Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are those wheels actually different from the Sasquatch wheels?
yes it is a 17x8" wheel and has carbonized color ring vs. 17x8.5" wheel black aluminum ring or option warm aluminum ring.
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is the is the official Bronco press release on specs. This will settle the beadlock question on optional 17 wheels on the Badlands.

1605481517246.png

33" Goodyear territory 285/70R17
17x8 beadlock-capable carbonized ring

35" Goodyear territory 315/ 70R17
17x8.5 beadlock-capable black alloy ring or warm alloy ring
Get out of here with your facts!

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do 35s look great on 2 and 4 doors? You bet! However, have you ever driven or rode in a 35” 4 wheeler? You’d be shocked once you stand next to them how high they are. Then think of climbing in and out each time.

33 ATs are perfect for me and my lifestyle. I like the optional 33” rims but do NOT want the MT tires so don’t think the upgrade is worth the cash.
On my B&P Badlands build you can get the optional 33" wheels with either the A/T or M/T tire

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Man I'm caught in the same dilemma, and this thread has thrown some good points on all three options. I love the look of the squatched BL, and if I don't go squatch initially I intend to ultimately put 35s or 37s on. At stake for me is the manual transmission, and if I have to wait for that or get the Sasquatch then I'll take the manual. That leads me to the AT or the MT. Personally I like the look of both tire and rim packages but I'm not sure the MT is worth the extra cost. Least I have a little time to try and work it out.

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37's. If you don't want to look up to anyone. Saw them on a gladiator. Wow.
only problem with 37s is you will need a higher lift for more clearance. I spoke with an offroad shop mgr and he said lift kits for the bronco will not be available until about mid 2022 in his estimation and depending on how it is engineered it could be a complicated one aka expensive...ugh

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Go check out the bronco nation video for some great clips of back to back comparisons between badlands with and without squatch (tip: 4 door with 33’s can be spotted by the stock badlands wheel on tailgate). In some angles, 33’s look a little small after seeing the 4-door squatch, but capability wise look just fine.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Beadlock capable wheel is only available on Squatch package. Other optional rim is not a beadlock rim, even though it looks similiar. Beadlock capable wheel definitely cost more money!
You are WRONG buddy. Please stop spreading incorrect information!
Look at page 2 in the WHEELS section!

Badlands optional wheels ARE BEADLOCK CAPABLE

Attachments

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been trying to find proof from Ford that they are beadlock capable but haven't found it yet. I always assumed they were fauxlocks. They did look better, that's for sure, but imo I wouldn't pay the extra price for those wheels AND the 33" mud terrains if I'm eventually going to aftermarket 35s in the future. Better off sticking with the stock 33s and upgrading later.
Look at page 2 of the attached for spec sheet. It clearly states that optional Badlands wheels ARE beadlock capable.
Sponsored

Attachments