Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So don't you think their website and material should reflect that reservations are full and they should stop taking them until the window for 2022 opens after details are released?
You mean like this? Ford updated a while back. I just don't get why people thought a vehicle delivered in 2022 would be a MY 2021....

20200724_111744.jpg
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So don't you think their website and material should reflect that reservations are full and they should stop taking them until the window for 2022 opens after details are released?
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date snbc

Only because I read comments like this for the 5th time in this thread

thattrue32

Badlands
First Name
Erny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1932 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is official communications confirming that the new reservation move cut-off date is January 31, 2021 and the 2021 Model Year reservations cut-off date is September 18, 2020 (any reservations made after September 18, 2020 will be 2022 Model Year).

Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date snbc
2021 just became that much more limited. ?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is correct, with a BUT. There are processes in place to make sure this doesn't really happen. It's bound to …… a few times but, if it happens consistently, Ford will start pulling allocation from that dealer. Ford considers this a way to skate around their rules. It also messes with their ability to semi-accurately estimate the number of sales so...….they don't take it lightly.
I don't know...one dealer on here specifically mentioned yesterday that their strategy was to convince everyone with reservations to order, so they could sell those not taken. They thought as long as they were below a certain percentage, they were good.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone's reservation after September 18 will have a 2022 Bronco, which may or may not mean you will get it in 2022.
No, this doesn't say that, just that the reservation won't count to help get more allocations in 2021, dealer could have other allocation and still fill it, it also doesn't say that if ordered before that you will get a 2021, just that that's the date that Ford is using to calculate allocation estimates.

It will be done a second time once reservations conversion closes and that's the one that will matter as it will be based on final numbers so each dealers allocations will vary up/down based on how many reservations turn to orders.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date 1602880305156

So excited to get a 2022! ?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The window for 2021s opened before we had information. We still don't have details. So... Yes. It's no different.

You are right though....if as of September 19th reservations will be 2022s instead of 2021s then the website should reflect that.

It does however say that your reservation now may be delivered in 2022. So no one should be surprised. It's a positive that it will be a 2022 not a 2021.

Slandreth

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Ranger,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know...one dealer on here specifically mentioned yesterday that their strategy was to convince everyone with reservations to order, so they could sell those not taken. They thought as long as they were below a certain percentage, they were good.
They can try that I guess. I don't think it's going to go they way they want.

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 4door badsquatch high
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah right. The stress comes from hanging out on Bronco6G and reading everyone’s anxiety fueled whining.

There is nothing stressful about putting down $100 on a vehicle that you can special order and literally tell the dealer to go to hell when he is about to hand you the keys. And you still get that $100 back.
This is actually good news for me as I wanted a 22, but a lot of dealers are going to go to a non refundable more substantial down when you actually order your build.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will I be able to change my reserved WildTrack to Outer Banks W/O having to reorder when the dealer comes a-knocking?

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You mean like this? Ford updated a while back. I just don't get why people thought a vehicle delivered in 2022 would be a MY 2021....
Deliveries of your 2021 Bronco may extend into the 2022 calendar year...got it.

Just shut down the reservation portal. It's that simple.

Add a message "2021 MY reservations are full! Subscribe so you can know the latest news when reservations open for the 2022 MY."

Some y'all enjoy getting conned and then thank the conman for the experience. :LOL:

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know how to change your dealer? I called the new dealer and they didn't know. I don't have a Ford number to call.
I was able to change reservation dealership through the Ford Marketing Program. Request order transfer. The contact number is 800.334.4375.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. If Ford is advertising the MY21 Bronco on their website and says MY21 cuts off September 18, and they're still accepting reservations, wouldn't it be logical to assume that if you place a reservation you'll get your Bronco by September 18. Whether or not that's realistic, that's the most logical assumption. The average Joe that places an order next month or in January surely isn't bargaining for a March 2022 delivery.
The alternative would have been for Ford to cut the reservations off in September and let the late-comers know that they'd be reserving a 2022 vehicle.
These are just my two cents. I made a late reservation and am perfectly fine living with the fact that I'm getting my Bronco long after everyone else.

Last edited:

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

another significant change I haven't seen mentioned:

1. Previously Ford was going to accept dealer orders thru January 2021, and THEN sometime in February communicate to dealers what their MY21 allocation was. Ergo dealers would be writing orders with no knowledge of what their allocation was going to be.

2. Now, Ford knows Exactly how many reservations are timestamped from 7/13 to 9/18, and it sounds as if Ford will tell their dealers what their MY21 allocation will be prior to December. And also only accept orders for those reservations timestamped prior to 9/18
I still wonder how Ford is going to get some dealer stock out there. You know the dealers, especially the large volume houses, want these things in the show room.
Sponsored