Sponsored

Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers)

Bwillford

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello, I love the aggressive look of the stock 315/70R17 Goodyear Territory MT tires, but can not stand the amount of rocks it flings. I only have 1,800 miles, 99% on highway so far and already have two nice rock chips in my paint. I want to replace them and would love suggestions. I want to retain the "aggressive" look of the stock MT tires but with something that picks up far less rocks. I live in MI and most of my driving will be on highway and gravel roads with both rain and snow driving. I appreciate any suggestions as I am new at buying tires and have no experience. :)

My tire wish list:
1. Picks up and flings almost no rocks (I understand that with an AT or MT tire I will pick up some rocks)
2. Has an "aggressive" look (I know this may be subjective)
3. Good for mostly highway and gravel roads (rain and snow)
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers) gy_wrangler_territory_mt_altbw_full
Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When mine go bad I will be looking at GY Durtrac or Ultratrain form Discount Tire.

I decided I didn't want rock chip either, so I put on a set of mud flaps. I can take them off pretty fast when I want to go out and play on the rocks and mud.

The mud flaps keeps the side pretty clean as well.

Mud Flaps

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello, I love the aggressive look of the stock 315/70R17 Goodyear Territory MT tires, but can not stand the amount of rocks it flings. I only have 1,800 miles, 99% on highway so far and already have two nice rock chips in my paint. I want to replace them and would love suggestions. I want to retain the "aggressive" look of the stock MT tires but with something that picks up far less rocks. I live in MI and most of my driving will be on highway and gravel roads with both rain and snow driving. I appreciate any suggestions as I am new at buying tires and have no experience. :)

My tire wish list:
1. Picks up and flings almost no rocks (I understand that with an AT or MT tire I will pick up some rocks)
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers) gy_wrangler_territory_mt_altbw_full
Recommend finding the tires you want online and then having discount price match. Just paid $268 for K02s. I think discount wanted about $100 more each tire on their website.

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
BFG KO2, Toyo Open Country, Nitto Recon or Ridge Grapplers. All throw less rocks :) just try to stay in Load C or D to keep them on the lighter side. E-rated tires can get heavy.

OP
OP
Bwillford

Bwillford

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When mine go bad I will be looking at GY Durtrac or Ultratrain form Discount Tire.

I decided I didn't want rock chip either, so I put on a set of mud flaps. I can take them off pretty fast when I want to go out and play on the rocks and mud.

The mud flaps keeps the side pretty clean as well.

Mud Flaps
Thanks! I already have a set of mud flaps and the rocks still found their way around them.

OP
OP
Bwillford

Bwillford

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco came with Grappler Recon. Im so impressed with them. I would highly recommend Rokblokz, maybe the best accessory.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers) IMG_6768

Thanks! I already have ROKBLOKZ installed and the rocks still found a way around them.

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
+1 for the Toyo Open Country AT IIIs. Swapped the GYs out for them less than 12 hours after delivery. Have them on my ZR2 Bison as well. Great tire.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My tire wish list:
The day I bought my bronco, I ordered a set of BF goodrich, all-terrain tires. Even though they’re load range E they ride just as smooth as those crappy Goodyears, they throw no rocks, and they look so much better, in my opinion, with the raised white letters. I use these tires on my heavy duty trucks and they also last for 75,000 miles with no issues.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers) IMG_9536

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bwillford

Bwillford

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BFG KO2, Toyo Open Country, Nitto Recon or Ridge Grapplers. All throw less rocks :) just try to stay in Load C or D to keep them on the lighter side. E-rated tires can get heavy.
I know K02s are popular but I have read that they might still throw rocks more than the others on your the list. Do you have any experience with them?

fp11

Black Diamond
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco came with Grappler Recon. Im so impressed with them. I would highly recommend Rokblokz, maybe the best accessory.

Are those 35/12.5R17? What lift did you use? Who’s the mileage? Any rubbing issues? I’m thinking of going 285/75/R17 because I thought they would make the steelies look small but they look great on yours

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know K02s are popular but I have read that they might still throw rocks more than the others on your the list. Do you have any experience with them?
They will throw more rocks that the Ridge Grapplers but they throw 90% less than those damn Goodyears lol. I have had them both and have the KO2s now like the poster above.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers) IMG_1641

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Going to be impossible to find a lighter 315/70R17 than factory rock throwers. It's the lightest available.

Load C 315/70R17:
52 lbs OEM Goodyear Wrangler Territory
62 lbs BFG KO2
66 lbs Toyo Open Country AT III
67 lbs Nitto Recon Grappler AT
71 lbs Falken WildPeak AT3W
Sponsored