Sponsored

What body color looks best with black painted top?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am assuming that we will not be able to order a white top. If that turns out to be the case, I am going to get the painted black top. What bottom color do you think looks best with the black painted top (I know it's a personal preference-still want to know your thoughts). Also, which color do you think is a huge mistake to put with the painted black top?
Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am assuming that we will not be able to order a white top. If that turns out to be the case, I am going to get the painted black top. What bottom color do you think looks best with the black painted top (I know it's a personal preference-still want to know your thoughts). Also, which color do you think is a huge mistake to put with the painted black top?
i don't know if its a huge mistake to add black top to any but colors close enough that will clash may be AMB maybe the carbonized gray? ... but kinda hard to say. All other colors, black is going to look normal. If i had to pick today color combo, Velocity blue with a white MIC top if its available at launch (CMON YOU SAID YOU'RE LISTENING FORD!!!!). Otherwise, I am going to be trying to see how i can get my top painted/wrapped to be white anyway cuz Ford is a bunch of idiots not thinking white top at launch would sell like $5 superbowl tickets.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm all in for a Wildtrak and my opinion is that the black top with AMB is going to look amazing. Out of the sun it will be close to a match and when the sun hits it and the metallic shows it will really pop.

My Dad's truck a Velocity Blue F-150 is a little light for me even though it has an amazing amount of flake to it. The black accents on his truck don't look bad but I worry that the whole top in black might not match well it.

Though that might be all in vain. I'm not a fan of Ford matching the interior colors to the badges and if the Wildtrak is red I will have to abandon my blue streak and go with Race Red. Which would absolutely go great with a black top.

Ford spoiled me with a Lightning Blue Mustang and these seats/stitching. So my Bronco exterior has to match what's going on inside as well.

Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? MustangDriverSeat
Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? MustangRearSeats

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm all in for a Wildtrak and my opinion is that the black top with AMB is going to look amazing. Out of the sun it will be close to a match and when the sun hits it and the metallic shows it will really pop.

My Dad's truck a Velocity Blue F-150 is a little light for me even though it has an amazing amount of flake to it. The black accents on his truck don't look bad but I worry that the whole top in black might not match well it.

Though that might be all in vain. I'm not a fan of Ford matching the interior colors to the badges and if the Wildtrak is red I will have to abandon my blue streak and go with Race Red. Which would absolutely go great with a black top.

Ford spoiled me with a Lightning Blue Mustang and these seats/stitching. So my Bronco exterior has to match what's going on inside as well.

I actually think the shadow black accents will help tone down Velocity blue in a good way. And that's going to be the combo I go with.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i don't know if its a huge mistake to add black top to any but colors close enough that will clash may be AMB maybe the carbonized gray? ... but kinda hard to say. All other colors, black is going to look normal. If i had to pick today color combo, Velocity blue with a white MIC top if its available at launch (CMON YOU SAID YOU'RE LISTENING FORD!!!!). Otherwise, I am going to be trying to see how i can get my top painted/wrapped to be white anyway cuz Ford is a bunch of idiots not thinking white top at launch would sell like $5 superbowl tickets.
I think AMB looks great with a black top! If you want to see the color combos go to the 4 door colorizer on Ford.com. They have the wildtrak where you can pick through all the colors. The only one I dont love is Oxford white. With the black top it gives me Range Rover vibes which I am not going for.

Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? 1602528808255

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think AMB looks great with a black top! If you want to see the color combos go to the 4 door colorizer on Ford.com. They have the wildtrak where you can pick through all the colors. The only one I dont love is Oxford white. With the black top it gives me Range Rover vibes which I am not going for.

that color is not accurate

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually think the shadow black accents will help tone down Velocity blue in a good way. And that's going to be the combo I go with.
Don't get me wrong it's not going to look bad at all, just my opinion a full black painted top with the Velocity Blue will be overpowering. Hence my desire to go with the AMB which will in certain light and angles nearly match perfectly.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
MY FEELINGS EEEEXXXXAAACCCTTTLLLYYY!!!!

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that color is not accurate
It is and it isn't. We've seen multiple renders of AMB but we have also seen real life photos of it. F150 walk around, photo inside the plant, gas cans... etc. Depending on lighting and angle it can look similar to this.

Sponsored

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AMB is much darker in person, and it very nearly looks black in certain lighting situations. Hence the concerns about it “clashing” with a painted black top.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is just my lowly opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I see the painted hard-top more practical for those who are never going to take off the top. If you do plan on having quite a bit of open-air fun, I would not option for the painted top and stick with the MIC. It is going to be a lot more expensive to replace the painted top as well. One little bump, drop, or something sliding across the black paint, and it's going to stand out like an eyesore or crack it in the worst case scenario. Coming from someone with a tuxedo black F-150, it doesn't take long before your perfect black paint looks like scratch and swirl city. That is just my .02.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like kind of a personal preference thing really. To me, I would probably hate AMB with a painted black top. I also hate AMB with a MIC top... White is the only viable top color for AMB. Not sure this helped.
Very true. I have no desire to get a white top, but think the black will be perfect with the AMB pictures I have seen which are decidedly darker than the colorizer.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am a bit old school in my ways of viewing color combos.

Any bright color IMO will look really good with the black top. Rapid red, Race Red, School Bus Yellow(cyber organge) and even Velocity Blue.

Colors that will look good with it, Black Carbonized Grey, Oxford White ( Boring combo IMO)

Colors that I think will look terrible with it, Cactus Grey, Area 51 and Anti Matter blue. I just don't think cactus grey or Area 51 will look good with black, I think it would just look odd and Antimatter blue is to dark of a blue to contrast with black
Sponsored