richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang, that's about as far south as you can get in the lower 48! Looks like pretty cool country down there.
Yes sir only downside is 90+ temperatures 85% of the year lol.
Sponsored

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
That is exactly how I feel. In the beginning of this production you can see all the plastic looked wonderful. It looked black it looked clean and shiny like it had some fresh tire wet on it. Review the photos and in many of them the plastic that is black looks great but then assembled and in the final picture the top looks like shit. Like you said it looks faded it looks old it doesn’t look like it’s going to hold up from the sun or keep me happy looking at it like. Will it chalk up like the other ford plastic or maybe worse, the Chevy avalanche plastic. I don’t even think a fresh out of dealership ceramic coating on that plastic would help it look nicer. C’mon ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver A56670C7-4772-45DD-AF01-8BD73F9C68B0

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from looking at the videos from the broncos running the rubicon and such. The Sasquatch had wide fender flares similar to the white one here. The white bronco looks to have wider flares than the base bronco. Are there 3 different flares with one being wider than what is shown on the white bronco? Could be the angle but those tires on the white bronco look smaller than the 33s let alone the 35s on sasquatch.

edit: Now that I look at my wallpaper of my computer :p the sasquatch seems to have even wider flairs. Would be interesting to see in person

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would look even better if all the other trim was gray instead of black. I think it looks crappy to have a gray roof and black everything else. Make the top black, body colored or white but gray gives it a 3rd color that looks mismatched to me
..We really don't know if these are the true handles and other,pieces that they are showing...these are throw away vehicles...Ford may not be putting correct stuff on these vehicles...before we go crazy throwing stuff away...and painting everything,lets wait until a production model,a customers model is shown...

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. Just when I thought I could live with the gray top I see pictures like this and I cringe. I want to like it because it's hard for me to justify the $1,900 it will cost to get Black. I just hope it won't cost as much on the two door because they come with a hard top anyways.
I wonder if the painted top is made out of a different material or if it’s the same. If it’s the same material it would probably be cheaper to paint it yourself or take it to a shop.

Sponsored

Scottrj12

Big Bend
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The $1,900 upgrade to the black top is not just color change, right? It also has a functionality difference compared to the MIC grey? Just curious why people don’t think the upgrade is worth it.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

Pre-faded for you. Just like prewashsd jeans. ;)

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would look even better if all the other trim was gray instead of black. I think it looks crappy to have a gray roof and black everything else. Make the top black, body colored or white but gray gives it a 3rd color that looks mismatched to me
Agreed.
My point was simply that CG color doesn’t collide with the gray top as some other colors seem to. Of course the trim would have to match the top.

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re also paying for the modularity (making multiple parts is more expensive and more inventory and assembly). It’s also coming with the pop out windows on the 2-door. Whether that’s worth $2k, I don’t know. But it’s definitely not just a paint job.
That’s very true. There IS value to the modular hardtop, mostly what you mentioned, plus the sound deadning and insulation. I think for a base budget buy, it’s worth the consideration. But once you’re up in a 4 door badlands adding Sasquatch and lux, I don’t think a $2K upgrading will be a determining factor.

Sponsored

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's almost like there is a true black roof you can buy that will look so much better.... Oh wait it costs $1900 more.... I wonder why Ford did this? But seriously, your right, they ought to call this color Sun Fade Gray.
Sun F***ed gray would be a great name for this roof.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree, the gray MIC top is one of the very few things I do not like about the Bronco. I am hoping when build page comes out, there is an option for a white top. If not, from these pictures, it looks like the surface texture is smooth enough that it might be able to wrap just the top in white?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The $1,900 upgrade to the black top is not just color change, right? It also has a functionality difference compared to the MIC grey? Just curious why people don’t think the upgrade is worth it.
Because there is mixed information about the two door Modular Hardtop's features. It was initially said that two and four door modular tops would have removable side glass, but the most recent information states that there is only the circular hatch in the clamshell on the two door.

A lot of two door buyers are interested in the removable glass and the color change, but not so interested in paying that much for the hatch and no removable glass.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..We really don't know if these are the true handles and other,pieces that they are showing...these are throw away vehicles...Ford may not be putting correct stuff on these vehicles...before we go crazy throwing stuff away...and painting everything,lets wait until a production model,a customers model is shown...
Totally agree. I'm trying to be optimistic, which is tough sometimes. Hoping for the best but I'm already making a mental checklist of things to get wrapped if this is indeed what shows up at my dealer next "spring"

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed.
My point was simply that CG color doesn’t collide with the gray top as some other colors seem to. Of course the trim would have to match the top.
I would be ok with a gray top and gray trim with my CG Badlands. First choice is white though.
Sponsored