First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW, Jeeps (Wrangler and Gladiator) are easily available at 6-8% below invoice. Yes, dealers will add their fee and destination on top of that, but even so, it shakes out to quite a bit below invoice. I would suggest the Gladiator was as much anticipated by Jeep folks as the Bronco is by Ford folks. I happen to reside in both camps.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the confusion is that heepsā€™invoiceā€™ isnā€™t invoice.

I agree, no one is selling anything that hasnā€™t been sitting on the lot for less than a year below true invoice. And even after that they sell at a break even point with their deductions for taxes paid on inventory, at least to minimize any loss.

from what Iā€™ve understood, a manufacturer may sell the car to the dealer for 40k, but once the dealer sells theyā€™ll give the dealer 4K back (just numbers out my ass, not realistic). So the dealer could sell for ā€˜8% below invoice (36,800), and still make 800, minus taxes if it sat for more than a 1/4, plus added dealer fees etc?

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No Jeep dealer selling even at 6-8% below invoice is operating at a loss. They are absolutely still making a profit (as they should).

6% below invoice plus fees isn't 6% below invoice...but it sure as heck can come out to less than invoice (and far less than MSRP).

My point was more that significant discounts are seen in the direct competition to the new Bronco...so unless Ford prices the Bronco aggressively, they may need to offer similar discounts in order to pull would-be Jeep buyers in. I realize that might not mesh well with your particular business model, but that doesn't mean it won't with others' pricing structures.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So what is Ford saying about ADM? Second Stickers?

What is the price spread between "invoice" and MSRP going to be on the Bronco? What is typical for Ford?

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pricing aside, I would love to see a huge group buy at a dealership. Mainly because I picture a group of like-minded individuals partying as they wait for several staged truckloads to Bronco's to arrive. I picture a Bronco car show, Ford reps on hand, an off-road course, and demonstrator vehicles to educate soon to be owners of the features and benefits they will soon be enjoying. (Like the crawler gear on the 7 speed manual.)

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pricing aside, I would love to see a huge group buy at a dealership. Mainly because I picture a group of like-minded individuals partying as they wait for several staged truckloads to Bronco's to arrive. I picture a Bronco car show, Ford reps on hand, an off-road course, and demonstrator vehicles to educate soon to be owners of the features and benefits they will soon be enjoying. (Like the crawler gear on the 7 speed manual.)
Thinking the event idea over more... food would be an assortment of on site burger chains, (5 Guys, In-Out, ā€¦) Aftermarket accessory manufacturers would be there for discounted on-site mods or to place orders. After completion of sale, new owner's vehicle would be mic'd up to jam first new song. Activities could include steel chair throwing contest, Letterkenny viewing sessions,...

What am I missing?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thinking the event idea over more... food would be an assortment of on site burger chains, (5 Guys, In-Out, ā€¦) Aftermarket accessory manufacturers would be there for discounted on-site mods or to place orders. After completion of sale, new owner's vehicle would be mic'd up to jam first new song. Activities could include steel chair throwing contest, Letterkenny viewing sessions,...

What am I missing?
You might be joking, but that sounds like a pretty great party.

Don't forget the boiled sheep's head for our strange European friends.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I agree that would be a fun gathering. Defiantly unique...never had a party when buying a car before.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

And to our Scandinavian friends mandatory attendance in an all-day presentation from a rep from Getrag on its 7-speed manual and the benefits of driving a manual.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I never want to talk monthly payments , and it concerns me when salespeople do. I only care about the purchase price total and current interest rates based on credit rating.
OTD Price and I finance through my Credit Union.
If it helps them justify their OTD price, I will take the loan with them for 3 months so they can get their manufacturing finance kick-back and then it is on to my credit union for the remainder of the loan.

Group buys are great.
But need the Hybrid version. Doubt it will be year one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fraserjr

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have reached out to three DC area dealers and haven't heard back from any of them, so they may feel the same way ChrispyCK does. I honestly don't know anything about FCA vs. Ford or what is offered to the dealers I am just trying to get the best price for a group of interested buyers (and myself) and avoid the nonsense that usually goes on with dealer negotiations.

The Koons Jeep deal was very straightforward and transparent and yes while it may not have been a true 7% below invoice, no one else was willing to get close to the price I got. They sell on volume so for them they decided it was a win and they are still doing similar group buys for Jeep vehicles today.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's actually interesting that one of FCA's advantages in some markets may be their complete lack of dignity in making a sale.
Sponsored