First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there some kind of screen attachment for windows so you can circulate air? And not get a bunch of bugs.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something isn’t right here. The red line is the exact same length as the 6’6” line. It was drawn over the white line then moved to show the scale of height of the woman in the photo.

D2CF4E8A-E4A3-4FEE-BC34-91DBC134CA17.jpeg

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Most of my camping features either bears or bugs as potential visitors. leaving the swing gate open is not advised.
Yea that'd work for people in nature free areas, like those people who camp in nothing but a hammock.

In Alaska....I wouldn't make it through the first night ?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there some kind of screen attachment for windows so you can circulate air? And not get a bunch of bugs.
Yes. Google "window bug screen" or something like that for cars. Tons of options.

Very easy to make yourself. I made screens and black-out panels for my Escape for like $60 from the hardware store.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something isn’t right here. The red line is the exact same length as the 6’6” line. It was drawn over the white line then moved to show the scale of height of the woman in the photo.

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area D2CF4E8A-E4A3-4FEE-BC34-91DBC134CA17
I doubt any of this is "to scale."

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those are for the rear defroster, wiper, and w sprayer...

I expect the hoses and wires to be loose and dangling on the roof section, not the vehicle. I don't care what those look like on the roof when its removed, but do care what it looks like on the vehicle when the roof is removed.
I am pretty sure these can be disconnected from the side if you want to as they look like push fit type connecters Just means you need to store them somewhere or you just leave them attached like in the picture.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So from looking at this it seems like it's possible to do a hammock setup inside the Bronco. Probably way better for sleeping.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, couldn't find if this was posted yet. There isn't a lot of new info here but there is two photos I don't think we have seen before. Not great photos, but might help give some people perspective on sleeping in the bronco.

Updated with official Ford press release:

All-New Bronco Four-Door SUV: Rugged Enough to Take Adventurers Further Into the Wild, Roomy Enough to Camp Inside
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area D2CF4E8A-E4A3-4FEE-BC34-91DBC134CA17

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 12, 2020 – Built to take adventures further, the all new Built Wild™ 2021 Bronco® four-door rugged SUV is designed to be the ultimate Bronco destination vehicle with ample room, smart features and accessories to haul outdoor gear inside and to comfortably sleep two when the day winds down.

“We spent a lot of time engaging in the outdoors with off-road enthusiasts and understood Bronco had to elevate the off-road camping experience with cleverness and comfort,” said Bill Mangan, Bronco chief interior designer. “So we made sure our four-door models could accommodate in-car camping and we followed it with best in class overall openness with the top removed so campers can enjoy spectacular nighttime views.”

Sleeping area large enough for the tallest campers

With a large rear cargo area in back, the rear sleeping area of all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down and 3 feet, 7 inches wide with 10 extra inches of elbow room in the door area. Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches tall, can stretch out a little more by moving the front seats forward and sleeping diagonally.

With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.

For unforgettable views of the stars and room for side-by-side sleeping bags, the Bronco four-door variety of tops available make open-air adventures quick and easy. From the retractable soft top to the available lightweight hard tops – all can be removed to reveal the 13.3 square foot open top – for the best-in-class second row and overall openness with the top removed.

Plenty of room for gear, too

If hauling outdoor gear is the priority, the 83 cubic-foot rear cargo area on the standard four-door soft top Bronco SUVs cargo area (77.6 cubic feet with optional hard top) offers more volume with the second-row seats folded down than the four-door Jeep Wrangler. Two-door Bronco models also offer a roomy rear cargo area with 52.3 cubic-foot rear cargo area with the second-row seats folded down and a maximum length of 46.1 inches.

There’s room for gear up top as well. When 2021 Bronco two- and four-door SUVs arrive at Ford dealerships next year, there will be more than 200 Ford licensed accessories available including Platform roof carriers and Heavy Duty (HD) two person tents by Yakima® to complete the outdoor experience. All can be specified when customers order their vehicles, be included in the vehicle financing and installed at the dealer.

“Bronco is designed to be more than just the rugged 4x4 that gets you there, but also the destination in itself,” Mangan said. “You can have fun all day running in the desert sands or crawling along rocky trails – and at the end of the day, it’s your base camp and place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.”

Thanks. I wonder how easy it would be to remove the front passenger seat, or maybe just the front passenger seat back. That way one could extend the sleeping length to the dash. I did that in my Jeep JKU. Course the passenger seat air bag dash warning light stayed lit. Just removing the seat back might be easier and safer.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I doubt any of this is "to scale."
I think to achieve the 6'6" cargo length the front seats would need to be pushed as far as possible forward and then leaned forward as well. Then you still have to deal with the air gap underneath where the front seats were. Let's assume the woman is 5'6". Therefore the white line is 5'6" not 6'6". Then if you add 12" to the front of the white line it starts to come into view.

Even so. Camping in the Bronco for anyone over 6 foot should be considered for emergency use only I'm thinking.

Sponsored

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy fix for the 2 door... take ALL the seats out. I have a milk crate I'll be using as a driver seat while not in "camp mode"
Worked in my 71.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Modular Hardtop has removable side windows. There probably will be aftermarket replacements that have windows with screens, exhaust fans, extension cord pass throughs, etc.. Maybe even recessed to allow external mounting of Rotopax fuel containers.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think to achieve the 6'6" cargo length the front seats would need to be pushed as far as possible forward and then leaned forward as well. Then you still have to deal with the air gap underneath where the front seats were. Let's assume the woman is 5'6". Therefore the white line is 5'6" not 6'6". Then if you add 12" to the front of the white line it starts to come into view.

Even so. Camping in the Bronco for anyone over 6 foot should be considered for emergency use only I'm thinking.
Again. It's not a motorhome. Of course you need to make some provisions to sleep in.

Looks like her feet are stuck out a bit. If I do that it would add 4 to 6inches to my height. Also looks like her head could be up to a foot from the very back of the seat at the longest point. It's also a photo from a drone which may skew the aspects.

The Bronco will be close to the size of my old Escape. I'm 6' and made it so I could sleep in the back laying straight with just a bit of room.
Sponsored