First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello from southern WV! These measurements are very welcome news and I for one am extremely happy with the dimensions with the rear seats on the 4 door models folded down. Even if we do have to slide the driver and front passenger seats forward a bit, this space will provide plenty enough room for 2 average height adults to sleep comfortably. My wife 5'2" and myself 6'0" used to sleep just fine when we would camp in our 2003 Honda Element, which had less room than the 4 door Bronco. We would slide the driver and front passenger seats all the way to the dash and use a 4" thick foam mattress cut to fit, which was wonderful. Granted, the Element had a completely flat rubberized cargo floor (hello BD or BL!) and the rear seats on an Element could either be unhooked from the clasps and attached to the grab handles, or removed completely quite easily. (Look up how Element used to handle this to see for yourself). Hopefully it won't be too difficult to remove the rear seats on either 2 or 4 door models (think I saw in another thread they are attached by several torx bolts). Anyway, with all doors closed and Ellie's clamshell tailgate closed, we slept quite soundly, especially when we would have a typical summer Southern WV thunderstorm, which is almost a guarantee on 4th of July weekends on the banks of the Greenbrier River. Will post pics of our mobile camping weekend Hilton once I am posting from my phone instead of tablet. We are Beyond excited for our 4 Door non Squatched Badlands with the gray MGV to hopefully arrive in time to relive more camping adventures (hopefully can take delivery by June 21)!

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Those are connections for the hard top rear wiper and washer... plugged into dummy plugs (as a place to put them when the top is removed.)
I figured they were for the wiper, but at first i thought it was the other way around, that they were coming out of the side to run to the motor etc.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. Lots of pessimistic and prissy people in this thread. Although not a prerequisite, I question how many bronco owners will have a true sense of adventure and “wild” in them... Probably quite a minority.

I am 6’6” and have car camped in everything from a suburban, 2nd gen bronco, and Camry and this will work out just fine.

If you want to be just as comfortable as sleeping at home get a hotel. I just think it’s silly to be so cynical and pessimistic all the time. This is actually some useful and promising information for people who actually intend to car camp.

Oh btw - if you have more gear than you can quickly relocate to either the front seats or under the vehicle, you were never meant to car camp anyway.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this the first time we've seen that the connectors for power and washer fluid have holders on the cargo wall for when the top is removed?

The way they are sitting looks like they hook on to dummy sockets so they aren't dangling, which is pretty good attention to detail.

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 20201113_133434

Edit: just started going through the pages and realized a lot of people have pointed this out, my apologies for the repost.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This looks small - and it is a 4 door. I thought I read somewhere a while back that there is at least 6 feet of space between driver's seat and tailgate - is the guy in the picture 7 feet?

Also notice how both his legs are not straight? Both feet will not fit into the corner, so one leg is bent. Marketing people should not have shown pictures like this or even promote this idea if it is not possible. Sleep in the back with the door open in rough country, enjoy the wildlife. If this were the outdoors plan, I would get a truck with a longer area to actually sleep in without opening doors or being cramped by sleeping with one leg bent.

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 20201113_133434
At the beginning of the thread.

With a large rear cargo area in back, the rear sleeping area of all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down and 3 feet, 7 inches wide with 10 extra inches of elbow room in the door area. Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches tall, can stretch out a little more by moving the front seats forward and sleeping diagonally.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I despise tent camping because whenever I try and do so, there are 20+ MPH winds.
Place tent on leeward side of your bronco, problem solved. :)

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello from southern WV! These measurements are very welcome news and I for one am extremely happy with the dimensions with the rear seats on the 4 door models folded down. Even if we do have to slide the driver and front passenger seats forward a bit, this space will provide plenty enough room for 2 average height adults to sleep comfortably. My wife 5'2" and myself 6'0" used to sleep just fine when we would camp in our 2003 Honda Element, which had less room than the 4 door Bronco. We would slide the driver and front passenger seats all the way to the dash and use a 4" thick foam mattress cut to fit, which was wonderful. Granted, the Element had a completely flat rubberized cargo floor (hello BD or BL!) and the rear seats on an Element could either be unhooked from the clasps and attached to the grab handles, or removed completely quite easily. (Look up how Element used to handle this to see for yourself). Hopefully it won't be too difficult to remove the rear seats on either 2 or 4 door models (think I saw in another thread they are attached by several torx bolts). Anyway, with all doors closed and Ellie's clamshell tailgate closed, we slept quite soundly, especially when we would have a typical summer Southern WV thunderstorm, which is almost a guarantee on 4th of July weekends on the banks of the Greenbrier River. Will post pics of our mobile camping weekend Hilton once I am posting from my phone instead of tablet. We are Beyond excited for our 4 Door non Squatched Badlands with the gray MGV to hopefully arrive in time to relive more camping adventures (hopefully can take delivery by June 21)!
I hope the 6 ft 6 inch length with tailgate closed is correct, but the only way I can see that is if the seats are not all the way forward in the photos. I'm skeptical, because if there is this much length, why did ford only post photos with the tailgate open and legs hanging out?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
At the beginning of the thread.

With a large rear cargo area in back, the rear sleeping area of all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down and 3 feet, 7 inches wide with 10 extra inches of elbow room in the door area. Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches tall, can stretch out a little more by moving the front seats forward and sleeping diagonally.
I wish someone from Ford would clarify this. 6 ft 6 inches is plenty of room for 99% of people to fully stretch out, yet the photos show the tailgate open with legs hanging out. If this is simply a matter of the seats not being all the way forward, someone at ford screwed up with these photos. I'm not complaining I know this isn't a camper or pickup truck, just want accurate data.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish someone from Ford would clarify this. 6 ft 6 inches is plenty of room for 99% of people to fully stretch out, yet the photos show the tailgate open with legs hanging out. If this is simply a matter of the seats not being all the way forward, someone at ford screwed up with these photos. I'm not complaining I know this isn't a camper or pickup truck, just want accurate data.
I wonder if this disparity is a result of the internal PR team looking to create a press release about how long it is in the back and how you can lay down in it... and the hired photography team being told to "take pictures of people laying down in the back and making them look like they're really comfortable and having a good time."

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if this disparity is a result of the internal PR team looking to create a press release about how long it is in the back and how you can lay down in it... and the hired photography team being told to "take pictures of people laying down in the back and making them look like they're really comfortable and having a good time."
That's probably exactly right.
Sponsored