RMKRubicon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '95 YJ. Former: '08 JKR, '99 LC100,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may jump in on this because my local dealer, Glenwood Springs Ford, told me that "Ford is not honoring X-Plan" but they'll be happy to sell me a Bronco at sticker price. I still have to check Columbine Ford in Rifle to see if they will honor X-Plan.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hoffmanity,

Steer clear of Phil Long Ford (either location). I switched to Mike Naughton in Aurora. They do X-Plan and have no ADM. Would go to Iowa, but want to try locally first. I do have until the end of January 2021 if necessary.
If you already switched dealers once, there has been no confirmation that you'll be allowed to do so a second time.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may jump in on this because my local dealer, Glenwood Springs Ford, told me that "Ford is not honoring X-Plan" but they'll be happy to sell me a Bronco at sticker price. I still have to check Columbine Ford in Rifle to see if they will honor X-Plan.
I call bullsh!t on that. They're either wrong or are blaming Ford for a decision they made not to honor X-Plan, which they have the right to do. Everything we've heard/seen suggests Ford will offer X-Plan on most, if not all, Bronco trims. If they're wrong, they're not very well informed. If they're lying, the result is the same IMO:

Bail on them and find an intelligent, trustworthy dealer.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you already switched dealers once, there has been no confirmation that you'll be allowed to do so a second time.
Apples,
At time of order you have to pick the dealer. I would think this means that you could possibly change at that point and make it final. I am not, but others may have to go that route.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Apples,
At time of order you have to pick the dealer. I would think this means that you could possibly change at that point and make it final. I am not, but others may have to go that route.
That's contrary to everything we've been told at this point. Per @Granger Ford and others, when the order banks open, they'll be reaching out to each reservation holder to finalize and convert their order. The reservation holder doesn't have control over this process.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, agree with Apples on this: (1) You choose your dealership when you make the reservation; (2) You can switch dealerships one time; (3) You have until October 31st to switch.

There are a lot of rumors on this forum about the date-to-switch being moved out and being able to switch more than once, but NONE of those rumors have been confirmed, and you have to take everything you read on here from anonymous sources with a grain of salt. Yes, I realize I fall into that category.

If you have a reservation previous to October 1 and want to switch to Granger, you can still do that by calling Ford to transfer your reservation and get the $1K below Invoice + X-Plan deal.

If you have a reservation for October and want to switch to Granger, you can still do that by calling Ford to transfer your reservation and get the $2K below Invoice deal.

If you have a reservation that doesn't mesh with these dates (not in Oct but want the $2K deal, or in October and want the $1K plus X-Plan deal), you can cancel your current reservation and make a new one with Granger now (for the Oct $2K deal) or after October (for the $1K plus X-Plan deal, unless they take that off the table on November 1st). Be aware that these last two choices - canceling and making a new reservation - may delay your delivery, so I highly recommend you call Granger first to discuss if you have any questions at all about these choices.

If any of this is incorrect, please feel free to set me straight, folks!

Last edited:

RMKRubicon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '95 YJ. Former: '08 JKR, '99 LC100,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call bullsh!t on that. They're either wrong or are blaming Ford for a decision they made not to honor X-Plan, which they have the right to do. Everything we've heard/seen suggests Ford will offer X-Plan on most, if not all, Bronco trims. If they're wrong, they're not very well informed. If they're lying, the result is the same IMO:

Bail on them and find an intelligent, trustworthy dealer.
Yup, that's why I'm reaching out to the next closest dealer(s). If nobody in CO wants to honor X-Plan, I'll happily give my business to Granger.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, that's why I'm reaching out to the next closest dealer(s). If nobody in CO wants to honor X-Plan, I'll happily give my business to Granger.
Same here. Gave up on all of New Mexico and Arizona. Either the Granger Colorado group buy or the Texas group buy is gonna save me. Either way, I'm driving 5+ hours.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just figured I'd put this out there for the Colorado folks here. I've spent a little time just trying to track down credit union interest rates for auto loans and think I've exhausted at least the Denver area.

First things first, eligibility to join some of the credit unions is a little bit opaque, but it looks like if you sign up to be a member of the Consumers United Association, that allows membership in a whole slew of credit unions. To join, it's $5 for a one year membership or $25 for lifetime membership.

So, I went through all of those, and then a couple more that seemed to have the ability for somewhat general membership (as opposed to some tied specifically to employers, etc.), and here are what seem to be the best options that I've found. For the sake of this list, I'm only including rates for 48 months or more since Ford financing might have sub 2.0% rates for 36 month terms.

Navy Federal -- 2.19% @ 60 months (must be former military or a family member of someone who was and is currently a member)

Aurora Federal Credit Union -- 2.50% if you put 20% down @ 48 months, 2.60% if you put 20% down at 60 months, and 2.85% if you only put 10% down for anything up to 72 months, 2.95% if you put nothing down for anything up to 72 months

White Crown Federal Credit Union -- 2.84% @ 48 months

Metrum Community Credit Union -- 2.89% @ 84 months

I thought this would be helpful as we get closer to actual time of purchase.

Chris

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just figured I'd put this out there for the Colorado folks here. I've spent a little time just trying to track down credit union interest rates for auto loans and think I've exhausted at least the Denver area.
Good info, Chris. I'm with Ent here in the Springs, and am planning to apply as a backup plan. Years ago you needed a military connection to join (my sister and bro-in-law) but these days, anyone can join Ent. Doubt if I'll need it, but it's good to know it's there just in case.

Sponsored

Ween

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
🛰
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

your faces are gonna be red from all the self slapping required to successfully make that drive through NE?☕

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

your faces are gonna be red from all the self slapping required to successfully make that drive through NE?☕
Nope. We're having them delivered to an unspecified location nowhere near Nebraska. At unspecified times. An unspecified good time will be had by all.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good info, Chris. I'm with Ent here in the Springs, and am planning to apply as a backup plan. Years ago you needed a military connection to join (my sister and bro-in-law) but these days, anyone can join Ent. Doubt if I'll need it, but it's good to know it's there just in case.
Looks like their lowest rate is 3.74%. If you finance $40K at 60 months, the difference between that rate and the one from Aurora Federal (2.6% if 20% put down) is $1,219 over the course of the loan. That's why I was checking out who was lowest.

Looks like I'm going to have my dad (former Navy) become a member and sponsor me into Navy Federal. At 2.19% at 60 months, I'd save $1,653 over Ent.

Chris

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's why I'm swinging north into South Dakota. I've driven through nebraska 3 times. That was 2.5 times too many.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah. For something as special as picking up a Bronco from Grangers it deserves fancy ride there :D

1602722897782.png
Can you make a quick stop at Centennial Airport to pick me up? I'll buy lunch.
Sponsored