Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this true? Is it durable? I thought the MIC top would have to be sanded down to be painted.
It would be if you wanted it smooth. Even plastidipping it would not hide the texture of the MIC top.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford put all their eggs in ONE supplier basket...and then found out there is no 'basket' there.

The big plus for sucking it up & getting MY21 is Ford may not even be around for 2-3 more years

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This sucks, we've all been waiting so long to know what we can B&P, and now we have to wait another 10 hours..... I'm out!

Okay, back in! And I remember where I was in line.....

Just make your dealership honor the price of $1,895 for the painted hard top when it becomes available.

Also, notice they still stated that your Bronco will be a 2021 model year vehicle. So they are not pushing it back an entire year or anything, you just have to wait a few months until that part is available.

The other option available to Ford was one which would surely piss you all off. Take your orders, and not start building your vehicle until the part is available.

They were UP FRONT, HONEST and GENUINE in their desire to keep you as a customer and have also provided a way to get your rig as fast as possible!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guy's bitching at Ford are off target, should be directing your ire at the company that was supposed to deliver the tops, and obviously dropped the ball.
Ya where is that guy on here that works for the hard top company.....lets burn him at the stake, lol.

Whoever you are bro, run and hide, lol.

Sponsored

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has royally screwed this up. I wanted a velocity blue Wildtrak with white top, white grill, and white interior. When I resigned myself to a the same velocity blue or A51 with all black accents I began to get excited about that. But its not gonna happen now. I'm seriously considering downgrading to a Big Bend this year and jumping on the Granger 22 October special. I could drive the Big Bend for a year then trade it in on a 22 Wildtrak hopefully built like I want it (and for a great price!).

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly the same as a white or black molded in color, not a black gloss paint.
Except it's a dull, textured finish and not a smooth painted one. The modular top is also made with a superior forming process. It's a little heavier and may provide better sound damping and insulation. Also, the rear windows are not removable on the MIC.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Didn't know placing a reservation was going to test our Ford Loyalty (No X-plan), patience with delays and changes.

The way this is going, first recall or stop sale will come shortly after initial deliveries!!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The email never stated the ability to buy it later for $1895. $1895 is likely the retail price when ordered with the vehicle - not retail price when ordered through the parts dept.
Ask for one of these ...

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability raincheck

Yes, I agree, they should honor that price at the parts counter but will they? Probably not.

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t think this is necessarily the case. During the pandemic there are so many supply chains that are disrupted, but there are also others that are perfectly fine. It seems like everything at the plant is going well, with prototypes rolling off the line. The problem is that for the most part, Ford makes: Body, frame, engine/transmission. And assembles it all. My guess is that the plant itself and bodywork/drivetrain is pretty much ready to go as soon as everything is in place, but their suppliers for EVERYTHING else are struggling right now. The first Broncos may be focusing on just getting wheels out the door, but the options will come online as the suppliers get their shit together with covid.
This is why companies need to make their own parts again and bring back more jobs in house. Especially in today's current world outlook.

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a sick April Fools joke but then I checked it wasn’t April first and this is just sick ?

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This sucks, we've all been waiting so long to know what we can B&P, and now we have to wait another 10 hours..... I'm out!

Okay, back in! And I remember where I was in line.....

Just make your dealership honor the price of $1,895 for the painted hard top when it becomes available.

Also, notice they still stated that your Bronco will be a 2021 model year vehicle. So they are not pushing it back an entire year or anything, you just have to wait a few months until that part is available.

The other option available to Ford was one which would surely piss you all off. Take your orders, and not start building your vehicle until the part is available.

They were UP FRONT, HONEST and GENUINE in their desire to keep you as a customer and have also provided a way to get your rig as fast as possible!
Can you go back to the dancing avatar?
Come on....