Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Note: TSB warranty coverage language warranty “coverage limits are determined by the identified casual part”
Does this mean if Tech determines aftermarket mod caused P051B, repair not covered under warranty?
No. It means coverage depends on what part failed. In this case the causal part # RECALEM for engine module recalibration. The dealership runs that "part number" under warranty coverage to verify if it does have coverage or not.

However, if you have aftermarket parts installed causing the specific concern, there is a good chance it will NOT be covered under warranty.
Sponsored

SasquatchMI

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. It means coverage depends on what part failed. In this case the causal part # RECALEM for engine module recalibration. The dealership runs that "part number" under warranty coverage to verify if it does have coverage or not.

However, if you have aftermarket parts installed causing the specific concern, there is a good chance it will NOT be covered under warranty.
Agreed
A Very Good Chance that the repair becomes a customer pay if Tech sees aftermarket mod and determines the mod caused the P051B

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any update on this issue, 2023 Bronco ibx with the 2.7L - got a CEL after installing the dual can setup from Mishimotom, same P051B code as others. have read all 13 pages of this thread and sortve seensim stuck with a 400$ part and now with another 15$ ontop to buy a hose to fix it myself and the removal time of a product. might be the last time i buy mishimoto. i sent an email today see if they respond promptly.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any update on this issue, 2023 Bronco ibx with the 2.7L - got a CEL after installing the dual can setup from Mishimotom, same P051B code as others. have read all 13 pages of this thread and sortve seensim stuck with a 400$ part and now with another 15$ ontop to buy a hose to fix it myself and the removal time of a product. might be the last time i buy mishimoto. i sent an email today see if they respond promptly.
Did you read the part where this code is a common problem on 2023 2.7 Broncos and Ford released a PCM reprogram that will more than likely fix it?

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you read the part where this code is a common problem on 2023 2.7 Broncos and Ford released a PCM reprogram that will more than likely fix it?
Yes but also read, alot of people who simple removed it and went back to stock didn't have an issue, I was hoping more mishimoto fixing the problem since I would kike to be able to use the part I put on. Also if I goto ford would I be covered under warranty with a catch can connected to the motor?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes but also read, alot of people who simple removed it and went back to stock didn't have an issue, I was hoping more mishimoto fixing the problem since I would like to be able to use the part I put on.
Stock broncos have the problem just as much as ones with the Mishimoto kit, which leads me to believe it’s a Ford programming issue like the information they released.

Also if I goto ford would I be covered under warranty with a catch can connected to the motor?
Probably depends on your dealer. If they know it’s a common issue, they shouldn’t even need to open the hood. They’ll just reprogram it and be done. If they open the hood it’ll potentially be an issue though, so you’re better off just removing it temporarily. Shouldn’t be a big deal if you want it fixed.

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stock broncos have the problem just as much as ones with the Mishimoto kit, which leads me to believe it’s a Ford programming issue like the information they released.

Probably depends on your dealer. If they know it’s a common issue, they shouldn’t even need to open the hood. They’ll just reprogram it and be done. If they open the hood it’ll potentially be an issue though, so you’re better off just removing it temporarily. Shouldn’t be a big deal if you want it fixed.
I'll just order the hose to make sure

SasquatchMI

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your best option in my opinion
I removed Mishimoto CCV side hoses and went back to OEM CCV hose and P051B code has not returned
I’ve gone over 2,000 miles since the swap back to OEM

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @JuztQu3zt - Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Too bad you are not closer to Delaware. We are still searching for a local 2023 2.7L EcoBoost Bronco so we can further investigate this issue. If you happen to know anyone in the TriState area, please connect them with me.

- John

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took my bronco to ford today they updated the pcm , with the catch cans on now eveeything is good

Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took my bronco to ford today they updated the pcm , with the catch cans on now eveeything is good
That's good to hear. I'm getting mine done on the 13th. Hopefully it will fix the issue with a different code but also associated with the CCV system because of the edition of Injen CAI. I will have to pay for it, because not throwing the code of the TSB.🤞 If it works, I suppose I should be able to go back to the dual can.🫤

Jamoroo34

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Jimny
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @JuztQu3zt - Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Too bad you are not closer to Delaware. We are still searching for a local 2023 2.7L EcoBoost Bronco so we can further investigate this issue. If you happen to know anyone in the TriState area, please connect them with me.

- John
@Mishimoto John, I am located near DC and recently bought a 2023 Badlands 2.7L. Feel free to reach out.

Last edited:

Jamoroo34

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Jimny
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the mentioned Service Bulletin fix the potential issue on the CCV side and will the Ford Dealership run the reprogramming even if I dont have the CEL/or associated code? I havent installed my Mishimoto dual catch can set up and wanted to see if anyone knew, before i return it :(
Sponsored