John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a pure guess but I bet the biggest difference in MY21 and MY22 will be allocation. MY21 is all reservations take priority and no dealer stock until reservations are completed. MY22 could have dealer stock mixed in, ie longer wait for your reservation.
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 3.14.03 PM.png

If they had this information a month ago, they should have changed this out a month ago. They're asking me to reserve a 2021 MY Bronco with the features listed.

So...trying not to read too much into it...is Ford implying that the 22 MY will be identical to what is advertised?
That's a question that probably can't be fully answered a year out. I know I don't have the answer.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess that's possible but I kinda doubt it. Let's say you have reservation A, Joe Snuffy has reservation B, and I have reservation C. Snuffy gets cold feet 'cause he didn't like where the bottle opener was located, and backs out. I'm going to guess they will simply build my Bronco after yours, skipping reservation B since it was never converted to an order.
All of what you said is true, including (and possibly especially) Joe Snuffy getting cold feet because the bottle opener is in the wrong spot. ? I thought there were a lot of die-hard Bronco lovers here and I was one of the few never-had-a-Bronco-before-but-these-are-cool-and-I-want-one-now people. So, I didn't think there would be many drop-outs, but I'm beginning to second-guess that. ?

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And basically anyone who makes a reservation now will have to wait till 2022?
Anyone's reservation after September 18 will have a 2022 Bronco, which may or may not mean you will get it in 2022.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cutoff date for reservations is a move targeted at Granger.
Possibly true; That would automatically put all of their Oct reservations into 2022 model year which says not finalized yet.

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is because here we are 3+ months after the reveal and still NO B&P. And it's not like Ford or anyone has given us a date of B&P, therefor logic would probably tie the 2 together.
Thots not true! They said mid September!

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's a question that probably can't be fully answered a year out. I know I don't have the answer.
Ok, so can you see why people would get worked up over such an announcement? They're advertising a Bronco that is no longer for sale.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I make a reservation today, it's going to be a 2022 MY and delivered sometime in 2022?

So for guys that were waiting to hear about the Texas Volume Buy or the Granger Oct. deal just got screwed over?
Don't look at it, as if they got screwed. They just need to keep reminding themselves that .."Patience is a Virtue" :cool::ROFLMAO::p I feel for you poor dumb bastards..I really do! (A little Patton Lingo there) No really, I'm sorry. ;)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I understand it:

MY2021 will be models:
1. reserved by September 18th and ordered.
2. Dealer Allocations

MY2022 will be models:
1. Reserved on/after September 19th and ordered.
2. Dealer allocations.
Fixed. Allocations will happen after all (reservations to) orders are built.

Sponsored

Goodwater33

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance on this, but a couple things I cannot seem to get a clear answer on (and maybe it's because Ford hasn't made it clear yet). Let's start with what we know:
--If someone reserved prior to this September 18th cutoff date, then their Bronco will be a MY2021

BUT does that mean they are certain to take delivery in 2021? Does the dealer have any discretion on who gets the first batches, assuming they have x # of reservations prior to that September 18th cutoff or does it go strictly by reservation date?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, so can you see why people would get worked up over such an announcement? They're advertising a Bronco that is no longer for sale.
I don't see why you would get too worked up. No one knows what 2022 will hold and it's clear when you reserve that your build could be in 2022. No one should be shocked that Ford isn't going to build 2021s in calendar year 2022.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm. If a reservation doesn't convert to an order then that reservation number doesn't get built. Maybe one of the dealers on the site could verify? @EricAtKearnyMesaFord @NayNay @Granger Ford @StephensAutoCenter @Zach@Granger
That's the way it works. When the dealers get to order, they'll be able to order exactly what they want, not someone's leftover, un-used reservation.

Think of it this way, you haven't actually reserved anything, just a place in line. You picked a trim level, but even that is not locked-in. And you haven't reserved any configurations. So, if you decide not to make an order, there's really nothing that could be built from your reservation.

However, if you do make an order and then don't buy it when it shows up on the dealer's lot, that's a different story. The dealer now has an actual vehicle he can sell to the highest bidder.

Slandreth

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Ranger,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can someone provide a definition of the last two bullets? What do they mean in terms of when we get our Broncos?
This means that dealers with higher volume (sales as a percentage of the nation) with receive a greater allocation. Dealers in an area with a large amount of Wrangler sales and 4 runner sales will have a better chance at allocation as well. Smaller volume dealers (no matter how many reservations taken) unfortunately won't be able to fill them all. Initial allocation hasn't been communicated to the dealers yet.
To my knowledge, just because it says 2022 Bronco doesn't necessarily mean it will be delivered in 2022. COVID messed a lot of stuff up but they are trying to get back on a "normal" schedule...... maybe '22 models later in 2021. Thank you and good luck!
Sponsored