Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

Deleted member 15966

Not getting it but I've read others are so that they can lock their keys in their car. Honestly not sure if this is even possible to do. My vehicle is a 2011 and even back then if it sensed my keys IN the car, it wouldn't lock.
My Raptor has it and it works great. I typically will leave my keys in the truck if I'm hiking or hunting or out on the boat. The keypad lets me get back in when I need to without worry. I'll have it on the Bronco as well for the same reasons.
Sponsored

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this is a definite addon for me. i had this on my 2011 Lincoln MKZ and once i figured it out, it was amazing. dont need to carry my keys, put them in the arm rest and use the key pad so no need to hold them in your pocket. i only carry 2 keys on my chain, key for car and my gun box key. so again, this is a must get, you will use it alot once you get it worked out...

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They must have changed starting in the 2020 model year. They used to be hardwired which I would prefer. That solidified my decision. Cheap. That’s cutting a corner on a factory built vehicle.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i Use it on my Fusion all the time - once I left work with keys in my jacket - but forgot my jacket on the back of my office door since it had warmed up so much...got on the train at Grand Central and just as we pulled away had that oh shit feeling and realized I was sans keys. Called my son who was away at school to make sure he didn't have the key up there with him and then got someone else at home to grab the spare and lock it inside the car at the station for me. THAT ALONE is enough reason for me to get it - but not installed on door that is fugly AF. It'll go on the inside of the gas door.

TXKK626

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do a lot of mountain biking and running/hiking and the ability to not have keys is worth $110. It’s worth more than $110 to me I was thrilled it was that cheap.
Exactly my thinking as well, but I didn’t realize there was an aftermarket option that could be placed in the fuel door. That’s awesome! Probably go that route.

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds useless and old school
I remember when I was like 5 years old in 2004 my dads Ford suv would have it
Dated is using a physical key and put it in to unlock the door. Or leaving the wing window latch up so you can push it open from the outside and open the door.

I have it on my F150 (B-pillar) and use it a lot. It’s nice when just wanting to get something out of the truck and not having keys around.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no expirence with it could a thief pry it iff and hotwire it from behind?. just a skosh nort if me is a city with lots of break ins and a mayor that dosent care.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will be wired. The wireless does not work with intelligent open and push button start.

Yes it does,there's not even a wired option. The Ranger Lariat has both and they are stick on.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I've had one on all my Ford vehicles and love them. I Use the keypad all the time. That said, looks like these are "stick on" version. Mine have always been wired and either on b pillar or just above door handle. Not sure about stick on version.... Seems cheap and I am disappointed in how they look. So I will not factory order a stick on version. Also, I hate anything that uses watch batteries!

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wasn't going to add it, but then I read a thread that pointed out the advantages to being out in the wild and not losing your keys by leaving them in the car. So I'm a convert. It is ugly, but I'm ok with that for the convenience of it.

Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not getting it but I've read others are so that they can lock their keys in their car. Honestly not sure if this is even possible to do. My vehicle is a 2011 and even back then if it sensed my keys IN the car, it wouldn't lock. A safety feature so that you don't lock your keys in. Saved my hide a few times tbh in these past ten years

It works by you saving a code and then you use the code to enter your car
If it's like my wife's expedition, you set a 4 digit code that you can enter in the event you lock your keys in the car. She has a newer one now, and you can press one button to unlock as long as the keys are in close range. To that end, you wouldn't want to intentionally leave keys in car. The older one did not have the one button feature, but it did have the 4 digit code entry.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it does,there's not even a wired option. The Ranger Lariat has both and they are stick on.
There used to be. I shouldn’t have to change watch batteries in my $60k toy.

Lambert2559

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ7, 2019 Chevrolet RST Z71, 1990 300ZX,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not getting it but I've read others are so that they can lock their keys in their car. Honestly not sure if this is even possible to do. My vehicle is a 2011 and even back then if it sensed my keys IN the car, it wouldn't lock. A safety feature so that you don't lock your keys in. Saved my hide a few times tbh in these past ten years

It works by you saving a code and then you use the code to enter your car
you can, it’s Ford’s best feature. We go camping a lot. It’s nice to lock the keys in the truck and not have to hide them. All you do is type in your code and it unlocks the doors.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There used to be. I shouldn’t have to change watch batteries in my $60k toy.
I agree it's a pos design and looks like an afterthought. I have no need for one but if I was getting one the only place I'd put it is inside the fuel door.

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its a super handy feature, have it on my F350, never locked out. If you need to grab something and it's in the driveway, you don't need your keys. If the kids need in and you are somewhere, they can use the code, etc.

I actually added it to my truck. Bought the OE part from Tasca parts. Had stealership install, which they screwed up and tried to charge me for like 2 hrs labour, but Tasca is a Ford dealer so they had to do it for the book hours.

PS this obvs won't be a doorframe "hidden" one (My wife's Flex has that) if it's an extra option like this it will be a 3M tape on style.
Sponsored