First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think when production capacity is limited and Ford is forced to chose between Ranger and Bronco the Ranger will be their focus. Truck segment vs niche off-roader. Their plans of 200,000 units is and always was a marketing fantasy if they never had a dedicated facility just for Bronco
No ! It's hard to find a ranger pickup , lots of overpriced Broncos on dealer lots
Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

Ford also needs to crack down on straight up shitty dealers that can't seem to fix problems. The dealer I bought mine from didn't charge me markup, but refused to address a *safety* issue that was covered under warranty in under six weeks. Friends are out of their broncos for nearly 3 months due to dealership fuckery, with no loaners because Ford refuses to let dealers stock any spares due to "supply chain issues".

I adore my bronco, I really do. but fuck Ford corporate sideways with a cactus, my next vehicle is a Toyota.
It sounds crazy that Ford dealers are so backed up that owners are waiting weeks to months to get their rig fixed. Meanwhile, the not Ford dealer I work for, pushes us to crank out all the appointments same day. Course Ford has a much larger fleet compared to Honda's 8 rig lineup.

6010Head

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Jeep Jk Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love what the Bronco was years ago and I love Ford powerplants, driving my 2.3 7 speed 2dr is a blast. But do I think the current Bronco has a reputation for being a long lasting rugged vehicle? Well perception is a huge part of this decline in sales, are people who are on the fence about spending a lot of cash on something they must depend on going to pick something that may lose steering on the trail or blow up a cv axle. I think Ford can salvage Broncos reputation but it may take some very creative thinking as well as a very robust vehicle to do it. I for one would love to see a 5.0 in a F150 size 2 door Bronco again, I guarantee that would sell like hot cakes. Beating Jeep at their own game will always be a tough challenge. Ford can do it, but they have to believe it first.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love what the Bronco was years ago and I love Ford powerplants, driving my 2.3 7 speed 2dr is a blast. But do I think the current Bronco has a reputation for being a long lasting rugged vehicle? Well perception is a huge part of this decline in sales, are people who are on the fence about spending a lot of cash on something they must depend on going to pick something that may lose steering on the trail or blow up a cv axle. I think Ford can salvage Broncos reputation but it may take some very creative thinking as well as a very robust vehicle to do it. I for one would love to see a 5.0 in a F150 size 2 door Bronco again, I guarantee that would sell like hot cakes. Beating Jeep at their own game will always be a tough challenge. Ford can do it, but they have to believe it first.
So your saying all the smoke Mike Levine blew did not work?

Sponsored

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think Ford should advertise the Bronco more. Ive seen it included with other Ford vehicles, but the full size Bronco should definitely have its own ad. They need more influencers on YouTube driving their products. That might be tough because most of the Jeepers are set in their ways and they get the most views. Rock crawling is what gets views on YouTube. Many of them used the Bronco to get views when it first came out and said how great it was, but later bashed it to appease their subscribers. I definitely saw that coming;) It will be interesting to see what Ford does with a refresh.

I think Ford is definitely paying the price from some of the negative press (some is legit and some not). Hopefully many of the bugs are worked out with the refresh and there are a few more hardtop options. Ultimately the Bronco needs to prove itself as a tough and reliable platform that they can trust like the F150 with trucks.

It takes time. The competition has been out for decades. The new Broncos have only been out for literally 3 years.

If Ford really wants buyers now they need to do something “big” with the Bronco very soon. V8 and they will come! Differentiate from the masses!!

It doesn’t have to be a 5.0. Think smaller peppy little V8.
Why advertise something you can't build? Quality is their problem. This is the 4th model year of the Bronco and they are still having the same issues. My Heritage was built on 2/5 and just delivered to my dealer on 4/4. It sat 2 months at the plant and when I went in to look at it I found chips in the painted top. These chips are very noticable on the white top. The plant shipped it to the dealer this way. How do you do that? Someone saw this. My Bronco was at the plant sitting for 2 months and obviously they didn't repair the top. So now I'm waiting for the dealer to fix the top before I take delivery.

Ford will never produce more than Jeep or Toyota. How is it that Jeep can give you a painted top & wheel flares in any color and Ford can't produce just one color? If you remember, Ford promised a painted black top option for year two which never happened. This is a 4 year old vehicle now and things are no better now than day one.

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My own personal opinion is that Ford's problem with the Bronco comes down to five things.

• Ford
  • Price is too high for what you get
  • Too many variants
  • Little control of dealers who are crazy stupid with their ADM
  • Ford

Again just my opinion.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you forgetting, in 2020, Ford was projecting Bronco sales of 200,000 plus per year?

Their plans of 200,000 units is and always was a marketing fantasy if they never had a dedicated facility just for Bronco
The 200,000 Broncos number they referenced included ALL Bronco named vehicles .... which includes the Sport and other Bronco branded vehicles yet to come, and last I heard, they are still coming trough.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bronco is way overpriced given the current market and interest rates. They need to roll back the MSRP increases from the past two years.

Sponsored

Angry_Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2015 Fusion (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not an issue of interest rates. It is more an issue of affordability and I mean having a base option to get people into Bronco's. Inflation(?) has increased the base price of my 22 badlands by ~$4500. Cost has gone up in every country that makes parts for the Bronco and, Ford has to handle those price impacts by having a lower cost/content option or making less profit per sale to increase sales. ADM is a crime and anyone who pays any ADM is an idiot and propagates dealers to keep having ADM. If everyone walked out of those dealerships, they would not sell any vehicles and would need to offer discounts to move products off the lot.
Don't forget Ford is using profits from Ford Blue to pump into Ford Model e. Every F-150 lightning is a loss of $33,000! Every vehicle sold has to fill this delta so Ford can make money for shareholders.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Adding a data point: in a 25mile radius search, as Spring approaches there are currently 30% used Bronco in the listings versus new. I suppose that part of that would be leases rolling off.
I don't have a recent manufacturer launch to compare against, so I don't know if that's significant or not.

Reactions: DEC

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you remember, Ford promised a painted black top option for year two which never happened. This is a 4 year old vehicle now and things are no better now than day one.
How about all of those Mod Tops we were all drooling over in 2020?
That might have been the painted option as well, I can't totally recall , there have been so many changes with the top plans ...you would have received a smooth shiny Black Mod Top instead of a grey MIC.
Pop out windows and turret gunner hole!!!!

Feels like there would have been three options....
  • Soft Top
  • MIC
  • Mod Top in Black
hints at other color (body color) options as well, which of course never came to be.

Can you order a White Heritage? LOL
That would be awesome !!!! Basking in its OJ-centric glory!!!

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
For us our 10/21 order wasn't built in 22/23' and we lost our price protection on a 4 Dr OB. After finding out the same vehicle re-ordered in 24' would be almost $6k more I told them to pound sand and bought a new 4Runner.

Yes it has rear cup holders!

Owning both a 23' 2 dr Bronco and a 23' 4runner(our 5th) I can say the Bronco is more fun but the Toyota has the quality.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ADM is a crime and anyone who pays any ADM is an idiot and propagates dealers to keep having ADM.
LOL, I've been looking into trading the 4 door off on a Subie Outback .... for the wife, she just isn't taking to the Bronco, too big, I still have my 2dr (NOT FOR SALE!) .... the sales manager made a special trip over to make sure I wasn't one of those who paid an ADM and HAS to get out from under it and is MAJORLY upside down.

No dude I'm fine, I bought it at Granger with the Grange-tober special.

FWIW, in reality, the boring as hell OB is a far better daily driver and trying to compare trim levels, the Bronco is at a minimum $10,000 more at every level.
But again Outback = yawwwwnnnnnn.

Also, FWIW, Base vs Mid trim Badlands ..... I love and hate the Mid pkg at the same time. There are a few things I like, but in the end, the tech has issues.
I'll just add heated seats to my Base and be happy as shit.
Sponsored