry that happened to you. Many years ago our car was broken into, windows smashed and items stolen.

I learned never ever leave anything in plain site inside your vehicle. Even if it's just a bag containing worthless junk (thief doesn't know it's junk). Leaving something visible in the vehicle, is an invitation to certain type of thieves. Stay off their radar.

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

PartsForBlue

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Two Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Baja designs lenses that I had stashed in the back waiting to decide what to run.
Umm. Youā€™re surprised that this happened?

Probably best to pretend youā€™re leaving the windows down and doors unlocked, at all times, in any vehicle.

Or get a Time Machine and go back to make people vote differently such that crime is punishable again.

Last edited:

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm. Youā€™re surprised that this happened?

Probably best to pretend youā€™re leaving the windows down and doors unlocked, at all times, in any vehicle.

Or get a Time Machine and go back to make people vote differently such that crime is punishable again.
Thank you!

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford vehicles are known to have a flat head screw driver stuffed into door handle key hole and a little twist pressure to get inside. Had that happen on a Raptor pickup but they only took a loaded 15 rd mag.
Thereā€™s a kit one can buy to eliminate the key lock completely and I was already planning to find one for the bronco. I installed one of those on Raptor so if anyone tried again Iā€™m sure they were confused why it was blank.
Downside is if battery is completely dead you would have to break into your own vehicle just to pop open hood.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be worse, parked on ground floor of a parking garage about 1/4 of a block up from a main street.:
Ford Bronco Broken into in a well lit public garage 1681651990787

This one is my fav, they tried prying at the A pillar, likely how the ended up breaking the window.
Ford Bronco Broken into in a well lit public garage 1681652009866

$3,500 damage to my Mustang, all they took was a pair of cheap sunglasses and a friend's leather jacket.
Sponsored