Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will it be possible to get a soft top and then order a painted top later? I was ordering a white bronco to get a white top.
Sponsored

Scratic

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe we could have a new landing page to create new posts about hardtop complaints? I’m thinking about starting a couple myself and I don’t want to be troubled with the search option or even the front page. Complete transparency, I started one while I was typing this.

PhilKesselRun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jaguar XF-R Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At least they are knocking the full msrp 1895 off. If i really want the painted modular roof, I could buy it as accessory for the same price and end up with 2 roofs and I'm not out anything more than what I would have spent at the time of purchase
I agree. This is the understanding I got from the email. Essentially if you want to get the painted top later than you got a free MIC top as well.

Jabo77

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Ford just made it easier for me to wait until the Warthog is available...This news just cost me 25-30k! ??‍♂

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Make your own parts in house sounds like a good start!!!!

Ford is really struggling

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can someone confirm - the MIC is modular, right??? i’m more upset at the poorly worded email. i believe both tops are “modular” meaning the sections are removable. .

Duvel

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrong. MIC “grey” top will be the only hardtop available. They only notified FE and WT people because the black painted top was standard on those models.
I reserved a WildTrak.
MIC top doesn't match WT black glossy painted mirrors or grille.
BL unpainted black plastic bits match MIC top much better IMO.

Scratic

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you could buy the vehicle you mostly want, then modify it to your personal tastes.

Just saying, there ARE options. Most of them will involve you having to lift a finger in some aspect other than signing your name on the loan.
Can we be best friends? Worst-case, can I subscribe to your newsletter? You’re good at peopling.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I think I want the Wildtrak. NOW, the new problem with this announcement is that... it falls on the heels of the almost new announcement, from last week. The almost new announcement confirmed that these models changed from the Grey Grills... to the shiny Black Grills (I thought in an attempt to match the specified Black modular top)!!! Now we got another bunch of mismatched colors on a Wildtrak, with a Grey Top, Gloss Black grill, Matte Black door handles, Matte Black front bumpers and rear bumpers (regardless if your chosen bumpers are composite or steel), Gloss Black mirror backs, and Gloss Black Sasquatch Wheels. WHAT A CRAP JOB of planning for the Modular Tops. It's not like they didn't know all this stuff far enough in advance!!!
Door handles are colored matched to the vehicle..
EDIT: at least in all these pre-production images. The Ford site says otherwise, but let’s be honest.. We can’t trust anything the Ford site says as optional or std features.

Last edited:

EastCoastBronco

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Guys this just in from Ford. Please see chart below and have full confidence. Keeping the stock price at 8 bucks since 1987. We’re listening.
Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 9E1F12B9-5AAE-49FD-AEDE-2B4A8339EA07

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly the only thing that could sour me at this point is manual transmission as late availability.
Sponsored