T|K

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco hopeful
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly I think all of the speakers are important and in need of replacement, personally. If you want to attack it in stages I would think the dash would be the place to start, but all 3 don’t skip the center channel, especially if you use surround mode.
Thanks, it sounded like a lot said the kick panels don't do a ton. So many also say different speakers are the best to replace it with vs what you posted. I'd like to replace the 4" ones all over, then move to the sub, then the kick panel ones if I need to, I think.
Sponsored

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

Just wanted to contact you and let you know how much I appreciate all the work you did with the speaker/amp choices, wiring diagrams, etc..

I know you went through a lot of trial and error to get to this point and you made a lot of lives easy with this changeout. And it sounds so

much better!! Would be embarrassed if I was Ford with especially the piece of crap subwoofer that they put in the upgraded B&O System.

Just wanted to share a couple of things that helped me.

• The poly fill does help with a sharper bass, but I used spray foam to fill the port on the box and the sound is way, way better.
  • The 3’ extension elbow didn’t work in the amp for the bass control knob. It didn’t go in deep enough, but it worked well with the supplied cable coming straight out.
  • On the subwoofer I felt a bit nervous about relying on the glue to retain the woofer, but I was able to use a band saw and peanut grinder to make the plastic ring smaller.
  • Those white plastic grommeted clips are $10.00 each and I found a bag of 25 on Amazon for $7.99, and they work awesome.
Amazon.com: OAUTOO 25PCS Door Trim Panel Retainer with Sealer Replacement for Ford W713297-S300 & Tesla Model S 1025401-00-A : Automotive

Again really, really appreciate your work and generosity!

Jeff
Thanks for the link to the clips!

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is such a great post. Thank You.

Did you have to make changes in forscann? I have the 7 speaker system with sub, the package just below the BnO package. I am not as technical as you when it comes to vehicles. The idea of taking something apart and not being able to put it back and/or breaking it terrifies me and im in IT, but software. Is it possible to get a better sounding system (that is worth it) by only changing the two front dash and two pods in the rear (these seem easy to get to and switch out) without forscan updates? The bottom kicker panels and the sub seem to hard to get to and work on. And it seems like the sub requires allot of additional wiring and a new amp. Every time I read through something like this I think, "that seems amazing but I can never get the kickers and sub done myself".

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is such a great post. Thank You.

Did you have to make changes in forscann? I have the 7 speaker system with sub, the package just below the BnO package. I am not as technical as you when it comes to vehicles. The idea of taking something apart and not being able to put it back and/or breaking it terrifies me and im in IT, but software. Is it possible to get a better sounding system (that is worth it) by only changing the two front dash and two pods in the rear (these seem easy to get to and switch out) without forscan updates? The bottom kicker panels and the sub seem to hard to get to and work on. And it seems like the sub requires allot of additional wiring and a new amp. Every time I read through something like this I think, "that seems amazing but I can never get the kickers and sub done myself".
No software changes for the B&O as the amp is also a dsp. Sorry, I’m not familiar with the new non B&O sub system, but I’m pretty sure it does not have the dsp.

All of the speakers are as low end as they come. Anything off the shelf will be an upgrade for every speaker. Start with the easy ones ,it may give you confidence to tackle the others!

Sponsored

jeffac

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Speaker swap and fill the sub enclosure with poly fill. Beer money left over. (Waiting for someone to test the polyfil with stock sub, but I think it will help)
Did you by chance try sealing the port on the subwoofer box? I really liked the results. A much more solid punchy bass.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you by chance try sealing the port on the subwoofer box? I really liked the results. A much more solid punchy bass.
How can you seal it?

jeffac

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How can you seal it?

Well, you can try it out with stuffing a rag or something in there first to see if you like it. I did so I cleaned it with alcohol on the inside, then used 3" gap filler. It sticks on any surface (don't get it on your hands) and is really solid when it dries. I left it overnight before using the stereo. Someone may have a better idea for filling the port, but this was easy and gave really nice results. See link for an example of what I used. You can get it at any hardware store, or Home Depot, etc..

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...OQ2feKw2omPMJxW4kjsaAgEwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sponsored

jeffac

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes it did for me parallel wired. So it gives it 300 watts.
Sorry, meant the kicker amp for the subwoofer.
The B&O Ford amp pushes the 3 dash, 2 kicker panel, and rear roll bar speakers fine enough. It’s a crisp clean sound.

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rear Pod Speakers

As mentioned before I used Focal ACX back here. They work great to provide some much needed rear fill. These are the easiest speakers to replace. Pop the cover off by squeezing both sides and it will pop right off. Unscrew speaker, install wiring harness, reinstall. I filled the entire cavity with kilmat again. Shop manual attached.
Please explain, what does “install wiring harness” mean? I have the B&O in 2 door, and have no DIY install experience.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please explain, what does “install wiring harness” mean? I have the B&O in 2 door, and have no DIY install experience.
he's talking about the speaker wires

Screenshot 2023-04-30 074535.png

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. Link to these?

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you. Link to these?
Link to everything I used is in the first post. These actually have a description and pic from product page on Amazon, as this site blocks the link.
Sponsored