Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All of
It's press releases like this that have me really close to pulling my reservation. Ford wants me to buy this car pretty much sight unseen and then puts out info about dimensions and capabilities that is close to useless.

Ford: Publish a photo with dimensions on it! 2 door and 4 door, seats up and seats down and leave the models at home (I know I don't look that handsome and also know that a Bronco won't change that). They obviously know what the dimensions of the rear area are to the millimeter but choose to put out this release stating that a 6.5 foot tall person can lie in the back inline with the vehicle yet the photo shows people doing that and hanging a foot out the back. Supposedly the diagonal sleeping position is 7.5 feet tall and they show a photo of a very average height person with zero room to spare. Give an intern a tape measure, a half hour, along both versions and be done with it.

Members of this forum have done a vastly better job of figuring out and educating me on dimensions, colors, options and pricing than any of Ford's material.

The marketing department's seeming need to dribble out info in the least comprehensible way possible isn't helping me buy this vehicle, it's frustrating me and making me think I will wait until I can see and touch what I'm dropping $40k on.
All of the dimensions will be available prior to production, which is still four months away. Ford has given us a lot of information considering how far out we really are from the first Broncos being delivered in 8 or 9 months. We could be looking at 10 months if the President elect and Gov of Michigan implement a mandatory 6 week look down as being suggested by Dem transition team members.
Sponsored

Last edited:

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's press releases like this that have me really close to pulling my reservation. Ford wants me to buy this car pretty much sight unseen and then puts out info about dimensions and capabilities that is close to useless.

Ford: Publish a photo with dimensions on it! 2 door and 4 door, seats up and seats down and leave the models at home (I know I don't look that handsome and also know that a Bronco won't change that). They obviously know what the dimensions of the rear area are to the millimeter but choose to put out this release stating that a 6.5 foot tall person can lie in the back inline with the vehicle yet the photo shows people doing that and hanging a foot out the back. Supposedly the diagonal sleeping position is 7.5 feet tall and they show a photo of a very average height person with zero room to spare. Give an intern a tape measure, a half hour, along both versions and be done with it.

Members of this forum have done a vastly better job of figuring out and educating me on dimensions, colors, options and pricing than any of Ford's material.

The marketing department's seeming need to dribble out info in the least comprehensible way possible isn't helping me buy this vehicle, it's frustrating me and making me think I will wait until I can see and touch what I'm dropping $40k on.
7.5' is point to point. Last I checked, no one has a arrow shaped head that tapers to a sharp point at the top. I have a small head and it measures about 7" across. If we give a little wiggle room so that were not wedged into the corner we lose about 5" of length. We need to do the same for the foot end. When I'm lying on my back my feet do not form a perfect 90 degree angle with my leg. It droops forward and extends about 3" or so beyond my heel. If you add that up, you lose a little over a foot of room.

Ford is not wrong in saying that there is 7.5' diagonal if that's the actual measurement. I don't see that they stated a 7.5' person would fit diagonally. I would say a slim 6.5' person would be able to fit fully stretched out diagonally at best.

JonChicago

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
7.5' is point to point. Last I checked, no one has a arrow shaped head that tapers to a sharp point at the top. I have a small head and it measures about 7" across. If we give a little wiggle room so that were not wedged into the corner we lose about 5" of length. We need to do the same for the foot end. When I'm lying on my back my feet do not form a perfect 90 degree angle with my leg. It droops forward and extends about 3" or so beyond my heel. If you add that up, you lose a little over a foot of room.

Ford is not wrong in saying that there is 7.5' diagonal if that's the actual measurement. I don't see that they stated a 7.5' person would fit diagonally. I would say a slim 6.5' person would be able to fit fully stretched out diagonally at best.
Is it 7.5 feet point to point? The press release specifically says, "Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches" which implies a person of 7.5 feet tall could sleep diagonally not the maximum diagonal measurement. I happen to agree with you that 7.5 is probably the actual measurement but why not just say that instead of 10 paragraphs of BS along with useless photos that don't show what is being claimed in the text.

My point is: just publish the dimensions in a clear and concise table and dispense with using the flowery language.

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhmm.. They would disagree with you. ?
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area MV5BYTNjNGM5OTktM2Q1Zi00YTFmLWJlYzUtMTMyMzgzNjNlNmQzL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE5MjUyOTM@._V1_U

Sponsored

Danger Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So when Ford said they were listening, they meant their PR folks were listening and would come up with a press release promising the Bronco can do what we want. To test this, I'm going to complain that it can't submerge completely so I can camp on the bottom of the ocean.
Oh it can... If you're interested in very long term camping.

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since this is a recent press release, what trim provides that sweet saddle leather on the rear doors?

Edit: I just noticed the sleeping bags and blanket with Marmot branding. Perhaps, this will be another concept that will be shown at the upcoming Arizona shindig?

Found the Thermos/cup/blanket on Amazon (scroll down to see all three).
I think something is happening with Marmot. I saw a couple of Sports at Lee Vining and there was a Marmot van with them.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hell, if i want to sleep in my rig, Ill take a F150 instead

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll probably cancel my day 2 reservation if I have to choose between sound deading headliners and a bronco blanket on B&P. I’m guessing it will make the vehicle too heavy.
Sponsored