First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to say, my front bumper and winch, even though I've only used it a couple of times, when you need it, you need it. My best modification to my Bronco is my Rock Slide Step Sliders: I'm handicapped and it's a real task for me to get into my Bronco w/o the steps.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was a very interesting thread and good reads about everyone's best mods. I currently don't have any mods on my Basesquatch. I rarely drive it and only on the weekends right now, saving it for retirement. I like the idea of the performance tune although hate running premium, It costs almost a dollar more in my area. And I burn so much gas in my GTI using it as my daily commuter I don't want to spend any more on gas than I have to. The Bronco is pretty quick as it is anyway- quicker than my GTI. I can't imagine it being even quicker than it already is.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far for me it's between my full custom stereo and my air compressor.

The stereo adds greatly to my daily enjoyment, but I use the air compressor all the time.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? 1686075801188

I always keep a hat on my dash and in my F150 there is storage area top center that keeps it in place. Not so much on the Bronco and my hat always slides from side to side and I almost lost one out the door now that they are off. Not anymore.

Patent pending so don't be stealing my idea.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Performance tune is up next and will likely be the ultimate winner -- but for now, it's getting rid of the horrible wildtrack sandstone leather interior (seats, doors and center console) and truly loving my bronco every time I hop in. Can't even describe how great it is to have a simple elegant interior. I don't even mind the sandstone dash anymore now that I changed out all the other mistakes ford made. But I'm going to fix that too.
So one thing that I have noticed about the sandstone dash after parking my bronco and driving my truck for a few days is that there is not any noticeable windshield glare with the sandstone. The dark brown dash on my truck causes a serious glare on my windshield during my commute home on sunny days. I had forgotten how bad it was.

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easily the Raised Lid Cargo Enclosure from Ford Accessories. Being someone that drives topless from March to October, this is a no brainer. The obvious benefit is being able to lock tailgate and lid to prevent things from being stolen, but just as valuable is not having to worry about things blowing out of the cargo area at high speeds.

It does have some limitations but all said, well worth the cost if you're running w/o a top most of the year.

Thanks @RyanP for hooking me up!

Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? IMG_8947

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The soft top struts are a real convenience feature, but I think the best mod I have done, is add the Rock Jock track bar relocation bracket to my (minimally) lifted Badlands. Made a huge difference in overall vehicle handling.

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The soft top struts are a real convenience feature, but I think the best mod I have done, is add the Rock Jock track bar relocation bracket to my (minimally) lifted Badlands. Made a huge difference in overall vehicle handling.
Ya I might need to pick this up. Heck of a lot cheaper than a full bar. Thanks for the suggestion!

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll add so far my top mod is without a doubt my HOSS 3.0 RPG perch collar lift 3”/2.25”. It turned out great!

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, I got the tune for the 2.7 recently and it made a significant difference. Huge improvement in drivability. It accelerates more smoothly, has more low end power, and it shifts far better. It also calibrated my speedo to the new tire size (33" upgraded to 35"). It's hard to say how much the tune vs. the correct speedo change effected the MPGs, but I am getting 3 MPGs better now compared to before the tune. I was already running premium fuel in it, so that aspect didn't bother me.
Should I wait until the break in period is over to install the tune?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya I might need to pick this up. Heck of a lot cheaper than a full bar. Thanks for the suggestion!
I still wouldn't mind getting an adjustable track bar, or at least one with more flexible bushings, but relocating the bar made it almost parallel to my axle, and body roll was significantly reduced. RJ says it corrects the roll center geometry, which I am not very familiar with, but it did make a huge difference.
Sponsored