Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, thanks!
Sounds like a fairly simple aftermarket product. To all you entrepreneurs here’s an opportunity :)
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a couple places nearby that have them. Davis Metal in Westover Al , is where these came from. They are actually fabricated in Mobile Al. A friend got the 1 1/2" wide ones and has held up ok but I opted for the 2" ones. We have had two storms with 60mph winds since I put the roof on and lost 6 oak trees this year and it's still standing , so hopefully it can withstand more :)

This was just about 100 yards away from the garage .
20201029_115220.jpg
I'll have to check into them. I built a 3-car car port similar to yours, but with a roof with less pitch. I framed the crap out of it :LOL: because I tend to over-build stuff and we get 3 foot snowfalls every few years. But I've picked up a few more cars since then and need to build another car port. Thanks for posting.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping the sides and back glass would detach seperately!!!! Making it easier to handle and just another option leaving hte back on..
So me too. Based on the Ford July presser:

" All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps – snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels. "

Does that mean there is an optional "real" modular hard top that is not yet offered as an option? It's not in the B&P as of now.

Questions, questions...
We have all the answers. Two different types of tops. MIC and Modular.

The video featured the MIC top.

Modular is late availability. Late availability items are not shown in the B&P... only what is immediately available.

Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top How-to Video: Remove Roof Rack, Panels and Hardtop A4CCF082-7557-4365-9E25-3623E6838A6B

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. So I'll assume the late-availability modular top just replaces the rear clamshell.
No. It’s a a totally different surface treatment / skin material. The entire hard top, while shaped the same, is different... clam shell and front panels.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ignore the interior color of the roof, it is a lot darker than what is shown here.
As long as it's not brown, I'm good.

I'm getting the roof rack with crossbars, and realistically don't see taking that clam shell off often, if ever. The weather in Colorado's high country is too unpredictable to drive around topless with the roof back at home. The front panels, yes, all day long. Perfect.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. It’s a a totally different surface treatment / skin material. The entire hard top, while shaped the same, is different... clam shell and front panels.
Thanks for posting the detail. Your post came in while I was typing my reply, which is why I deleted my 2nd post. I'm assuming based on my late getting in line with a production slot, my Bronco will be delivered late in 2021, so maybe I can get the modular top as an option without the MIC standard top. But really, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Now I just need to worry how well the thermoplastic shell takes heat from the sun... LOL. The sheet molded compound is a themosetting plastic that will handle solar heating better.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting the detail. Your post came in while I was typing my reply, which is why I deleted my 2nd post. I'm assuming based on my late getting in line with a production slot, my Bronco will be delivered late in 2021, so maybe I can get the modular top as an option without the MIC standard top. But really, it's not a deal breaker for me.
Your dealer will probably be able to see the “late availability” options in their ordering system. Mention to them you want the modular top... supposedly your order will go in and it will just be delayed until the top becomes available.

In the case of a late reservation, it may not even be an issue.

This is exactly my plan.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another entrepreneurial idea

A multi tool that includes all :)

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s prob a dumb question...if you take off the front section only in MIC, how is air going to get out while driving? At least with modular you can take back section windows off... just imagining the wind noise and other things. At least with the soft top you can open more windows.

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will have a 2 door with a roof rack. The video was useful for me to see that it is easy to at least remove the front panels and throw them in the back. Doubt I will ever remove the back part.

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So me too. Based on the Ford July presser:

" All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps – snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels. "

Does that mean there is an optional "real" modular hard top that is not yet offered as an option? It's not in the B&P as of now.

Questions, questions...

I thought I had read that somewhere....heck it's probably only a $1500 option like you're buying out a complete new top with no consideration that hte stock MIC top price should be taken into consideration..and just be deducted from the price of the other top...
Sponsored