Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please help me out here. According to the article the maximum enclosed rear area length is 6 feet, 6 inches, but the photo shows the lady with her feet hanging out past the tailgate and her neck is crooked. Unless this woman is 7 ft tall, the enclosed space can't be 6 ft 6 inches. This is important to me because I have a model train locomotive I'm hoping to haul and its 6 ft 4 inches long. So I was happy to see the dimension, then saw the photos and something doesn't add up. Can someone tell me what the actual length is from the back of the front seat (seat all the way forward) and the tailgate door.
As already mentioned, it's highly doubtful everything is to scale. Generic measuring.

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please help me out here. According to the article the maximum enclosed rear area length is 6 feet, 6 inches, but the photo shows the lady with her feet hanging out past the tailgate and her neck is crooked. Unless this woman is 7 ft tall, the enclosed space can't be 6 ft 6 inches. This is important to me because I have a model train locomotive I'm hoping to haul and its 6 ft 4 inches long. So I was happy to see the dimension, then saw the photos and something doesn't add up. Can someone tell me what the actual length is from the back of the front seat (seat all the way forward) and the tailgate door.
I think the 6'6" assumes the front seats are leaning forward towards the steering. In the picture the seat is straight up. The line they measure with looks like it starts from the front of the front seat instead of the back. If that makes sense.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume the measurement is accurate (why publish a number that isn’t) but that everything is cheated in its favor (seats Alllll the way up, seat backs forward, etc etc etc).

I wouldn’t trust the pictures over published numbers (not to mention the angle of the photo is funny, and she’s actually not pressed all the way up against the front seats).

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 1605292224139

From above.
Me too! It sure doesn't look like there is 6 ft 6 inches between the tailgate and the back of the front seats. Another photo shows a lady with her feet hanging out the back by about 2 ft.

Sponsored

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Workable for two adults overnight, or one adult and a big dog. It's an SUV, but similar to a Tacoma with a 6' bed and a topper. It will be rough with plenty of inconveniences, but workable. Need to urinate? Release the tailgate (internal latch would be nice) get cold and wet if raining, do your business, dive back in.

Cargo with a truck & topper combo we would carry a 2-person backpack tent, set it up, throw coolers, stove, etc in there and bundle up in the truck bed.

Aftermarket no doubt will provide a tent extension that attaches to the rear with the tailgate open, then carry a portapotty so you can do body functions at night in the extension, carry a Mr Heater.

Bronco will never be a Class B motorhome but workable.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say by the picture and the shape of the connector(push fit type my guess) they disconnect from the side panel so you can remve altogether if you want.
i'd be willing to bet those are 'dummy' plugs for use when the hard top is not installed. they would prevent one from spraying the cargo area with washer fluid by accident!

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, now let's wait for the next press release where they tell us the bronco was thoughtfully designed to be able to haul lumber and drywall for weekend projects. :ROFLMAO:

Bronco was absolutely not designed to sleep two comfortably. The slide-out tailgate accessory was a total after-thought. Nice try.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would assume the measurement is accurate (why publish a number that isn’t) but that everything is cheated in its favor (seats Alllll the way up, seat backs forward, etc etc etc).

I wouldn’t trust the pictures over published numbers (not to mention the angle of the photo is funny, and she’s actually not pressed all the way up against the front seats).
I wonder if the lady would let me join her back there -- so I can be sure!

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 1605294054460
?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm only bothered that the body panel is lifted up. Couldn't they have it come neatly out of the side panel? Or have a utility box of sorts

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So just out of curiosity I measured my JK wrangler. From the furthest corner to the back of the opposite seat (fully reclined/pushed forward) is 6’8”. Straight back from the tailgate to the back of the seat is 6’3”.

I sleep back there all the time with an air mattress, I’m 5’11” and it’s perfectly comfortable. It looks like the dimensions are slightly larger on Bronco, Im sure it will be similar. If I was any taller my Jeep would not really be comfortable, so if you are 6’2” or shorter bronco should be good to go.
Sponsored

Last edited: