Sponsored

What features are you getting that you DON'T want?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Half the standard package, 3/4 the mid, and almost all the high package. Also the power windows and really the goat modes.

The things i want are the 4x4 stuff. Clearance, lockers, swaybar disco, trail camera, winch, lights, washout floor, vinyl and the manual. Things I would like are the slideout, power inverter, molle panels, and dual tops.

I would have been great if there was a trimmed fat no nonsense everything you need for say a forest service rig and nothing you dont. No special driver assists or luxury type in cab ammenities. Or alteast a delete button for items on the highest models.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any function which automates operation of the vehicle and removes the drivers responsibility. This includes such items as:
  • automatic transmission
  • rain-sensing windshield wipers
  • auto-on headlights
  • auto-highbeam
  • adaptive cruise control
  • lane keeping assist
  • automatic braking
If you're too inept, incapable, inattentive or lazy to drive the vehicle while being aware of the environment around you, you shouldn't be driving.

Trains of people stuck in adaptive-cruise-control-hell or driving in the dark without their headlights on, or headlights off in the rain are the result of making driving easier and lowering the bar. It does not serve society or roadways well in the long run.

Good news though, the NHTSA has finally started to look into regulating these technologies due to the frightening number of "tuned out" drivers on the roadway today.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...oceedings-for-autonomous-safety-you-can-help/

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're probably right. In fact, now that you mention it, I've got a bunch of it in my garage to install in my truck. Might as well buy some more for the Bronc.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am ordering a Badlands for all of the off road equipment and am "stuck" with the high package because I want the additional sound deadening. I'm getting, and don't want at least the following:

12" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability

Power Outlet - Back Side of Center Floor Console

360-Degree Camera

SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition, LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability and Connected Navigation

Connected Navigation

Pre-Collision Assist w/Auto Braking

Smart-charging ports

MOLLES panels

Apple-anything

Ford Co-Pilot

Ambient footwell lighting
Take a look at @Hothead Headliners. They do sound deadening for Jeeps and are planning on kits for the Bronco. You may have to wait a bit for them to have kits available, but you won't have to buy an entire package of stuff you don't want.

Sponsored

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't want the Badlands. I do want the black wheel rings, the black accents, the Sport mode (which can be used in 2wd) and have zero use for the swaybar disconnect. Also want tube steps, which are not an option on the Badlands . . . I understand that I can pull off the sliders and add the steps on my own . . . but no need when I can get the vehicle I want with the steps installed out of the gate . . . and once I add everything I am getting with the Wildtrak the Badlands actually will cost more $$ . . . if I went with MGV instead of leather I would be @ 1500.00 less - but still be without the things mentioned earlier and no power seats on top of it . . . I like my choices and, as I said, I do not feel like I have anything that I will not use/want.
Thats exactly true BL adds up more than WT

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a look at @Hothead Headliners. They do sound deadening for Jeeps and are planning on kits for the Bronco. You may have to wait a bit for them to have kits available, but you won't have to buy an entire package of stuff you don't want.
I'm getting the headliner, but think the additional sound deadening is applied to the body of the vehicle. I'm hoping to have a quieter vehicle overall, not just headliner. I have the headliner option spec'd, and the high package for additional sound deadening. I want it 4Runner quiet.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting the headliner, but think the additional sound deadening is applied to the body of the vehicle. I'm hoping to have a quieter vehicle overall, not just headliner. I have the headliner option spec'd, and the high package for additional sound deadening. I want it 4Runner quiet.
They have kits for the entire vehicle, not just the headliner. I believe the name is because they started out with headliners, but they've since expanded their line. Check out their website.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Not too $ either.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

By not offering Mid + Manual on the Black Diamond, Ford has simplified my life. I am not getting any features that I don't want. Unfortunately, there are some features I'd like to have that I won't be able to get. I'm sure Ford would like people like me to step up to a Badlands. Instead they will get less money from me than they otherwise could have. If I did choose to step up to a Badlands, then I'd have a very long list of features I don't want.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am ordering a Badlands for all of the off road equipment and am "stuck" with the high package because I want the additional sound deadening. I'm getting, and don't want at least the following:

12" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability

Power Outlet - Back Side of Center Floor Console

360-Degree Camera

SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition, LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability and Connected Navigation

Connected Navigation

Pre-Collision Assist w/Auto Braking

Smart-charging ports

MOLLES panels

Apple-anything

Ford Co-Pilot

Ambient footwell lighting
Why? Just get some dynamats or something instead

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned