Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I question whether there's a business case when you already have the Maverick (well, coming soon), Ranger, and F150. Not sure there's a business case for the Brunko.
Clearly Jeep/Ram see a business case as they are coming out with a new Dakota. Ford had the Ranger go against the Explorer Sport Track for years. The midsize truck market left for dead a few years ago is coming back with a vengeance.

313K.C.

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I'm aware that there's a next gen conventional Ranger coming, I'd be on board with an idea of rebranding the Ford Ranger into the Bronco Ranger, now that Bronco is a sub-brand. A boxy midsize pickup with hardtop and removeable top options and work truck, on road, and off road trims.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gladiator haters...............ASSSSSEEEEEEMMMMMBLLLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!
giphy.gif
I will say this, the base Gladiator just looks terrible and the proportions just look off. Not a fan at all:
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Renderings (Single and Crew Cab) - Yay or Nay? 6a017ee6664cf9970d0263e95433bd200b-800wi

But an upgraded, lifted, modified overland Gladiator? They are kinda sexy. Of course they need a supercharger to make the engine worth it:

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Renderings (Single and Crew Cab) - Yay or Nay? 1A508F22-9337-43C2-B682-0F0F4D544A9C

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will say this, the base Gladiator just looks terrible and the proportions just look off. Not a fan at all:
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Renderings (Single and Crew Cab) - Yay or Nay? 1A508F22-9337-43C2-B682-0F0F4D544A9C

But an upgraded, lifted, modified overland Gladiator? They are kinda sexy. Of course they need a supercharger to make the engine worth it:

So box the bed out so it looks like an Jeep again and it starts looking better. Hmmm, confusing.

Sponsored

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I swear, you took everything out of my head. I hate the base models. And I shouldn't have to upgrade it for me to like it. Lol

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So box the bed out so it looks like an Jeep again and it starts looking better. Hmmm, confusing.
Yep, a nice rack system and an overland tent and it looks just right lol. I'm telling you its the proportions on this thing. The bed is way too low slung. Without some kind of rollbar, overland rack, tire rack system it just looks wrong.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clearly Jeep/Ram see a business case as they are coming out with a new Dakota. Ford had the Ranger go against the Explorer Sport Track for years. The midsize truck market left for dead a few years ago is coming back with a vengeance.
True...the Maverick is the entry level truck/urban runabout. The Ranger is your blue collar truck. The Brunko is your "lifestyle" truck. And the F150 is the luxury/fleet/electric platform truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jimmysmith3

jimmysmith3

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Renderings (Single and Crew Cab) - Yay or Nay? lada-niva-pickup-front2-mini-2

Oops wrong photo, got it confused with soviet Lada Niva sorry ?
Random thought, but I think those rims are from the Hennessey Velociraptor...

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
(From my perspective) There is no questioning how much better that truck looks than the current offering. Everything about it it more proportional. Again, I too understand why the market demands 4 doors, but it ruined the Gladiator.

I always thought the Brute conversions looked to be about the right proportion for a Wrangler truck, so I hope Ford considers a 2 door option. It would be gorgeous (hopefully).

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Renderings (Single and Crew Cab) - Yay or Nay? 7b576f38714f2f4b95eb0d980dd873c3

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think if I wanted a pickup I would go for an actual pickup (F150). What would be really cool, and some people thought it might be a possibility a while back when discussing the Bronco modular top, would be if the regular Bronco could be reconfigured into a pickup but taking the middle section of the roof out and sliding the the rear portion of the the modular top forward.

Deleted member 3063

I'm even wondering about the long term viability of the Gladiator currently being discounted as much as $9K and hearing the Dakota is coming back in 2022, sharing the Gladiator chassis. Chevy has the Bison, Ford just announced the 2021 Ranger Tremor so one might expect Dodge would feel compelled go that route as well leaving the Glads only claim to fame, the Mojave desert runner version that's saddled by it's SFA. But at around $10K more than a Bison, that does that job better, what's the point, oh, the roof comes off. The one review I read was from a Jeep fan journalist that was bragging he could set the cruise at 75mph on the highway and felt comfortable. Seriously?

A Bronco truck would be cool and relatively easy for Ford to build so maybe, but I doubt it. The Gladiators dismal sales numbers would have to get a whole lot better to tempt Ford. The Ranger is currently #2 in it's segment and knowing just how much Ford would like to have another #1 truck, possibly pulling sales from Ranger isn't going to fly in the board room.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a halfcab '73. Why not?