First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was on the same side of town where Advanced Fiberglass Concepts is located and decided to stop in to see their aftermarket hardtop in person. I was greeted by John and he was more than happy to show the hardtop that was installed on his Bronco and share some additional insights. I was impressed to see the attention to detail and quality that is going into this aftermarket hardtop. John was able to show me cutouts of the AFC top versus, OEM and a competitor's and it was clear to see that this hard top is all quality.

I have decided to move forward with my hardtop purchase after seeing it in person and learning a lot more about the construction. John at Advanced is passionate and detailed about what they're doing and I'm happy to support this local business.

I'm posting a few photos so you can see the difference between the hardtop options that are out there.

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9141.jpg
While you were there, did you happen to notice a large number of hardtops in shipping boxes stacked up waiting to be put on pallets and shipped
Sponsored

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since you are going to be ordering a adv hard top... which I believe is a very sound decision. What is the delivery time for your new order

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Piggybacking off of this thread - I am looking at a Bronco that has the dual top package. I have zero desire or use for the MIC top.

Is there a market to sell a MIC top? What would be a fair asking price for one that was new off of your vehicle?
There's definitely a market out there for a MIC top. I would recommend checking out the "Marketplace" section on the B6G forums for an idea of what some people have them listed for, and more importantly, what they've actually sold for. I haven't looked for a MIC top, but I assume you could easily get a few thousand dollars or more for it, especially if it's "new."

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure about that, we know it's heavier and quieter from reviews but is the soundproofing just better or is it a different design?
It’s possible. The primer/paint and added reinforcement for hardware points to make the windows removable would all add weight. They could have also increased the thickness of the plastic which might increase weight and might also help with soundproofing.

For a wildcard, what if the Mod top has a different filler type or density? After all, it was originally intended to be the “upgrade” top for Bronco.

I guess we’ll have to wait for ADV to cut one up to know for sure. 😁

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Piggybacking off of this thread - I am looking at a Bronco that has the dual top package. I have zero desire or use for the MIC top.

Is there a market to sell a MIC top? What would be a fair asking price for one that was new off of your vehicle?

Probably $4-$5,000

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Paging @Ducati1098 he might have more details on the mod top construction
Unfortunately I don’t have any information on the MOD tops. I would assume it’s constructed differently, but that’s just a guess.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably $4-$5,000
Yeah kind of surprised by the prices I am seeing on the marketplace here. I was expecting $1500-2,000.

I'd be happier than a pig in shit with $4k.

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah kind of surprised by the prices I am seeing on the marketplace here. I was expecting $1500-2,000.

I'd be happier than a pig in shit with $4k.
Right.

I personally would not pay more than $2,500, when there are far superior products on the market.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right.

I personally would not pay more than $2,500, when there are far superior products on the market.
I figured $2,495 because thats what the option cost me. Maybe call it $2,850 to cover tax. Anything above that is living.

I just have no want for the MIC top, so might as well get it to someone who desires it.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right.

That is true, however they are considerably higher in price. For someone who wants a hardtop but doesn’t want aftermarket, I think lots of folks would pay a few thousand as it’s half the price (roughly) of some of the aftermarket options. Especially if they don’t plan on keeping the Bronco for several years.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I figured $2,495 because thats what the option cost me. Maybe call it $2,850 to cover tax. Anything above that is living.

I just have no want for the MIC top, so might as well get it to someone who desires it.
honestly you should list it at $5500 and take no less than $4500 on it. People are still paying $5k plus soft top in some cases.

And while ADV may be better quality, it’s not really available in any meaningful way; do we have more than 1-2 forum members who even have the top yet?

So your current market competition is offering $6k + long, hard-to-define wait time

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, but $7000 better? That’s for you to decide. I also hate the slant back. If I get in an accident maybe I push for it, but I don’t see many who have a MIC upgrading but happy the aftermarket is giving us options

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, but $7000 better? That’s for you to decide. I also hate the slant back. If I get in an accident maybe I push for it, but I don’t see many who have a MIC upgrading.
Well, outside of a couple “influencers” getting an ADV top, nobody here has. Hard to gauge the soft top to MIC ratio. But definitely more soft top folks seem to be going the ADV route. I think more MIC top users will go that route if/when their current top has issues.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, outside of a couple “influencers” getting an ADV top, nobody here has. Hard to gauge the soft top to MIC ratio. But definitely more soft top folks seem to be going the ADV route. I think more MIC top users will go that route if/when their current top has issues.
I was in that situation, buy a new bronco with the hard top or pay $7k for an aftermarket hard top. Essentially I had $7k in depreciation to work with but also get a brand new 0 mile bronco. I opted to sell and buy new. Lost about $3k (but got 16 months and 12k miles of use) so way less than buying an ADV hard top on my soft top bronco and pickup my reservation bronco (that came with hard top) when it finally arrived in spring. That’s the choice a lot of soft top owners may be making.
Sponsored