First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Antimatter blue with ebony roast is what I'm getting.
I just don't like the painted fenders :( easy fix though...Sasquatch
Sponsored

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do the seats lie flat on the 4dr? I thought there was a 4" lip or something, which, and I could be wrong, might make sleeping awful uncomfortable.
From what I understand the slide out tailgate evens out the 4 inch step, which also means it takes up a lot of cargo space on floor on cargo area.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 1605279956039

so far it seems like that rear pull out tray was just a HOAX

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm thinking that we probably won't be seeing anymore accessories until its time to order and in the Ford system there will a bunch more small options, like the pull out tailgate thing, and the fold down table attached to the tailgate, and it will be the dealer's responsibility to let you know that it will make your vehicle late delivery in Q421 or Q122....

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most of my camping features either bears or bugs as potential visitors. leaving the swing gate open is not advised.
They appear to be in a non woodsy area, like close to a beach. I'd absolutely camp like this on a secluded outer banks or Hamptons style Beach. Minimal bugs depending on time of year. No bears to worry about

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sleeping in this thing probably shouldn’t be a deal breaker or maker tbh, however at 5’9 I should be able to fit pretty well. Sleep in my 4 runner no problem. 4” step can easily be solved with mounds of pillows and blankets which will be needed anyway to make the floor comfortable at all.

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 4door badsquatch high
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's messed up this makes it sound like there is no big lump without the tailgate and the tailgate just adds length. Not folding flat as factory standard is nuts for this type of vehicle, if it's that hard then make the TAILGATE option, STANDARD.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For tall/adult sized people this is still going to be tight since even their marketing pictures don't create an illusion of space (and I doubt their models are 7' tall). By my math, this is like 3" more length in back than a JLU and still isn't flat. I ONCE climbed in the back of mine to see if I could sleep back there by myself(let alone with my wife and/or dogs) and 'noped' out of there in under a minute.

Plus, where does your stuff go? Just more marketing fluff... people sleep in their Fiestas and Corollas at rest stops across the country each night but not so much because they have a choice.

BROCK-O

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Connections for the top can be seen in this pic also. Looks like they connect to dummy plugs
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 1605280547581

Oh yeah, look at that lip on the back of the seats. The slide out tailgate would be essential to flatten out the back for comfort.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, 2 people ain't sleeping in the back of that thing. May be able to get some other stuff taken care of, but sleep isn't going to happen. Look at her legs, they're stretched out past the end of the vehicle. Probably took 10 minutes to get him so his feet didn't hang off the end of the tray. As idyllic as it looks to camp in the back of an open vehicle, in many places, it's just not realistic to think you can.
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 1605280547581
It says to get the full length as they state, you need to move the front seats all the way up. Those seats look to be in the driving position in that picture. If you moved them forward, she could lay down with the rear door closed.

Decker442

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, couldn't find if this was posted yet. There isn't a lot of new info here but there is two photos I don't think we have seen before. Not great photos, but might help give some people perspective on sleeping in the bronco.

Updated with official Ford press release:

All-New Bronco Four-Door SUV: Rugged Enough to Take Adventurers Further Into the Wild, Roomy Enough to Camp Inside

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 12, 2020 – Built to take adventures further, the all new Built Wild™ 2021 Bronco® four-door rugged SUV is designed to be the ultimate Bronco destination vehicle with ample room, smart features and accessories to haul outdoor gear inside and to comfortably sleep two when the day winds down.

“We spent a lot of time engaging in the outdoors with off-road enthusiasts and understood Bronco had to elevate the off-road camping experience with cleverness and comfort,” said Bill Mangan, Bronco chief interior designer. “So we made sure our four-door models could accommodate in-car camping and we followed it with best in class overall openness with the top removed so campers can enjoy spectacular nighttime views.”

Sleeping area large enough for the tallest campers

With a large rear cargo area in back, the rear sleeping area of all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down and 3 feet, 7 inches wide with 10 extra inches of elbow room in the door area. Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches tall, can stretch out a little more by moving the front seats forward and sleeping diagonally.

With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.

For unforgettable views of the stars and room for side-by-side sleeping bags, the Bronco four-door variety of tops available make open-air adventures quick and easy. From the retractable soft top to the available lightweight hard tops – all can be removed to reveal the 13.3 square foot open top – for the best-in-class second row and overall openness with the top removed.

Plenty of room for gear, too

If hauling outdoor gear is the priority, the 83 cubic-foot rear cargo area on the standard four-door soft top Bronco SUVs cargo area (77.6 cubic feet with optional hard top) offers more volume with the second-row seats folded down than the four-door Jeep Wrangler. Two-door Bronco models also offer a roomy rear cargo area with 52.3 cubic-foot rear cargo area with the second-row seats folded down and a maximum length of 46.1 inches.

There’s room for gear up top as well. When 2021 Bronco two- and four-door SUVs arrive at Ford dealerships next year, there will be more than 200 Ford licensed accessories available including Platform roof carriers and Heavy Duty (HD) two person tents by Yakima® to complete the outdoor experience. All can be specified when customers order their vehicles, be included in the vehicle financing and installed at the dealer.

“Bronco is designed to be more than just the rugged 4x4 that gets you there, but also the destination in itself,” Mangan said. “You can have fun all day running in the desert sands or crawling along rocky trails – and at the end of the day, it’s your base camp and place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.”

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sleeping in this thing probably shouldn’t be a deal breaker or maker tbh, however at 5’9 I should be able to fit pretty well. Sleep in my 4 runner no problem. 4” step can easily be solved with mounds of pillows and blankets which will be needed anyway to make the floor comfortable at all.
I'm sure someone will come up with a inflatable mattress that fits that footprint. Just plug it in and air it up. I believe the late availability shelf will chew up valuable real estate in the back. An air mattress will be easy to store and not take up any of that space.

Decker442

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah, look at that lip on the back of the seats. The slide out tailgate would be essential to flatten out the back for comfort.
I wish FORD would stop showing us the vehicle the interiors they are actually not going to sell. They really dumbed it down to grey and black. I would love the tan color seat trim but we are stuck with blue (what?!) and black or black.
There is also no flat floor when folding down seats.

Seriously starting to reconsider and get my $100 back