Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like a wet blanket in the middle.

I'm afraid to, but have you used a carwash?

Tnx.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.
Order a Anderson top or ADV depending on your preference. Sell yours when it arrives and it will nearly cover the cost of the newer higher quality top. If it truly is not a defect that affects the performance or longevity than you should feel no guilt.

Otherwise at least they should put in writing that this "cosmetic" defect is covered for the lifetime of the vehicle against failure regardless of mileage.

Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm glad mine only stays on the vehicle 5 to 6 months out of the year, 3onths at a time.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently you have never purchased anything from BestTop. It has been one year and I still have not received a replacement for the p,attic piece that is inserted into the metal brace on their shade top. Oh, they did send me a metal part that had nothing to do with my issue. Oh, and they did respond to a post I made about their product on this forum, but after their “ apology” email, I have not heard a thing.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like a wet blanket in the middle.

I'm afraid to, but have you used a carwash?

Tnx.
OP, don't answer that.

You can make another username and answer things like that anonymously if you want...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford needs to warranty that, but if there's any silver lining here it's that 2dr hard tops have almost zero value and in the absolute worst case scenario you could find a cheap replacement down the line. Mine has been sitting in a shed for all but it's first 3 months with me. If it had 4dr hard top value I would have sold it the day after removal.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it had 4dr hard top value I would have sold it the day after removal.
I'm not the only one with this opinion. After selling mine and not shelling out the $695 for the MIC I'm within $500 bucks of paying for my ADV.

Sponsored

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apparently you have never purchased anything from BestTop. It has been one year and I still have not received a replacement for the p,attic piece that is inserted into the metal brace on their shade top. Oh, they did send me a metal part that had nothing to do with my issue. Oh, and they did respond to a post I made about their product on this forum, but after their “ apology” email, I have not heard a thing.
oooof, damn that sucks... sorry to hear it!

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am shocked that your warranty claim was denied! This is not quality and no reasonable person could argue that this is acceptable. This does not meet the definition of quality!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at the latest job aid for tops and this particular anomaly was not illustrated, just the snake skin and cracks. It's possible this is being called a "characteristic" by the dealer since the job aid doesn't address this specific issue. If there was perforation, cracks or noticeable void underneath when pressing down, I'd say it would be easier to make the call. Based on other tops I've seen, this is outside of the normal variances and would call it warrantable (assuming no visible damage from impact, heat or chemicals). Dealer can contact the dealer decision group to get guidance and document well if they're concerned about a chargeback.

Buckethead

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Exp ST, ‘22 Base 2dr & ‘23 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately no pics anymore but the the top on my 2 door base had some light scuffing on the side by one window that was barely noticeable was replaced under warranty without issue.

Odd & unfortunate that you’re getting the runaround. At the end of the day dealers make money on parts/service so another dealer may be motivated to help make a warranty claim in hopes they become your future service provider. I believe dealers also have performance KPI’s around warranty claims so if your current dealer is upside down on that KPI they may be trying to correct it by pushing back on claims where possible. Again, some speculation here but the same end result - try another dealer.

Also, the small claims court approach prolly ain't going to happen. Ford won’t settle to avoid legal fees because they know that would open the flood gates.
Sponsored