Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zack, it is efficient that you took a screenshot of your original typed out explanation. It should be pinned whenever a hardtop discussion is had. But the summary of the total number of component pieces on the 2-dr Mod Top should be 4. (Rear clam shell, gunner's hatch, front driver's side, and front passenger side)
6 is correct. We had confirmation that the rear windows are removable as well.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If the product gets made then it's not a failure. Sure looks like the product is going to be made!

Your complaint reminds me of the folks complaining that "BASE" trim level cars should have more options.

Cigarette lighter, carpet, heater, rear view mirrors, seat belts, dome light, AM radio and reverse lights were all factory options in the 50's. What a time to be alive!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The clarification we need - and Ford/ BN doesn't seem to give us - is if we'll be able to still select these late avail options at the time we convert orders next month if we're willing to accept a delivery delay.
They said you can in their email early October, and again in this release. You can choose to wait AT ORDER TIME and retain your reservation time stamp

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All of these delays and switches are just making me realize I'm probably going to be happier waiting a year and getting what I really want as opposed to piecing it together (if that's even possible) as time rolls along.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They said you can in their email early October, and again in this release. You can choose to wait AT ORDER TIME and retain your reservation time stamp
So I guess you get the soft top when the vehicle gets delivered and get the hard top later from the dealership.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would just like to state that a lot of users here have been peddling false information about the black hard tops that conflicts with what Ford has said all along, causing consternation among this community.

Ford clearly in their email over a month ago announced that AT ORDER TIME, you can choose to wait for the black hard top without affecting your reservation... with the understanding that you're waiting for its availability IN THE 2021 MODEL. They said it again in this announcement.

If you're sensing my frustration in my post, its because I've been saying this and referencing directly back to the original email for a while now. And yet some people kept thinking they're forced into MIC or have to lose their 2021 reservation.

I really hope this thread clears things up for this board.

Thank you OP for sharing this!
Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability tenor (14)

To triple confirm with what I already knew. I'm waiting for black modular top, and getting a canvas bimini as my "second top" at order. My wildtrak Bronco is complete

Ford Bronco News: Dual Tops Option Will Be Late Availability Area 51 Bronco

Last edited:

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Click wait...

Ford: sorry, but Burton wait is now late availability....

Feels like they should have just waited that all was going to be ready.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m pretty sure it is I think I just threw him off cause I said more better.
You threw me off saying it was the same as the MIC inside, I thought you were saying it was the MIC top with a different shell. We make the polymer used in the tops, and I have seen pieces of finished tops, what I have seen is not the same inner shell on both products. This was over a year ago so thay may have changed.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting comment here.
"As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option."

So I can get a soft top now, and buy a painted black top after for $1,895?
if I could get another $695 (MIC top) off a wildtrak by getting soft top I would consider it.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wait. So I'm NOT forced into getting MIC top and CAN wait for Modular Black on FE?

I thought the refunded the price of the Modular Black because we HAD to take MIC at order?
More bad news....

This article has been updated with new information that has been confirmed to Bronco Nation by Ford Motor Company, namely, that the dual top option for the 2021 Ford Bronco has now been categorized as “Late Availability”.

Bronco brand has announced some important news related to roof options on the 2021 Bronco 2-door and 4-door models, confirming to Bronco Nation that the option for a dual top will now be late availability.

As reported previously, the top two series, the First Edition and Wildtrak™ models will only be available at launch with molded‑in‑color hardtops. The black‑painted modular hardtop roof, which was previously standard, will now be a late‑availability option for the 2021 model year, and will be offered to Wildtrak™ and First Edition series customers who are willing to wait.

As a result of this change, the MSRP of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option. Removeable driver and passenger first row and second row sections as well as the rear cap functionality (see Figure 1) remains to provide open air driving. 2-Door open air driving can be achieved by removing the front section (see Figure 2).

View attachment 64109

Figure 1: Overhead View of 4-door MIC and Modular roof

View attachment 64110

Figure 2: Overhead view of 2-door MIC and Modular Hardtop

Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door reservation holders will be given the choice of taking the mold-in-color option when the order conversion process begins in December. Alternatively, reservation holders can choose to wait for the black-painted modular hard top when it comes available. In addition to the black painted finish, the modular top allows for the removal of the rear-quarter glass in Bronco 2- and 4-doors models and on 2-door models only, adds another panel to the rear cap.

Bronco brand has indicated that initial reservation time stamp will continue to be honored. We are not sure what this will do for those choosing to wait except to ensure your place in line.

See below for top availability by model (UPDATED).

View attachment 64111

View attachment 64112
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With Black Cloth Soft-Top Roof Option
View attachment 64113
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks With Carbonized Grey MIC Top
View attachment 64114
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands With High Gloss Black Painted Modular Roof
I placed a reservation for a wild track with the understanding that I would be able to order a dual top and a painted black hard top when I placed my order in December for delivery starting some time in the spring of next year.

When I go to place my order, If the dealership tells me that late availability is going to be delivery date of anytime beyond July 31st then I'm out and I will just be buying another jeep.

Bronco is just becoming another rollout that Ford is completely screwing up!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This should be easy. "We've entered a credit for whatever top is in short supply into the service record of your vehicle. We'll call you when it gets here."

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of this has convinced me to order mine with nothing but cage doors and trailer hitch because who knows what all will be delayed by the time production starts. I may not even get cage doors cause the aftermarket will probably have something better 15min after the first Bronco rolls out.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't get that email as I didn't reserve either a Wildtrack or FE.
They at least say that for tops as it pertains to FE.
Hoping it's the same when it comes to opting for this elsewhere, or in the case of many of us, opting for the manual Sasquatch.
Sponsored