First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From all I've heard, these new 2.7 gen 2 Nano's are dual port injected. They have no need for a catch can set up.
I have a 22 wildtrak and would have to say that I beg to differ on yhe need for catch cans. This is a picture from the ccv side as I haven't checked the pcv side yet after only 2500 miles.

20230429_130047.jpg

20230429_130130.jpg
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 wildtrak and would have to say that I beg to differ on yhe need for catch cans. This is a picture from the ccv side as I haven't checked the pcv side yet after only 2500 miles.

Ford Bronco Nothing in catch can? 20230429_130130

Ford Bronco Nothing in catch can? 20230429_130130
You are more likely to find additional oil on the PCV side. I don't think anybody NEEDS catch cans but they do what they are intended to do. Note that as your engine wears, blow by increases...no one with low mileage on the Bronco should be getting a lot of oil out of their catch cans yet (either side).

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have ran catch cans on other vehicles. As I looked into this for my 2.7 Bronco, I wondered why FORD did not make a catch can for the 2.7 but did for the 2.3 After some research I found the answer.

So, my 21 GT500 has a catch can. My GT350 had one as well. I ran them on my 5.0 F150, and also all were modified. It seems that a can on the 2.7 can help, but is not a need as it is on the 2.3. If Ford is not making a can for the 2.7 that tells me a lot.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have ran catch cans on other vehicles. As I looked into this for my 2.7 Bronco, I wondered why FORD did not make a catch can for the 2.7 but did for the 2.3 After some research I found the answer.

So, my 21 GT500 has a catch can. My GT350 had one as well. I ran them on my 5.0 F150, and also all were modified. It seems that a can on the 2.7 can help, but is not a need as it is on the 2.3. If Ford is not making a can for the 2.7 that tells me a lot.
With the 2.7 and the design of the fuel injection Ford doesn't think it's necessary to add a catch can because there's very little likelihood of deposits forming on the valves. Although that might be true, there is still the issue of whatever oil mist that makes its way into the combustion chamber (even if it's diluted) to impact octane rating. The 2.7 is already sensitive to octane rating, which is why peak horsepower is gained by running premium, and any oil that makes its way into the chamber is going to reduce not only octane rating but also the efficiency of the burn. With the sheer number of people that buy frivolous mall crawler things that cost way more and do way less, in my humble opinion I don't think spending 400 bucks for a dual can setup is wasted money...

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While the 2.7 having port and direct injection doesn't mean you need a catch can to keep deposits on the valves down, it will keep your valvetrain and intake tract cleaner not having as much oil vapor flying around. Also remember that the intercooler is a low spot in the intake tract so oil will tend to accumulate in there.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Catch cans, split fire spark plugs same thing different decade.